Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings)

Martin Lewis has speculated tonight that the price cap goes up another 42% in October and will remain roughly the same for January even though wholesale has fallen - funny that.

Another £840 is reported in October. I will hopefully be one of the few where the bills fall, living on my own now with no one to turn the heating on at stupid times and P.C's not on permanent standby.

That reminds me I must ring the water board in the morning as it will be cheaper now on a meter

Having been switched to BG when my provider went bump I have been looking around to see whats out there in fixed deals, nothing. However I have now taken a fixed deal with BG, fixed until May next year.

EDF offered me a fix, but it was 2 years (from memory) and the early exit fee was £150 per fuel. Outrageous.

EDF offered me a fix, but it was 2 years (from memory) and the early exit fee was £150 per fuel. Outrageous.
The exit fee with BG is £75 per fuel. Just a 1 year deal so can avoid any big rises in October and possibly April before it runs out.

I have mentioned before that I have solar panels. This morning I did 4 loads of washing and did'nt use any electric at all, in fact most of the morning they were generating more than I was using and that was going to the National Grid.
Its not feasible to expect everybody to install them, cost etc but if the Gov is serious about carbon neutrality they should set aside a chunk of money and offer 100% grants to people who want to get them. At an average cost of £15k a sum of £100 million would cover the cost for approx 1.5 million homes. As each of these come on stream they would not be taking as much from the Grid and in fact like me supplying the grid. £100 mil in the greater scheme of things is nothing. Also all new builds should have them fitted as standard. The cost spread over the life of a 25 year mortgage would be nothing and they would probably pay for themselves over the same period.
The saving I make throughout the summer helps to offset the higher bills in the winter.

It's getting absolutely ridiculous now the cost of petrol, gas and electric. I walked into town at lunchtime on my break past 2 pubs that were absolutely heaving with punters sat outside drinking . Where , how can they afford this ?

This isn't gas and electric however with my last one moving out of home I am having my water utilities swapped to a meter.

This will save me £18 per month and half my water bill

It's getting absolutely ridiculous now the cost of petrol, gas and electric. I walked into town at lunchtime on my break past 2 pubs that were absolutely heaving with punters sat outside drinking . Where , how can they afford this ?

Credit cards.

The banks have learnt nothing. They'll be another big personal debt crisis soon enough.

After the last one there was a big thing made of responsible lending.... Lasted about a year now its as you were.

My step daughter got offered finance on a Mini last week. 15k over 4 years. She works part time, in a pub earning minimum wage. Shocking. Luckily she saw sense and didn't buy it but it was all offered and agreed. 😡

Credit cards.

The banks have learnt nothing. They'll be another big personal debt crisis soon enough.

After the last one there was a big thing made of responsible lending.... Lasted about a year now its as you were.

My step daughter got offered finance on a Mini last week. 15k over 4 years. She works part time, in a pub earning minimum wage. Shocking. Luckily she saw sense and didn't buy it but it was all offered and agreed. 😡
What struck me today was the absolute cross section of ages out in the middle of the day on a Tuesday ! drinking , and none of them looked like they were having a quick cheeky one on their lunch break, these were all set in for the day. Yes I was a bit jealous but I just can't fathom where the money is coming from to support this . Do benefits stretch this far or student loans ?

JF you will probably want to merge this with the benefits thread at some stage however I'm putting it up as a singular post so all can see it who need or want to know what they will get or their familes will to feed back

1/ £625 will, be divided into 2 payments in July and the autumn. So £325 per payment will be paid to those on the following benefits

Universal Credit whether working and getting work benefit support or on full Universal Credit for work or long term sick
Legacy benefits (Such as ESA)
Tax Credits
Pension Credit

2/ £150 to be paid in September to all those on disability

PIP
DLA
Attendance Allowance
Scottish disability benefits
Armed forces independence payment
Constant attendance allowance

3/ The winter payment for pensioners will double from £300 from £600 this winter

4/ All households whatever your income will receive a one off payment of £400 which will be paid directly to your fuel company staggered from October 2022 - March 2023

it annoys me because they never answer the question and are never bought to task despite these embarrassing public confrontations

Just on a side note, can someone please give me a few thousand pounds please, I want to donate it to charity.

:slap:

Just on a side note, can someone please give me a few thousand pounds please, I want to donate it to charity.

:slap:
Sure, just send me your bank details, the 16 digits on the front of your debit card, the expiry date and the security number off the back off the card.