Forest players at AFCON | Page 10 | Vital Football

Forest players at AFCON

Aina isn't half as good as people seem to believe. He is distinctly average when he's having a decent game.

I'm one of only a few who seem to rate Sangare but he's hardly played in any case.

Kouyate hasn't been missed. Boly probably has but rarely played with Murillo anyway
I’d say Aina is the best around FB we have on his day. Competent going forward and in defence and has strength.
I feel we are overall, really weak at both RB and LB. I’d persist with Williams as he has energy and versatility to play both positions and further forward.
Question is, do we sign Montiel and Aina? I’d be looking to sell one of Richards and Toffolo as we need a genuine LB starter which we haven’t had since Lodi

I also rate Sangare and we need him to play every game now, bed in, and for him to show he’s a player.
Still fuming Nuno isn’t playing him or the other AfCON players this weekend. Lose this and it’s 100% on him. There’s zero reason or rationale for them not to be in the squad or 11 IMO

I’d say Aina is the best around FB we have on his day. Competent going forward and in defence and has strength.
I feel we are overall, really weak at both RB and LB. I’d persist with Williams as he has energy and versatility to play both positions and further forward.
Question is, do we sign Montiel and Aina? I’d be looking to sell one of Richards and Toffolo as we need a genuine LB starter which we haven’t had since Lodi

I also rate Sangare and we need him to play every game now, bed in, and for him to show he’s a player.
Still fuming Nuno isn’t playing him or the other AfCON players this weekend. Lose this and it’s 100% on him. There’s zero reason or rationale for them not to be in the squad or 11 IMO
The Ivory Coast players have played 7 games in less than a Month, with a significant amount of travelling thrown in.

I would have thought they will need this week and next to get over that.

Rush players back when they are fatigued and you end up with injuries, making in counter productive

I would hope that Nuno has spent all week training in a team system v West Ham, including their strengths and weaknesses. According to the NP the AFCON players have only just returned. Presumably long travel, and possibly other things on their mind. I would probably sit them on the bench, but hopefully our team have been well drilled in what to do over the week.

The Ivory Coast players have played 7 games in less than a Month, with a significant amount of travelling thrown in.

I would have thought they will need this week and next to get over that.

Rush players back when they are fatigued and you end up with injuries, making in counter productive
Boly didn't play and Sangare played 10 minutes. They also did not play 7 games each, but some games and part of some games. There is no significant travel within Ivory Coast.

This is a dreadful decision by the players or the club. I would concede that Aina has a case for rest or on the bench. Boly and Sangare should be starting no questions asked

Not sure any of the three would get in to team today unless Felipe is rested but he has had a week between games so feel next Weds maybe Boly turn.

As has been said Aina has been the best of the bunch and he genuinely looks injured and needs a rest. Played all games.

Forest full back positions are settling down. Williams has looked good and Tavares has been improving with every game. It is interesting how Nuno has set them up. CHO often remains very wide only coming in to shoot. Tavares makes runs down the inside left channel. Elanga often plays on the inside right channel and Williams goes wide right.

Fancy at Villa both Elanga and CHO will play narrower than last week and MGW will drop deeper. When Villa played Forest earlier this season we left Villa have both wings. They crossed the ball numerous times but our CB’s won everything in the air. We concentrated on not letting Villa in down either channel thus fullbacks playing narrow. Be interesting to see if Nuno does same.