Forest vs PGMOL | Page 21 | Vital Football

Forest vs PGMOL

Burnley equalise from the spot late on. No doubt about the penalty but how did the ref miss it. Had to rely on VAR.

With the technology currently to hand, and the "implementation" governed by the PGMOL, they weren't level.

If Forest were Spurs, in this example, would you have been happy if "they were virtually level" logic been applied, as opposed to gauging the proper outcome?
He’s offside by his arse. How is his arse interfering with play? It’s bullshit, fuck it off.

Burnley equalise from the spot late on. No doubt about the penalty but how did the ref miss it. Had to rely on VAR.
Exactly what Nuno was saying yesterday; the refs are avoiding making decisions and relying on VAR to step in.

But the VAR are reluctant to make referee look wrong in front of a stadium of people so they avoid a decision as well.

This is exactly what has happened to us all season

Exactly what Nuno was saying yesterday; the refs are avoiding making decisions and relying on VAR to step in.

But the VAR are reluctant to make referee look wrong in front of a stadium of people so they avoid a decision as well.

Yes it's pathetic Pope you're right. What winds me up is that things were supposed to improve when they brought Webb in to sort out the mess that VAR & refereeing in general were in, but he's managed to make it even more shambolic. That & the way that they keep shifting the rules & thresholds for getting a penalty during the season without telling people. Why do they apply the laws differently for a foul in the penalty area to how they are applied over the rest of the pitch

You know I said this exact thing earlier in the season, but you told me that I was wrong and its corruption...

You know I said this exact thing earlier in the season, but you told me that I was wrong and its corruption...
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

I do think we are being specifically targeted.

Doesn't mean that what is described isn't happening generally.

Can't remember specifically telling you that you were wrong though

In cricket, sometimes the umpire gets it wrong. No one bats an eyelid unless it’s like the tenth time in the match

It seems general feeling from Everton fans now that they are safe they they wants us to go down.

I quite like Everton and have a few mates who are fans, but I would laugh if they ended up in admin and went down this season anyway.

The tech is shit, old and not fit for purpose.

For the “best league in the world” that they’re using TV streams, or fixed cameras, that are low quality to prevent latency, at the minimum framerate with encoding (mpeg2 was devised for DVD production over twenty ago) their pictures is laughable.

“Similar difficulties will also exist with identifying the offside position in soccer since it is not possible to match the frames and determine the position of the objects.”

Basically, the game moves too quickly for the capturing speed of the cameras in place.
Coupled to the reduced quality of each frame recorded (when zoomed, the pixillation evident on a close-up) as its a compressed codec makes the evidence available to VAR little more than guesswork.
i admit that since the start Ive felt sometimes the lines are simply not perpendicular

Interesting quandary in Rugby. Match official Dickson found himself as referee against his old club yesterday. He yellow carded his old compatriot Care. Later in the game he was about to yellow card him again, resulting in a red. VAR intervened and they had a discussion about whether a ruck had formed and whether the tackled player was in a scoring position. They decided against a yellow, but still a foul. It was in the end the right decision but it shows the dilemma of putting an ex player or fan in a position of officialdom. It isn’t that they are biased but the perception that they could be.

Interesting quandary in Rugby. Match official Dickson found himself as referee against his old club yesterday. He yellow carded his old compatriot Care. Later in the game he was about to yellow card him again, resulting in a red. VAR intervened and they had a discussion about whether a ruck had formed and whether the tackled player was in a scoring position. They decided against a yellow, but still a foul. It was in the end the right decision but it shows the dilemma of putting an ex player or fan in a position of officialdom. It isn’t that they are biased but the perception that they could be.
It also shows that if the VAR/TMO process is transparent and that you have competent people in place the review process works.