Forest v Charlton match thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

Forest v Charlton match thread

I actually think this might be the worst January transfer window we have had.

I would probably have preferred that we do absolutely nothing, letting no one go and no one arrive rather than add to the deadwood.
and people were critical of the few that criticised this joke of a board we have when it comes to signings and sackings

Yes he fooked up, but he owned it too (couldnt have done much else). I hope after today we can stop the moaning and get on with getting ready for west brom. Im as fed up as the next tricky but im also fed up with moaning.

Automatic is still a (slim) possibility which is astonishing really, a play off place is ours to lose. We are having a much better season and have improved.

If we sell our best players in the summer i will be pissed but not before it happens so im not gonna start gnashing my teeth now. Bad as it was, it was just 3 pts and not as bad as leeds or brentford losing to us. Beat wba then we will once again forget the horror show.
we havnt improved in the final third all season, its still genuine dogshit. ive been too harsh on grabz smetimes but our midfield is worse than sub standard.
Can you imagine lolley staying on the pitch under Clough if he crossed to the crowd twice? to do it repeatedly is just shocking, needs overtime on training ground learning how to be more than a one trick pony

Our set pieces are horrible, is there anyone in the squad who can take one Johnson maybe? We haven't come close from a direct free kick, the corners either clear everyone or go to short.

Bong and Jenkinson (as shit as they were) must be buzzing after hearing that, they must be chomping at the bit for the next game. Poor team selection, and poor post match as well. I like him, but it wasn’t his greatest night as manager.

Maybe SL was giving a subliminal shout out to the recruitment team.

SL tells it like it is and Bong and Jenks look like they are masterbate.

we havnt improved in the final third all season, its still genuine dogshit. ive been too harsh on grabz smetimes but our midfield is worse than sub standard.
Can you imagine lolley staying on the pitch under Clough if he crossed to the crowd twice? to do it repeatedly is just shocking, needs overtime on training ground learning how to be more than a one trick pony

Yes our set pieces are poor and our crossing is also wayward, even if there was anyone to pass to. Calling lolly a one trick pony is unfair as he has done well coming inside.

There is definitely room for improvement, a lot of room in fact but lets not allow that to overshadow the obvious progress.

I maintain that at this point in time we are better off than the last few years. One bad defeat doesnt change that and i wont dwell overlong on the doom mongering cos its not warremted yet. I'll join in when it is.

Yes the game was a massive let down and probably a reality check. I’ve seen some very shit games over the years but what struck me was I doubt I had ever seen a game with so many individual errors, it was as if it was infectious – Samba even started with some terrible clearances at one point.

I suppose it was a gamble that didn’t pay off. Before I knew about the injuries, leaving the ground I did wonder what Lamouchi was doing if he thought that Bong and Jenkinson were ready for a first team game. Bong especially was terrible, lost the player for their goal after Jenkinson has needlessly given it away in front of halfway. Jenkinson looked sluggish and full of mistakes. In their defence they were possibly not match fit and rusty. Surely they can do better?

Set pieces continue to be extremely poor - sort that out.

Diakhaby – has amazing pace which is exciting but on that show has little ability to go with it. Also at one point he lost the ball just over half way, and he got up and watched the play instead of steaming back to help. £9m? Get to fuck. How hard did Lyle Taylor work on his own up front? He was still sprinting at our defenders in the final minutes.

It is obvious that the squad is too thin which many have said for a while. It was inevitable that we would have injuries and we are simply not able to match the missing players with squad players and that does not bode well for the rest of the season.

I cannot understand the Carvalho situation at all. A current disaster this one, a £13m player can’t make it on to the pitch against a Champ team 4th from bottom whilst we are left picking up loans from Huddersfield presumably due to financial restraint.

January window was terrible. I’m all for a long term plan but were the club not tempted to push the boat out given our position? Deflating. There may well be a plan but it cannot be about promotion this season. Beyond that who knows? I see nothing which suggests a major recruitment campaign is coming.

Saying all this I wouldn’t put it past us to beat WBA.

Credit to our fans too, they continue to show amazing support.

Last edited:
I am very disappointed and very angry with the last game! Another wasted golden opportunity!

I understand that some players need a break, that they should be protected from injury .. but 5 changes !!! Ok, make 2 changes, change another 2-3 in 60 minutes to rest, or drop 5, but leave on the bench players who can change the game if things don't go ...

And what are these new players - unknown and unproven, what is this transfer window ... is this the time for experiments... a complete waste of opportunity ... Therefore, I said it was good to take on loan 2-3 good players ... Exactly for such games when Grabban and others have to rest ... What do you think when you were asking why we needed another good striker? Will he be favored over Grabban ... Yes, someone will say "good players are not easy to take" ... but what the hell, that's why it pays some people to do this job !? Strategy !!! What strategy ?! Strategy we must have how to qualify to PL! The strategy depends on where we play next season - in PL for the first time in 100 years or for 100 times in CS! Two different strategies ...

I'm constantly interested, constantly reading about Nottingham Forest ... For 30 years... Watching all the games the last 3 years... Now I have no strength ... I can't read the match thread, I can't read the comments of the fans of the other team, I can't read the championship thread ...

Will I be alive to see Nottingham Forest again in PL?

I am very angry!!!

Everyone is pissed off Jordan but they also have to be professional. We are already counting the cost of pts dropped that should not have been. If we had perfect resources and perfect players we wouldnt be in the championship. We wouldnt even be in the PL we'd be man shitty.

All of this can and no doubt will be argued over extensively in the summer but for now lets stop the dragging bottom lip and self recriminations and focus on beating wba.

I think we can be sure to see our strongest 11 bar any injuries.

On another forum they are asking fans what they thought of Bongs debut,jeez hope he’s not reading these, feel for the guy...yes he was crap but so were half the team....saying that if he’s in the side Saturday, I’m gone

before clough we were just like this too. just back to normal.
Jock few teams where anything big before their respective Messiah...being a manager or some rich owner. What Chelsea were doing before Abramovich? What about City? I remember them in L1 not so long ago... Liverpool post Heysel ? Just an average premiership team winning the odd trophy etc etc .... so yes, before Clough, Forest were an average team, Clough moved us to the next level...a d it's there where want to return ...