Forest - Reading match thread. | Page 14 | Vital Football

Forest - Reading match thread.

Your irrational hatred for Mariankis is really clouding your judgement.

Your claim is just too fucking stupid for words; recruitment falls under the remit of the Director of Football Development, who works closely with the manager.

There was a very detailed article on recruitment penned by both the Taylor's in the Athletic.

It transpires that public enemy number 1, Francois Modesto, has no more influence on first team signings other than compiling reports on potential targets.

Danny Taylor found it amusing that his enthusiastic approach resulted in the presentation of huge lists, on one occasion totalling 70 players.

In fact Modesto's work with Gary Brazil has been a major success, signing players like Konate, Fernandez, Saraiva, Larsson, Taylor, McDonell and Soh.

With the exception of Lamouchi, all of the managers have signed the players they wanted.

You could have quite easily found that out for yourself, that is assuming you did not already know; my guess is that you would rather be totally ignorant to the facts because they do not fit in with your jaundiced narrative.

I'm not the fucking idiot who claimed we only had 2 former PL players on our payroll. Do you even know who is in our fucking squad lol nor am I the fucking idiot who blames the players and continually makes excuses for the hierarchy like a good fucking shill.

Modesto is head scout, so if he has no influence over transfers what is the fucking point of him? If you believe managers have made all our signings then you're even more delusional than I thought.

I'm not the fucking idiot who claimed we only had 2 former PL players on our payroll. Do you even know who is in our fucking squad lol nor am I the fucking idiot who blames the players and continually makes excuses for the hierarchy like a good fucking shill.

Modesto is head scout, so if he has no influence over transfers what is the fucking point of him? If you believe managers have made all our signings then you're even more delusional than I thought.
I think we maybe have 5 transfers tops that were chosen by one of our managers out of the 70 we have broght in. Modesto and Vrenztos? They are responsible for wasting tens of millions and having to sell our favourite young players. Its just a fact

Typical, when you are wrong it's cloud the issue time and hope no one notices; and when they do notice, out come the insults, as Pope recently found out for daring to have an opposite view.

We have two former PL player on PL wages, Jenkinson and Arter; Colback took a big pay cut to come here - we do not pay anything like a full wage for loan players, no Club does.

Name me one player who Modesto has signed unilaterally?

Typical, when you are wrong it's cloud the issue time and hope no one notices; and when they do notice, out come the insults, as Pope recently found out for daring to have an opposite view.

We have two former PL player on PL wages, Jenkinson and Arter; Colback took a big pay cut to come here - we do not pay anything like a full wage for loan players, no Club does.

Name me one player who Modesto has signed unilaterally?

A) provide a link backing up your assertion on wages, I also never said they were on PL wages, I said they wouldn't be cheap. Not remotely the same thing.

B) I said I'd prefer our head scout wasn't also head scout at Olympiacos. Nowhere did I say he had unilaterally made any signings. I suggested he had influence, if he has none then what is the point of him? Again not remotely the same thing.

It isn't me clouding the issue, it's you being unable to read and comprehend whenever you percieve anything as an attack on the hierarchy at the club.

Looking at the accounts just published I cannot see us being one of the hardest hit; Marinakis is most definitely putting every single penny into the Club that he allowed to do.

What EM needs to do as a matter of urgency is to direct Vrentzos back to number crunching, something he appears to be very good at, and leave the football side of things to those most qualified, like Brazil and Hughton.

Judging by what has happened at Olympiakos, EM and Mendez are still working together; it may be at arms length but the relationship appears intact.

I would guess that Hughton will want to be dealing with a smaller squad; if we have something like a normal fixture list next season that should be workable.

Certain areas need urgent attention; full back and centre forward are the two areas we need fixing the most, and Centre forwards do not come cheap.

I can see us trying to move on the likes of Bachirou, Jenkinson, Arter and even Grabban; that would be in addition to letting Ribeiro and Sow leave

I would imagine there will be squad places for Johnson, Swann and Fornah, alongside Soh and Mighten.

That will leave us with a first team squad of around 16 with the five youngsters.

I think Freeman is on a temp to perm so we could well be signing him; I would also try and sign Krovinovic and probably Christie; not sure what kind of wage Knockheart would be after but I would imagine it would be too rich for our taste.

I cannot see there being a place for Garner at United next season so another loan might be possible.

That would leave a huge need for a decent left back and a forward; EM is going to have to find a fair bit of loose change down the back of the sofa to finance those two.

With regard to Derby; surely the fact that they have multiple loans out must mean they have massively over spent.

Whether or not they get punished for that will be down to if they have permission from the FL; you would think that would be the case but you just do not know with that mad bastard running them

Thanks for the info and value your opinion. Most of which I agree with.

A) provide a link backing up your assertion on wages, I also never said they were on PL wages, I said they wouldn't be cheap. Not remotely the same thing.

B) I said I'd prefer our head scout wasn't also head scout at Olympiacos. Nowhere did I say he had unilaterally made any signings. I suggested he had influence, if he has none then what is the point of him? Again not remotely the same thing.

It isn't me clouding the issue, it's you being unable to read and comprehend whenever you percieve anything as an attack on the hierarchy at the club.

Modesto’s role has been totally misrepresented since the day he put is foot through the door; it took an article from Danny Taylor to put the record straight, and still people do not believe what his actual role is.

Prior to him joining the Club, Warburton had his own recruitment manager in Frank McParland; Karanka was in sole charge, in fact he had far too much leeway and was allowed to sign too many players.

Karanka threw his toys out when Modesto joined, and eventually left; MON signed his own players with the exception of the Mendes inspired loan, who he ended up not playing.

There were a few exceptions; the likes of Bouchalakis, Ansfarid et al all signed on free’s with a view to selling on at a profit if the manager did not fancy them, and that is exactly what happened.

Changing managers in quick succession, three in two seasons meant the first team squad ballooned from 28 under Warburton to over 40 when MON left.

Even when Lamouchi joined as a coach, not manager, Modesto had no decision making powers with regard to incoming players; he compiled his reports for others to make the decisions.

The person who assumed responsibility for the signings has now been replaced by Gary Brazil, and that is who Modesto reports to; that took effect from last October.

By all accounts they get on very well, Brazil is delighted with his work, especially with the young players he has managed to attract to the club

Thanks for the info and value your opinion. Most of which I agree with.

Having looked at the figures further, I would say we are in a decent enough position despite the amount we spent on wages.

We have made losses of 25m and 16m over the last two recorded years; theoretically that leaves 8m to play with; however, the figures published are not the ones we are assessed on.

Out of the published accounts the cost of running the Academy needs to be stripped out; I would say that must run at 2m per year, and then there is the money already spent on the new stand, which runs at around 2m.

That pushes the permitted losses up to around 14/15m.

I think I read somewhere that the three year cycle has now been amended to a four year cycle until clubs are over the Covid period; if that is the case we are in an even better position, (it would also explain how Derby are borrowing money without the risk of being penalised).

There has also been an interesting development on the Companies House site; there are two documents pending: A resolution of allotment of securities, and a Resolution of removal of pre emption rights

The allotment of securities is nothing new, they are usually issued when the Club have converted debt to equity.

The removal of pre emption rights is new; this is a vehicle for issuing new equity without diluting other shareholders stock.

The removal suggests Marinakis is about to inject some funds into the Club and in doing so dilute the investment of Komanakis; that’s just a guess on my part, there could be another explanation.

The Marquis is suggesting wholesale player changes, but not a bunch of mercenaries, a mix of players who have played in EPL and Championship 5 loans 6-8 permanent

He reckons a few fans favourites will be gone

The Marquis is suggesting wholesale player changes, but not a bunch of mercenaries, a mix of players who have played in EPL and Championship 5 loans 6-8 permanent

He reckons a few fans favourites will be gone

Generally speaking, players who have already proven they're masterbate in the PL tend to be mercenaries.

Unless they're youngsters who've only played a handful of games.

Modesto’s role has been totally misrepresented since the day he put is foot through the door; it took an article from Danny Taylor to put the record straight, and still people do not believe what his actual role is.

Prior to him joining the Club, Warburton had his own recruitment manager in Frank McParland; Karanka was in sole charge, in fact he had far too much leeway and was allowed to sign too many players.

Karanka threw his toys out when Modesto joined, and eventually left; MON signed his own players with the exception of the Mendes inspired loan, who he ended up not playing.

There were a few exceptions; the likes of Bouchalakis, Ansfarid et al all signed on free’s with a view to selling on at a profit if the manager did not fancy them, and that is exactly what happened.

Changing managers in quick succession, three in two seasons meant the first team squad ballooned from 28 under Warburton to over 40 when MON left.

Even when Lamouchi joined as a coach, not manager, Modesto had no decision making powers with regard to incoming players; he compiled his reports for others to make the decisions.

The person who assumed responsibility for the signings has now been replaced by Gary Brazil, and that is who Modesto reports to; that took effect from last October.

By all accounts they get on very well, Brazil is delighted with his work, especially with the young players he has managed to attract to the club

Again I said influence and it's his description that he's head scout.

Embarrassing probably. Horribly dour football and we'll celebrate a point like it's a cup final.
That’s a very pessimistic view but probably very correct too. How many teams have entertained their way to either an extended stay or ‘full membership’...?