Forest- Wolves match thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Forest- Wolves match thread

Mark2310 - 16/9/2017 21:59

LyttleByLyttle - 16/9/2017 21:10

Seems like people are finally catching up on Brereton.

They will do and you are positively reveling in it, did you enjoy Osborns second season under Dougie when he struggled or is it just Ben

Why am I reveling (sic) in it?

I'm fooking frustrated. Arguably our brightest talent is being nullified by our own stupidity.

Pleased you're enjoying it though :14:

Result aside...I think it's a valid point made earlier about negativity coming from the manager

We have a striker out wide...while the wingers sit on the bench

We desperately lack a controlling force in the middle with Vaughan out, and most importantly we pass,pass,pass,pass but rarely threaten

That cannot continue if he wants to push us forward

LyttleByLyttle - 16/9/2017 22:28

Calvin Plummer - 16/9/2017 22:20

Wolves have spent tens of millions in the last couple of seasons, we've sold tens of millions.

Some Forest fans are such wa**ers.

This +1

I:20:n:20:g:20:r:20:a:20:t:20:i:20:a:20:t:20:i:20:n:20:g

Apollyon - 16/9/2017 21:50

Is anyone watching the Saunders undercard???

:19: :19: :19:

Pettitt is living up to his name and can be no older than 4

Frank Warren at his best with the show

Not sure i can wait any longer for the Saunders fight . Shocking. He is looking the leanest I have ever seen him.

the jock - 16/9/2017 23:04

Apollyon - 16/9/2017 21:50

Is anyone watching the Saunders undercard???

:19: :19: :19:

Pettitt is living up to his name and can be no older than 4

Frank Warren at his best with the show

Not sure i can wait any longer for the Saunders fight . Shocking. He is looking the leanest I have ever seen him.

Must be next on

We need to go further than drop Osborn, Worrall and Brereton.

Why not just shut down the entire academy, like that visionary TrickyMaccLad argued on here a few years ago?

It would save us £1m a year and stop us producing sh!t like Osborn putting in 100+ consistent performances

At the start of the season it looked as though most of us would be satisfied to end up mid table. Well here we are at mid table and many of us are complaining. Doesn't take much does it ?
And we've not been able to spend much either.

And judging from afar the majority of our players seem to fit the mid table category so we're probably in the right spot on the table.

I wonder how MW would go if he had real cash to splash bearing in mind that we're still short of players in key positions.

I think their point is, the football is pretty but dire.

Its frustrating to watch I agree, but sack the manager? :19: :19: :19:

Apollyon - 17/9/2017 05:12

I think their point is, the football is pretty but dire.

Its frustrating to watch I agree, but sack the manager? :19: :19: :19:

Yes pretty sure I've got the message, but I'd like to see what he could do with players of his choice instead of what he has at the moment.

Until he's got that middle and defence improved we're not going to see the best from him. That's my opinion anyway.

:14:

I'm clearly in the minority, but I thought we played some really nice football first half, and were easily the better team. Just lacked that final ball. Thought we made them look pretty pedestrian.
We struggled to break them down in the second though. A couple of terrible mistakes aside, and I didn't see a lot of difference between the two teams.

As for Brereton, right now he is not as good a front man as Murphy. Unfortunately he is struggling out wide and I think he was very lucky to stay on the pitch. However, MW clearly wants to give him game time, which is no bad thing. His decision making needs to improve, he holds onto the ball too long sometimes. There were numerous times yesterday when Darikwa overlapped but was never found. He will learn though.

Brereton, worrall, Osborne, smith

Do we want promotion from this division or not?

I don't think they are good enough for a promotion chasing team...right now. They may come good, they may not. It is no surprise we are inconsistent because they are inconsistent.

Either you acknowledge this and support it and accept inconsistent results or you don't.

Personally I think you play your best players. Smith is not better than Henderson. Worrall is not better than Hobbs or manc or fox. Brereton is not a right sided forward player or winger. Osborne is bang average.

Is he playing them because they may develop or because they are the best we have? I think we have better players in their position and so they should be being used as subs

It's all about opinions Toms. I agree that BB should not be starting out of position.However although Osborn didn't have one his better games yesterday he is normally a consistent performer. Worrall should definately be given games. We need to develop him in my opinion as over the years we see the same centre halfs getting injured and therefore we have failed to get a centre back partnership going. Not only that the way Forest are now being run it could be argued that by playing our youngsters we are more likely to sell one for a higher fee to help finance future purchases.

toms - 17/9/2017

Osborne is bang average.

Is he playing them because they may develop or because they are the best we have? I think we have better players in their position and so they should be being used as subs

It's less than a month since someone posted a fake rumour that we had received a bid of 10m for Osborne

And I seem to remember most posters saying that was nowhere near enough for him??

Jimmy Gordon - 17/9/2017 08:45

toms - 17/9/2017

Osborne is bang average.

It's less than a month since someone posted a fake rumour that we had received a bid of 10m for Osborne

And I seem to remember most posters saying that was nowhere near enough for him??

I think you need to differentiate between the crazy transfer market and whether Osborne is the best we have at the club in the position he plays. Personally I put the bouch, bridcutt and Vaughn and cohen ahead of him ability and effectiveness wise. I put dowell and clough ahead of him in the number 10 role and traore as a better left back/wing back. I also put McKay and carayol ahead of him as left wingers.

Maybe he is playing because he hardly gets injured. Ok. But that doesn't mean he is the best we have in his position

Smith, worrall, brereton ditto

Why can't we just accept that homegrown and okish as these guys are...maybe, just maybe they aren't good enough right now nor should they really be playing from the start of games because there are better players than them at the club?

I could see where you are coming from regarding Worrall, Smith and Brereton Toms. But not Osborne. He is one of our better players IMO.