Forest - Reading match thread. | Page 13 | Vital Football

Forest - Reading match thread.

Since EM came in I would be surprised if many teams at all have a similar rate of churn to us.

Doesn’t help that a lot of our churn has focussed on bargain basement players and I shudder to think how much it has cost us and is costing us.

The teams you have mentioned - Brentford, Leeds, Sheff Utd and Norwich have all either been promoted or at least challenged for it whereas the best we have managed is last season’s collapse so we are obviously doing something very wrong if this method is a successful one...

I am not so sure about the bargain basement bit; there have been some mistakes but a good number of the deals involving players like Boucharakis and Soudani and some of those other fringe players have been financially beneficial.

The one thing those other Clubs have had that we have not is continuity of managers, and that is the key.

Churn is common place, particularly on the continent; good managers deal with it.

Poor owd Al is taking a bit of stick

bF_4UPgS_mini.jpg

Brad

@Brad81079028
· 2h
Replying to @reluctantnicko
Shut the fuck up, you little fat bald ****. Lonely little bald fucker.

I am not so sure about the bargain basement bit; there have been some mistakes but a good number of the deals involving players like Boucharakis and Soudani and some of those other fringe players have been financially beneficial.

The one thing those other Clubs have had that we have not is continuity of managers, and that is the key.

Churn is common place, particularly on the continent; good managers deal with it.
I would question whether many, if any, of the beneficial deals were by accident or design.

I am also not convinced that ‘manager churn’ is solely to blame either as it has been pretty obvious that a large number of the players coming in have not been sourced by the manager.

I am hoping that Hughton is going to be different and have far more of a say. If so then this could be the dawn of a new era but if not I am sure we will be having a similar conversation next year.

Yes, that was the figure in the last accounts.

I would expect a significant improvement on that in the next accounts - the squad number is down and there are no more players with lengthy contracts.

There are a few players around on good deals but the majority of the squad are not on huge wages.

The figure was so high due to paying players off to leave; that is a direct consequence of changing managers so frequently.

Hopefully they will have learnt from that but I would not bet on it.

At least EM is financing his own mistakes; they have cost him the guts of 184m so far.

Sure all our PL had hasbeens are on super low wages...

I would question whether many, if any, of the beneficial deals were by accident or design.

I am also not convinced that ‘manager churn’ is solely to blame either as it has been pretty obvious that a large number of the players coming in have not been sourced by the manager.

I am hoping that Hughton is going to be different and have far more of a say. If so then this could be the dawn of a new era but if not I am sure we will be having a similar conversation next year.

Manager churn plays a huge part; it took a while to wind down the position Karanka left us in, both in terms of numbers and wage bill.

Warburton, Karanka and MON sourced their own players; the arrival of Lamouchi coincided with Modesto and Anigo teaming up, thankfully that experiment has expired.

Personally I cannot see the problem with signing some of the fringe players like Soudani and Bouchalakis and that Iranian chap; we sign them for nothing, they either make it or are shipped on for a fee; it all counts towards P & S

We are in an excellent position now squad wise; they need to leave Hughton and Brazil to build next seasons squad as I alluded to earlier.

Manager churn plays a huge part; it took a while to wind down the position Karanka left us in, both in terms of numbers and wage bill.

Warburton, Karanka and MON sourced their own players; the arrival of Lamouchi coincided with Modesto and Anigo teaming up, thankfully that experiment has expired.

Personally I cannot see the problem with signing some of the fringe players like Soudani and Bouchalakis and that Iranian chap; we sign them for nothing, they either make it or are shipped on for a fee; it all counts towards P & S

We are in an excellent position now squad wise; they need to leave Hughton and Brazil to build next seasons squad as I alluded to earlier.
Sure as hell hope we are not going anywhere near buying Freeman next season. Agree we need fullback options, as Bong/Jenks have to go, and if Ribs and Ioannou are out the door, then we need 2 LB options

Four of them are loans and we are not paying their full wage, and there is no chance that Colback and Bong are on top dollar.

You have figures for how much we are paying all 6? None the less that's 8 players on our current payroll who we know can't cut it in the division above. How many of those 8 would you describe as success stories for our recruitment team?

Sure as hell hope we are not going anywhere near buying Freeman next season. Agree we need fullback options, as Bong/Jenks have to go, and if Ribs and Ioannou are out the door, then we need 2 LB options

Freeman is far better than what we have witnessed so far; he picked up an injury shortly after joining on loan which was misdiagnosed by his parent Club as a groin strain which turned out to be a hernia.

They are bad injuries to get over.

We need goal scoring midfield players and he usually gets his fair share.

Looks like Bowyer is likely the next Birmingham manager now he has resigned from his Charlton job.

Now we have the head of recruitment for Olympiacos fitting us in when he has time.

Your irrational hatred for Mariankis is really clouding your judgement.

Your claim is just too fucking stupid for words; recruitment falls under the remit of the Director of Football Development, who works closely with the manager.

There was a very detailed article on recruitment penned by both the Taylor's in the Athletic.

It transpires that public enemy number 1, Francois Modesto, has no more influence on first team signings other than compiling reports on potential targets.

Danny Taylor found it amusing that his enthusiastic approach resulted in the presentation of huge lists, on one occasion totalling 70 players.

In fact Modesto's work with Gary Brazil has been a major success, signing players like Konate, Fernandez, Saraiva, Larsson, Taylor, McDonell and Soh.

With the exception of Lamouchi, all of the managers have signed the players they wanted.

You could have quite easily found that out for yourself, that is assuming you did not already know; my guess is that you would rather be totally ignorant to the facts because they do not fit in with your jaundiced narrative.