(FOOTBALL TALK!!) AFC Wimbledon v Pompey - MATCH DAY LIVE... | Page 7 | Vital Football

(FOOTBALL TALK!!) AFC Wimbledon v Pompey - MATCH DAY LIVE...

Just scanned through, not working just had to go out.

Its been no secret that I do not think Whittingham is up to it, have tried to back him but if THIS is the sort of response we get to what was supposed to be such a great and rousing midweek speech following the 3-0 defeat at Newport were buggered surely!

Like you said in the Whittingham thread Chix, if he is a man of honour etc. wont he walk without needing to be pushed?

Dont get me wrong I love Whittingham and appreciated what he has done but he just isnt the answer is he...

As for who is, I am sure we can fine someone that is tbh!

As I said earlier, that's what I think too Ruggers. I wonder if he knows he's not cut out for this.
Warlock said the other week on Sky he'd manager Pompey for free for the fans, yeah?? Well jump on board then!......slightly tongue in cheek but I best a penny to a pinch of doo dah he'd get more out of this bunch than Guy

The only thing that has changed recently is the fans. They are not falling out as we have the past but together as one!! Well done to all and that is in no way sarcasm.

It is clear now that the only way forward is for Guy to walk with all our thanks for trying in such difficult circumstances. He always said he did not want the job and it is his tactical Naivety that has let him down as well as HIS players.

He is Pompey through and through but we need more than that. All of the successful managers at this club were from far and wide but none of them ex players. Poor Jimmy Dickinson proves that point and it cost him his life.

I take Penton's point with interest. Each division requires the right players to blend and achieve. Redknapp knew that for the championship and it seems that no awareness of the style in this division has been planned. I think Guy has favoured players skills of the wrong sort. Seems some noel Blake types are needed even if they are not capable of progressing up the divisions themselves. New brush and approach required. No more Mr.'Nice Guy' methinks.

Please not Warnock. I cannot stand him. I don't care if he's a good manager. He's a bully and would be an embarrassment to the club.
Listening to GWs interview. He sounds devastated and understandably down. Nothing about resigning though.

Some really good comments coming through guys, shall we move into the Guy Whittingham thread?

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16922

He sounds absolutely down! That's the most deflated I've ever heard him.
Hardly surprising I know but where's the fight? He's just admitted our confidence is shot to bit in his words!
Big Pat was just unfit (thigh) bird was knocked out.
As the interviewer just said he can't believe how often Guy was completely lost for words and struggled to answer a question

Just giving you the gist of the interview

He sounds absolutely down! That's the most deflated I've ever heard him.
Hardly surprising I know but where's the fight? He's just admitted our confidence is shot to bit in his words!
Big Pat was just unfit (thigh) bird was knocked out.
As the interviewer just said he can't believe how often Guy was completely lost for words and struggled to answer a question

Just giving you the gist of the interview

Would make sense Rug.

We're all blaming and talking about Guy. The players haven't helped at all. I can't believe how disappointing they were on Tuesday and reportedly today. There's just nothing. We need leader, we need a talisman. Someone has to step up

dedmans - 16/11/2013 17:35

I take Penton's point with interest. Each division requires the right players to blend and achieve. Redknapp knew that for the championship and it seems that no awareness of the style in this division has been planned. I think Guy has favoured players skills of the wrong sort. Seems some noel Blake types are needed even if they are not capable of progressing up the divisions themselves. New brush and approach required. No more Mr.'Nice Guy' methinks.

Quite so Dedders

PompeyJake - 16/11/2013 17:41

Would make sense Rug.

We're all blaming and talking about Guy. The players haven't helped at all. I can't believe how disappointing they were on Tuesday and reportedly today. There's just nothing. We need leader, we need a talisman. Someone has to step up

Chix said the same earlier. I'm not blaming Guy solely, this is a joint effort and the players need to take a bloody good hard look at themselves! Even against Exeter at three nil up as soon as they went long and bullied us we caved in! We lack leaders and backbone.

Ertl sounded like a trip to A certain cliff in East Sussex is on the cards! This is depressing!!

What is the absolute bottom Pompey can realistically stoop to? At the moment we are level with a sausage dog, only the skirting remains before the non league abyss opens up like an all consuming black

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?538588">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Front page match report from <b>paultsmouth</b> on the link above or simply read it below...

<i>What is the absolute bottom Pompey can realistically stoop to? At the moment we are level with a sausage dog, only the skirting remains before the non league abyss opens up like an all consuming black hole.

The two cup defeats were bad enough, losing 2-1 was not great, although we fought with just ten men, losing easily to Newport county was worse, barely having a sniff in losing 3-0, but 4-0 to Wimbledon has surely got to be the lowest point of another low season, between 2002 and 2008 we were treated to football and success most of us never dreamed of, how we are paying for that now!

Since our draw with AC Milan only 5 years ago it has been a steady decline, actually steady is not the right word, dramatic more suiting. 3 relegations and two administrations have tested the hardiest of hardy fans, after the takeover earlier this year, we knew better days were ahead off the field, on the field though it's more of the same, false dawns and going down to sloppy goals and passionless displays.

I feel for Guy Whittingham now I really do, fans are forgiving but a minority is becoming a majority in their lack of patience with the current Pompey squad, Johnny Ertl is becoming a scapegoat for a team below par, harsh on our player of the year, but you know every mistake will shine like a beacon, any good work slip under the radar.

So, to Wimbledon, to sum it up, we gave away a spot kick in the first half hour, Carson was the culprit, but he redeemed himself with a great save and follow up.

N'Gala then gave away a needless corner that was of course converted by Frampton, Wimbledon netted again only for the ref to blow for a foul.

Hopefully harsh words were said at half time, what effect they had did not matter, a poor first half was to decompose into a worse second, Pompey being asleep straight away, we got away with another goalmouth scramble, East finally smuggling the ball away.

The respite was only temporary, Barcham saw his shot hit a pits and trickle to safety and then it was all over, Frampton who scored once in a blue moon couldn't believe his luck, nodding home from close range from another set piece, Pompey again chasing shadows in blue shirts.

Moore then added a goal of quality as Pompey faded away, blasting in from 25 yards, then Smith added a fourth, how many of the 802 away fans still remained is open to question, as the amount sat at Fratton watching the game the same answer.

Pompey are at a pivotal point once more, this time with the fans, loyalty CAN be tested, gallows humour has been in the stands a long time now, but at the end of the day someone gets hung.

<b>Star Player</b>
Barcham I suppose for supplying the little attacking threat we had.</i>

I'm taking not a little barracking from my AFC mate for this one. Couldn't listen to this one, and for that I'm eternally grateful. There has to be changes, in tactics, approach and mental attitude. It's no good thinking we're the biggest club in the division and expecting deference ( I mean the players here) we are going to have to scrap with the best of them. I don't think we'll have the same management team by the time we play them at home.

Do you know something? I still have a quiet giggle to myself seeing you in league 2 getting thumped by really shit teams. It was also marvelous scenes seeing you get knocked out of the cup in round one by bloody Stevenage Boro HAHAHA. Can't have you boosting the club coffers can we?

On the other hand look at us? Smashing teams like Blackburn in front of 28,000 fans. Great isn't it?

Headline from BBC Sport: "Brighton clinched their first home win since mid-September with victory over Blackburn. "

Oh yeah, tearing up the league! :78: