Forest vs PGMOL | Page 22 | Vital Football

Forest vs PGMOL

David Coote on VAR for the Everton/Luton game.
He's not allowed to ref Forest games because he's a Notts County fan.

After Attwell-gate, this is the 2nd week running Coote is the VAR for Luton's game!

Deliberate and unnecessary act by the PGMOL.

So. The Independent panel made up of ex players and refs decide only one was a penalty. Pull the other. The one they decided was a penalty was the one where CHO is hacked down from behind and Taylor declares he got the ball. What was Taylor on. One thing to miss something but to see something that didn’t happen is mind blowing. To make matters worse Attwell sees no reason to review. One has illusions and the other temporary blindness.

The panel of old friends and colleagues are looking after their own. Not football. Not sure which is in worse state, referees, VAR, or governance of each. Webb needs to get a grip.

Doesn't matter. We would only ever have had one of the three anyway. Give us a goal from any of those penalties and the game changes completely and the situations leading to the later ones don't happen
Precisely and a point (at the least ) could make the difference between going down and staying up . Will we get a sorry letter because that would make me feel better before our first game against Derby....

So. The Independent panel made up of ex players and refs decide only one was a penalty. Pull the other. The one they decided was a penalty was the one where CHO is hacked down from behind and Taylor declares he got the ball. What was Taylor on. One thing to miss something but to see something that didn’t happen is mind blowing. To make matters worse Attwell sees no reason to review. One has illusions and the other temporary blindness.

The panel of old friends and colleagues are looking after their own. Not football. Not sure which is in worse state, referees, VAR, or governance of each. Webb needs to get a grip.

I said at the time that the Reyna one was probably not a pen because he looked like he'd thrown himself to the ground.

The handball you've seen some given some not and the IP was split 3/2 that it wasn't. To borrow a cricket term, Umpire's call.

The one on CHO everyone (except the referee's) agrees it was a pen and the question that now needs to be answered is how did Taylor miss it and why the VAR didn't review it correctly. That's always been my beef with this and I suspect the clubs as well.

I said at the time that the Reyna one was probably not a pen because he looked like he'd thrown himself to the ground.

The handball you've seen some given some not and the IP was split 3/2 that it wasn't. To borrow a cricket term, Umpire's call.

The one on CHO everyone (except the referee's) agrees it was a pen and the question that now needs to be answered is how did Taylor miss it and why the VAR didn't review it correctly. That's always been my beef with this and I suspect the clubs as well.
The other 2 were both penalties too...pure and simple

The other 2 were both penalties too...pure and simple

I'm with you on the handball that it should've been a pen but the way these decisions are made you can see why it wasn't overturned. We'd have been up in arms if it was given against us but equally happy if we'd been the ones to "get away with it".

We'll have to agree to disagree about the Reyna one. There was to little contact to justify the theatrical fall and he effectively conned himself out of one.

We should have had 2 nailed on but the 3rd one is an absolute shocker which could have changed the game. We were on top and getting an equaliser in the 55th minute? Who knows what happens after that with a toxic crowd having a go.

Plus our heads dropped a little after the pen wasn't given and shortly after they got a second goal. I think if we'd been level at that point we'd be the ones pushing for a second goal.

To go on a bit...

Incompetence from the Ref and and an unwillingness to "hang a mate out to dry" (at best) from the VAR shows to everyone (except the PGMOL and EPL bigwigs because that would be like Turkeys voting for Xmas) that the standard of officiating is not of a high enough standard and that the VAR implementation is not fit for purpose.

I don't know how many apology letters we've had from PGMOL this season but we should be using these as mitigating evidence when it comes to answering the charges levelled at us because we've shouted out about it.

All clubs have been affected by the poor standard of the match officials - some to their benefit but many others to their detriment - but it's past time for the PGMOL to become an open organisation. They have to be made to justify their on field decisions. Ref's need to be able to be asked about their decisions and VAR discussions should be open and available to all. Only if the ref's are held accountable for their decision making can we ensure that poor performances are at least minimised if not eradicated.

Rant over :LOL:

In isolation, either of the first two shouts would just be considered as one of those decisions that could go either way. When it's set against a backdrop of decisions which could go either way only ever going one way - against you - it causes some anger.

When those kinds of decisions have seen penalties consistently given against you, it becomes even more galling.

Then it's combined with a string of blatant errors going against you -which VAR somehow consistently ignores - it prompts a reaction like we saw from Forest.

I'm with you on the handball that it should've been a pen but the way these decisions are made you can see why it wasn't overturned. We'd have been up in arms if it was given against us but equally happy if we'd been the ones to "get away with it".

We'll have to agree to disagree about the Reyna one. There was to little contact to justify the theatrical fall and he effectively conned himself out of one.

We should have had 2 nailed on but the 3rd one is an absolute shocker which could have changed the game. We were on top and getting an equaliser in the 55th minute? Who knows what happens after that with a toxic crowd having a go.

Plus our heads dropped a little after the pen wasn't given and shortly after they got a second goal. I think if we'd been level at that point we'd be the ones pushing for a second goal.

To go on a bit...

Incompetence from the Ref and and an unwillingness to "hang a mate out to dry" (at best) from the VAR shows to everyone (except the PGMOL and EPL bigwigs because that would be like Turkeys voting for Xmas) that the standard of officiating is not of a high enough standard and that the VAR implementation is not fit for purpose.

I don't know how many apology letters we've had from PGMOL this season but we should be using these as mitigating evidence when it comes to answering the charges levelled at us because we've shouted out about it.

All clubs have been affected by the poor standard of the match officials - some to their benefit but many others to their detriment - but it's past time for the PGMOL to become an open organisation. They have to be made to justify their on field decisions. Ref's need to be able to be asked about their decisions and VAR discussions should be open and available to all. Only if the ref's are held accountable for their decision making can we ensure that poor performances are at least minimised if not eradicated.

Rant over :LOL:
Good post and agree with pretty much everything but I still think Young kicked through Reyna challenging from behind. Anywhere else that's a freekick

We do really need a clear cut rule on this. You are either allowed to stand with your arms out, or you're not. If the ball is kicked at you from (say) less than 5 yards, it's either a penalty or it isn't.

One teams defenders running around with their arms behind their back, and another team running round dangling their arms out just isn't fair. Neither is it fair when PGMOL people say the rules on level of contact are being "adapted" during the season.

Make the interpretation of the rules clearer, and stick with it.

Just listened to / watched Webb talking about the "penalties" first not enough contact subjective, 2nd subjective again arm in a natural position which I would suggest was only natural if you were trying to stop the ball, the 3rd one for which Webb had already admitted was wrong the audio was rubbish Attwell for me only gave it a cursory viewing and described it as "mutual tussling" but that's OK because they are consenting adults.

Then Webb proceeds to waffle all round it in an effort to avoid saying it was just plain wrong. The bloke really is full of BS. Sky praising him for admitting they got it wrong, but he couldn't really do any other could he. Oh & by the way would you believe it still no audio for first 2.

Just listened to / watched Webb talking about the "penalties" first not enough contact subjective, 2nd subjective again arm in a natural position which I would suggest was only natural if you were trying to stop the ball, the 3rd one for which Webb had already admitted was wrong the audio was rubbish Attwell for me only gave it a cursory viewing and described it as "mutual tussling" but that's OK because they are consenting adults.

Then Webb proceeds to waffle all round it in an effort to avoid saying it was just plain wrong. The bloke really is full of BS. Sky praising him for admitting they got it wrong, but he couldn't really do any other could he. Oh & by the way would you believe it still no audio for first 2.
Just infuriated me more than I was when it happened.

Bullshit arse covering. Had to hold their hands up to the third so they did but given how shit the explanation is they should really be saying what is happening in terms of disciplinary action on atwell for such poor judgement and performance. "Just a coming together"

Complete rubbish about the first one, doesn't reach the very high contact threshold we have implemented across the pitch. Well why the hell have we had some of the penalties given against us like the rashford one. I hope we put something together to show these inconsistencies.

Then the sky news comments following it up with about 1 min of forest hard done by but another 5 of laying it on thick expect the fa and premier league to come down on us hard because of the tweet, Nico, Clattenburg and Nuno outbursts. What a load of shit and just what we expected