Football, the equal opportunity sport | Page 8 | Vital Football

Football, the equal opportunity sport

We all have to be cognizant of the fact that it is very difficult to have a decent discourse to explore ideas online. The problem is that comments are so public that someone who is hypersensitive will see what is written and react even if it is meant as the discussion of an idea.

Most sites don't want the liability that goes with allowing this kind of discussion.

You need to be around people you know aren't going to take it personally that don't agree with your views and are willing to actually talk about it and challenge their own ideas as well as yours. Very hard to find these days. And the media (and social media) has individuals that are hunting for people they can attack.

It is very frustrating as the internet was meant for the exchange of ideas not the suppression.
80 you are so right there.

Luckily for me with all my Vet oppo's we have chat debates of all manner of things, agreeing, disagreeing never heated, even laughing...did you really say that? or piss off where did that come from? etc, never any animosity we all have our own views/opinions.

Ok once or twice somebody overhearing us has stuck their big shonk in and collectively our response...piss off if you do not like our chat.

We have even had peops say can we join you, you seem to have opinions on everything which is freedom of speech.

We are made up of 4 sexes lol!

Think 80 its a Vets thing lol!

80 you are so right there.

Luckily for me with all my Vet oppo's we have chat debates of all manner of things, agreeing, disagreeing never heated, even laughing...did you really say that? or piss off where did that come from? etc, never any animosity we all have our own views/opinions.

Ok once or twice somebody overhearing us has stuck their big shonk in and collectively our response...piss off if you do not like our chat.

We have even had peops say can we join you, you seem to have opinions on everything which is freedom of speech.

We are made up of 4 sexes lol!

Think 80 its a Vets thing lol!

No I have a great group of friends with extremely varied opinions and the debate is lively and enjoyable. And we all believe none of us are absolutely right about anything.

All WSL games that aren't being shown live on BBC or Sky can be watched on the FA Player App on phone or computer. If you have Chromecast on your devices and TV you can cast the stream onto the TV.

https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/womens-super-league
Should have added, it's all free, you just have to create an account and login to watch. They do also stream some womens championship and league/FA cup games.

I have reviewed any potentially insensitive comments I have made and my own take on it will of course differ from some.

The shower comment was un called for.....but its true. I would be uncomfortable.

Other comments may have been taken in the wrong way and people have different outlooks to me. I will say though that the finger pointing and accusations about my character were unfair and over the top in my opinion. Those accusations unfortunately tainted the debate which was a genuine attempt on my part to delve into a sensitive subject and test the water. I have tested it and deduced what I already suspected. Its too sensitive to discuss.

Last edited:
I have reviewed any potentially insensitive comments I have made and my own take on it will of course differ from some.

The shower comment was un called for.....but its true. I would be uncomfortable.

Other comments may have been taken in the wrong way and people have different outlooks to me. I will say though that the finger pointing and accusations about my character were unfair and over the top in my opinion. Those accusations unfortunately tainted the debate which was a genuine attempt on my part to delve into a sensitive subject and test the water. I have tested it and deduced what I already suspected. Its top sensitive to discuss.
Well said Nick!

It's not too sensitive to be discussed, you just need to have an open mind to being accepting that you can be in the wrong about something or to be not fully understanding a topic. If you don't enter a conversation with that mind set then you are discussing in bad faith. Humans are always learning, embrace it. Being wrong is good for growth.

I don't object to Women's football on the website, it's the % representation . I don't object to Gay sport, I just choose not to watch it. I don't have time to start with.

I am happy for a section on the website, that's what I would prefer instead of it all mixed up.
What the fuck is “ Gay Sport “
Please enlighten me .
In the words of Bernard Cribbens , “ don’t dig it there , dig it elsewhere “

It's not too sensitive to be discussed, you just need to have an open mind to being accepting that you can be in the wrong about something or to be not fully understanding a topic. If you don't enter a conversation with that mind set then you are discussing in bad faith. Humans are always learning, embrace it. Being wrong is good for growth.

I didn't really learn much. I already alluded to what I did learn.
Nobody answered my key questions, I just got insulted mostly.
I'm not perpetuating this anymore.

What the fuck is “ Gay Sport “
Please enlighten me .
In the words of Bernard Cribbens , “ don’t dig it there , dig it elsewhere “

Jeez, I already said. Gay sport is one where a larger proportion % ratio of Gay people makes up the team.

It is generally accepted that football and rugby ladies teams tend to have proportionally high Lesbian members.

That's my last comment on this.

Jeez, I already said. Gay sport is one where a larger proportion % ratio of Gay people makes up the team.

It is generally accepted that football and rugby ladies teams tend to have proportionally high Lesbian members.

That's my last comment on this.
That is not Gay Sport ! It’s just sport .
How come you don’t understand that .

I already answered questions repeatedly and it was going round in circles. Comments like what the fuck and how come you don't you understand are not really conducive to a debate. Its becoming personal, let's drop it please.

Hmmm.
But the conversation was repetitive because you were declining the oppertunities provided by other posters to learn and improve.

That's not true. All my opinions had been laid out and clarified already through the thread. Any further info can be researched if anyone genuinely wants to.