Forest- Wolves match thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forest- Wolves match thread

Not sure what game you were watching Ozzy, but Bridcutt was fuking dire apart from one challenge

There are no positives from that shite

Widdow - 16/9/2017 19:06

I thought Bridcutt was good considering he was our only central midfielder.

I thought Bridcutt was great today; comfortably the man of the match.

He has been poor up to now; he obviously needed time to settle in.

We are still developing as a team; some of the comments about today's game are quite frankly fooking idiotic.

As usual people expecting us to go from relegation fodder to champions in the space of a couple of months.
We lacked a cutting edge today. But bosses the game for large parts. Two awful mistakes cost us, that's it. Against probably the best team in the division. Before their first goal couldn't see them scoring. Thought we were comfortable without really threatening ourselves. Played some good football first half too.
Apart from the one bad mistake for their second, Ozzy had a good game and Bridcutt was easily our best player. So don't know what game some of you were watching.

mao tse tung - 16/9/2017 19:11

We are still developing as a team; some of the comments about today's game are quite frankly fooking idiotic.

Which one's?

We are what we are..mid table at least... No good moaning,wolves weren't that good but still beat us...that's gonna be the story of this season...just accept it ..there is nothing the fans can do...

Oborn was shite .
Him and Dowell kept giving the ball away which led to both Wolves goals.
I'm amazed Osborn stayed on the pitch for the full 90.
I counted four occasions in the first 10 minutes that Osborn needlessly gave the ball away and he didn't stop at that.
Piss poor.

Hardy Forest - 16/9/2017 19:13

As usual people expecting us to go from relegation fodder to champions in the space of a couple of months.
We lacked a cutting edge today. But bosses the game for large parts. Two awful mistakes cost us, that's it. Against probably the best team in the division. Before their first goal couldn't see them scoring. Thought we were comfortable without really threatening ourselves. Played some good football first half too.
Apart from the one bad mistake for their second, Ozzy had a good game and Bridcutt was easily our best player. So don't know what game some of you were watching.

What game did you watch ?
Osborn was fooking shite !

Yep. We are mid table team. We didn't invest like wolves or Leeds with new owners

Fans wanted mid table mediocrity this season and that's what we are looking to get.

If we wanted more we would have bought a box to box midfielder. A centre back and new keeper.

As it is we had one central midfielder in team today players like Brereton out of position and proper lack of pace and cutting edge.

Wolves played on counter attack and we didn't really create many chances. Their defenders hardly broke a sweat.

We scored a wonder effort but couldn't hold on for a draw at home. Typical mid table performance albeit some really tough games ahead of us.

We were unbelievably negative today Mao. Bridcutt was immense.

There was a moment in the second half where we we in their final quarter down the right. Brereton made a run, Darikwa passed it sideways to Bridcutt (Brereton by this time was in no mans land) Bridcutt passed to Osborn (cant for the life of me see why hes getting stick, Dowell was shit) Osborn then passed to Mills and we were now in our quarter 5 yards off the 18. I put my head in my hands.

Warburton too did my head in. 70 mins of haranguing Brereton. You could see his shoulders drop. Hes got to stop playing him wide, its ridiculous.

When he took off Dowell and put on Carayol (Caryaol didnt play mate) I thought right, McKay out right and Carayol left and bring Brereton into the middle, but no. Not the plan.

Very frustrating.

So we are fooking dire with no plan B based on loses to Wolves and Leeds had we won those games the consensus would be one of happiness

It would also mean we would be top of the league

Nothing like a reasonable level of expectation

orbitalforest - 16/9/2017 20:32

I should think Osborn had the highest pass completion rate for the Wolves side.

Haha to the opposition?

And no cutting passes in final 3rd where it counts.

Still don't know his best position.

Edit - bit drunk and read that wrong. I agree orb

Unbelievable reactions today. Just watched their managers interview and admitted they did a job on us with a perfect desciplined defensive away performance.

The last 2 sides have come and done a job on us. They are top 2 and will be up there all season.

We need to take a long term view and build.
Osborn did not have his greatest game but never stops showing for the ball in tight areas.

I'm worried about brereton though. Looked on his knees today.

Apollyon - 16/9/2017 20:21

We were unbelievably negative today Mao. Bridcutt was immense.

There was a moment in the second half where we we in their final quarter down the right. Brereton made a run, Darikwa passed it sideways to Bridcutt (Brereton by this time was in no mans land) Bridcutt passed to Osborn (cant for the life of me see why hes getting stick, Dowell was shit) Osborn then passed to Mills and we were now in our quarter 5 yards off the 18. I put my head in my hands.

Warburton too did my head in. 70 mins of haranguing Brereton. You could see his shoulders drop. Hes got to stop playing him wide, its ridiculous.

When he took off Dowell and put on Carayol (Caryaol didnt play mate) I thought right, McKay out right and Carayol left and bring Brereton into the middle, but no. Not the plan.

Very frustrating.

Totally agree.

The negativity is coming from the manager, mainly through the tactics he employs; I thought they were there for the taking today and we should have been far more positive.

Despite the negativity we were guilty of gifting them two goals, both of which were calamitous.

Brereton played all his youth football as a striker. Now he is being played on right wing and having to learn how to play that position on the fly each week in the championship.

Not fair on him. Play him in his proper position and see how he does.