Forest players at AFCON | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forest players at AFCON

Surprised to see that Cape Verde beat Ghana, who are currently beating Egypt. Even more surprised to see that Ryan Mendes is still playing for them. Nuno da Costa doesn't seem to be there !

Cape Verde always punch above their weight as 80%+ of their squad are Portuguese trained.

Mendes scored for Cape Verde. Not really watching it, but whenever I look they're making it rain from distance as the Mozambique keeper is wank.

Looks like Mendes got MOTM.

Last edited:
Just watched some AFCON highlights and a fella from Guinea Bissau gave away a penalty and was awarded a yellow card for his foul. Probably should have been red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity but, importantly, it was yellow.

Anyway, after VAR, the penalty award was rightly overturned AND the yellow card was also rescinded.

So VAR interfered (correctly so) but also caused the ref to change the decision on a yellow card. Didn't think that was allowable within the law..? I thought when it happened that the fella would be relieved to have not given away the penalty but stuck with his yellow anyway. An absurd position, of course, but isn't this yellow card business essentially what happened to Boly?

Just watched some AFCON highlights and a fella from Guinea Bissau gave away a penalty and was awarded a yellow card for his foul. Probably should have been red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity but, importantly, it was yellow.

Anyway, after VAR, the penalty award was rightly overturned AND the yellow card was also rescinded.

So VAR interfered (correctly so) but also caused the ref to change the decision on a yellow card. Didn't think that was allowable within the law..? I thought when it happened that the fella would be relieved to have not given away the penalty but stuck with his yellow anyway. An absurd position, of course, but isn't this yellow card business essentially what happened to Boly?
Difference being one was in open play therefore var can’t intervene whilst the other is a pen so can.

Difference being one was in open play therefore var can’t intervene whilst the other is a pen so can.
I guessed that must have been the reason but, of course, play was stopped for the free kick as it was stopped for the penalty, and the common reporting is that "VAR doesn't do yellows".

I think Sangare wants to get back here asap.
He has just blasted one over from about 5 yards

Even if they lose they could still qualify in third. (Best two). They won’t know till Weds. will not be back for Friday.
Being back for the league games is the most important.
We either win on Friday or we don’t -nice to win but not important

4-0 now
I think it like the Euro’s where the 4 best 3rd placed teams go through
Won’t know until group stage is finished on Wednesday- I think

Don't know Pope chap, as there are a number of 3rd place teams that go through.
Didn't realise this- totally correct and we'll still be without these players.

4/6 third place teams go through. That means we need four different results to go our way to knock them out. No chance