Forest v Brentford match thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

Forest v Brentford match thread

I agree that we aren’t good attacking..... but why aren’t we?

Freeman
Ameobi
Lolley
Knockaert
Grabban
Taylor
Murray
Krovinovic

It shouldn’t be a team that can’t attack. It should be devastating if their records were anything to go by.

if we’d have had that lot 5 years ago when they were all at the peak of their game then I would agree, we now have an attack made up of disinterested pensioners...

Rotherham's fixture list is a treat. Some very winnable games, but their gap between games is;

2 weeks
3 days
5 days
3 days
4 days
4 days
3 days
3 days
4 days
3 days
4 days

There is the guts of two weeks before another ball is kicked - the next round of fixtures is on Good Friday.

There are some interesting fixtures to look out for:

We are away at Cardiff which will be tough.

Derby play Luton at home

Rotherham are away at Millwall

Coventry are away at QPR

Wednesday are away at Watford

Wycombe are at home to Blackburn

Huddersfield are at home to Brentford

Birmingham are at home to Swansea, and in addition, I am adding Preston to the mix; they have some very difficult fixtures and are on a run of three defeats in the last four games picking up 5 points from their last 8

They are at home to Norwich.

Easter Monday throws up a few crackers:

We have QPR at home

Derby away at Reading

Rotherham play Wycombe

Preston away at Swansea

Wednesday at home to Cardiff

Birmingham away at Brentford

Huddersfield away at Norwich

After the Easter week end Wycombe and Wednesday will be adrift and it will be one more from Birmingham, Rotherham, Derby, Huddersfield and Preston.

Not Forest, I know, but Man City have just scored and Goodison are playing Blue Moon. I’d be fucking fuming if Forest did that. Imagine hearing You’ll Never wa........ no, can’t.
When you walk through a storm.....sign on

The rent boys manager is becoming fully cockney & rabbitin utter Tom abarrrtt how they shouddaa won 4-1 the utter two of the struggle. Oi oi purrra birra black currant in my lager.

Much improved today, for me that was a pen. If only we could get garner for another season.
Decent point and we'll pick enough up to be safe.
Agreed you can't argue, it was a pen however it was one of those incidents that happens numerous times at any set piece and they very rarely get given even with VAR in the Prem, but as usual they pick on us to award one

The Brentford supporters comments should make fun reading for you all.

They switch from being patronising to down right offensive at just about the point where Krovinovic scored.

Supporters at most London Clubs are loathsome; at Brentford they are loathsome, entitled and a set of c * n t s.

I wish them well for the remainder of the season

like fuck

Agreed you can't argue, it was a pen however it was one of those incidents that happens numerous times at any set piece and they very rarely get given even with VAR in the Prem, but as usual they pick on us to award one

Bongs foul was so obvious you would not have needed VAR; The referee was correct with both penalty decisions

The Brentford supporters comments should make fun reading for you all.

They switch from being patronising to down right offensive at just about the point where Krovinovic scored.

Supporters at most London Clubs are loathsome; at Brentford they are loathsome, entitled and a set of c * n t s.

I wish them well for the remainder of the season

like fuck

Mostly their comments were balanced with the odd one who was a bit delusional. He must take stuff from Twitter and other knee jerk places.

Personally I would be happy for a penalty to be given EVERY time someone does what Bong did, but we need CONSISTENCY. Leicester won a Premier title helped by Morgan and Huth wrapping their arms round people at corners. Football has been ruined by things like that and the fact that skilful/fast players like Mighten almost never get past anyone because they get tripped up on the occasions when they do manage to get past people.

I was really surprised by Brentford. I guess all teams have off days, but they looked very average. Can't remember a team giving us as much room this season. Our players seem to be slow thinkers and poor passers, but Brentford stood off us and let us pass it around. We looked pretty reasonable over two thirds of the pitch, but we are still sadly lacking in the final third.

Guess they are near the top because they seem to continually find at least one player who can put the ball in the net each season.

Bongs foul was so obvious you would not have needed VAR; The referee was correct with both penalty decisions
And yet if Mighten had been Salah or Sterling, it would have been given on VAR and Sky would have been saying it was a penalty.

Yet the clear handling outside the area would probably not have been looked at?

I agree that we aren’t good attacking..... but why aren’t we?

Freeman
Ameobi
Lolley
Knockaert
Grabban
Taylor
Murray
Krovinovic

It shouldn’t be a team that can’t attack. It should be devastating if their records were anything to go by.
Because of CH Will with his tactic/game plan.

And yet if Mighten had been Salah or Sterling, it would have been given on VAR and Sky would have been saying it was a penalty.

Yet the clear handling outside the area would probably not have been looked at?

Yes the Keeper clearly handled the ball outside the area, and you did not need VAR to see that; just look at the Keepers feet when he caught the ball.

Had the Referee given the free kick I am not sure that he would have sent the Keeper of for the offence, like Hughton inferred.

Mighten got everything he deserved for that dive, and I cannot believe for one minute that VAR would have given it.

And I have no doubt that the good people on Sky would be calling it as a penalty; spending millions on interactive gadgets and experts and still not being able to call things correctly must make their outrageous pricing worth every penny.

Missed it altogether yesterday as I didn't want to jinx them.

Watched on ifollow match replay, one of those spooky no commentary jobs, and it looked like CH told them they were being too nice to opponents.

Cafu was playing on the edge, more nastiness than I'd seen before. Garner has that edge too. They might just be forming a killer midfield partnership, along with Krovinovic. Mighten had flashes of extra quality, and Bong can cross a ball.

While paz would prefer me to dwell on the negative, I won't. Defence looked stretched at times, but McKenna starts to look imperious and Figs has done well lately. If we can just score a few goals we'll look a totally different prospect.

Come back to me when weve stuck the ball in the net a few times and I might underdstand some of the positivity. I aint gonna take it from one game and one goal against a side that failed to turn up and our one decent player isnt ours. That IF we can score goals is the very bloody problem, dohh. As for the manager, the side almost picked itself,, except for Bong and Bong was shit and cost us points.