Forest - Reading match thread. | Vital Football

Forest - Reading match thread.

in_the_top_one

Vital Football Legend
There's a game on today.
I'd love for someone to post the usual informed stuff below, or in a better thread.

For now, though...
Weather: likely to have a bit of all sorts - that's March for you.
Football: Likely to have a bit of all sorts - that's Forest for you.
[Ingy- insert a joke about Bassetts here, please.]

Reading have 20 points more than us and have won their last three. We have lost our last two. Points at an away victory but... it's Reading.

Our defence is pretty good. I hope we can be a bit more attacking today, not that the home advantage counts for much these days.

COYR.

[This thread is sponsored by a lucrative Netflix deal.]

Last edited:
We're 17th.

A win could elevate us to ..17th.
A defeat could potentially drop us down to 20th after this round of games, although Rotherham v Coventry is off due to covid. That means Cov will be still on 32 games played when most others will be on 36. If they won the three games they have in hand as of now, they would actually be above us, but I just can't see the squad dealing with that very well. They will probably go down.

Think my favourite reading memory is when we chanted **** at their leftback. He was trying not to get distracted but 'where's your caravan' broke him. Obviously none of us would consider such terrible behaviour these days...

We're 17th.

A win could elevate us to ..17th.
A defeat could potentially drop us down to 20th after this round of games, although Rotherham v Coventry is off due to covid. That means Cov will be still on 32 games played when most others will be on 36. If they won the three games they have in hand as of now, they would actually be above us, but I just can't see the squad dealing with that very well. They will probably go down.
it could the other way tho and those young squads are fresh and fit and tear it up a bit when the rest of us are flagging

Mentally I tend to under rate them, see them as lower status than us and expect us to win. Thats far from reality tho. Theres little reason for any of us to be positive about going out there and sticking the ball in the net a couple of times against anybody but we can't help that damned hope. Even part of me is clawing at 'law of freakin averages'

it could the other way tho and those young squads are fresh and fit and tear it up a bit when the rest of us are flagging
Maybe. And momentum could go their way, but they still have 40pc more work to do than us in the same period of time.

10 games vs 14.

Maybe. And momentum could go their way, but they still have 40pc more work to do than us in the same period of time.

10 games vs 14.
for sure, i cant see them making up that many points, even Cov have those points in the bag and would feel better about it. Its Rotherham or Blues im pretty sure but Rotherhams win versus sheff wed must have really boosted them

Reading are decent but not invincible. They have won 4 of the last six, including their last three. These were against Rotherham, Blackburn and Wednesday.

As you can see, they are a skilful side that will take advantage of individual mistakes; which could be a problem.
Screenshot_20210313-132144_Samsung Internet.jpg
They mostly play a 4-2-3-1 but last game hammered Wednesday 3-0 with a 4-3-3 so may repeat that.

Their most common lineup is this

Screenshot_20210313-132230_Samsung Internet.jpg

Stop João and you probably stop Reading, although Olise in ACM is their main playmaker. We will no doubt be selecting our DCM on the basis of who can best keep him under wraps.

Screenshot_20210313-132158_Samsung Internet.jpg

We'll probably lose this from an individual error or a piece of João skill.

Reading are decent but not invincible. They have won 4 of the last six, including their last three. These were against Rotherham, Blackburn and Wednesday.

As you can see, they are a skilful side that will take advantage of individual mistakes; which could be a problem.
View attachment 46773
They mostly play a 4-2-3-1 but last game hammered Wednesday 3-0 with a 4-3-3 so may repeat that.

View attachment 46777

Stop João and you probably stop Reading, although Olise in ACM is their main playmaker. We will no doubt be selecting our DCM on the basis of who can best keep him under wraps.

View attachment 46774

I remember thinking their young forwards impressed me in the first game, lots of movement, quick passing, pace and saying we should look to buy a few of them :/

View attachment 46773

View attachment 46777

View attachment 46774

There we go. Thanks, Pope.

Hope you don't mind me stealing a march as OP while you did your research but if I hadn't, ORF might have started a thread again and lord knows none of us want that. He rarely, if ever, mentions the weather. I'm sure this is the cause of our recent form.

There we go. Thanks, Pope.

Hope you don't mind me stealing a march as OP while you did your research but if I hadn't, ORF might have started a thread again and lord knows none of us want that. He rarely, if ever, mentions the weather. I'm sure this is the cause of our recent form.
I had no real intention of doing one and haven't made one for ages, so no worries.

I like how you have mirrored our shirts by making the thread sponsorless as well

Strap in and hope for the best.

Cant say that Ameobi's unique brand of effort is something I have missed. He can go ahead and adore a brace now