(FOOTBALL TALK!!) AFC Wimbledon v Pompey - MATCH DAY LIVE... | Page 6 | Vital Football

(FOOTBALL TALK!!) AFC Wimbledon v Pompey - MATCH DAY LIVE...

That was painful listening. Feel sorry for all those who travelled, those who paid to watch it at Fratton and those who had to listen too it.
Might be time for Guy to walk. If he loved the club, he'd do it.

That's pretty much what I said just a couple of texts ago. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he walked this weekend

penton - 16/11/2013 16:59

I think he'll walk Dave! He knows we can't compensate him and his pride won't let this go on much longer

I certainly think he will walk rather than be sacked ... but will the board let him .. and I don't think he'll see that everything has been exhausted yet ... it it only one league defeat .. and we are not in the bottom three :6: :6: :6: :6: :6:

Blow your whistle is gonna be fun.. Rug just text me from work and he thinks he'll walk tonight ..

Think is .. if he does .. what options have we got .. We haven't got money to blow on Managers wages ...

Its not the losses that really grate with me. Its the manner in which it happens. How we just lose all passion, fight and heart. Thats all I demand from a team. For me, that is a failure on Guys part.

We talked a few weeks back about papering over the cracks. Well those cracks are now fully exposed and widening.

dedmans - 16/11/2013 17:04

You guy's who have watched them, are they good enough or, not organised correctly?

A good questioned dedmans I would say we are poorly organised at the back .... play players out of position .. have proven home-grown kids out on loan (Butler, Harris & Webster) We have a great midfield but we can't play two wingers who can't cross and can't get past five men midfield and four decent forwards who don't get any service

Guy is partially to blame .. but if the player don't play then what is he to do ...

Awkward one to answer Dedders, I've seen us this season look quite superb for this level also I've seen us look shocking. The tactics are more often than not absent, Guy favours certain players that everyone else seems to think stink. I think we're too small a team for this level, teams down here are huge, we're too lightweight. Right now our heart has gone and frankly I don't see where it's going to come back from.
I said this morning I thought we'd get turned over and to be fair I didn't get that too far wrong!

PompeyJake - 16/11/2013 17:05

Its not the losses that really grate with me. Its the manner in which it happens. How we just lose all passion, fight and heart. Thats all I demand from a team. For me, that is a failure on Guys part.

We talked a few weeks back about papering over the cracks. Well those cracks are now fully exposed and widening.

A point well made Jake ..

penton - 16/11/2013 11:13

Not going to be around today I don't think. My mojo's slipped a bit, have found other things to do today. Hope I'm wrong but my faith has all but disappeared this week, hope I'm wrong but don't see us getting a thing from today and that really will be a sad outcome...

Right going out to cheer myself up

Wish I'd gone to the bookies! :21:

So guys .. what has to happen .. change the players or give guy hte boot ... Where does the fault lay ...

Those of you not listening to express .. they have said that everybody left at the end and nobody wanted to be interviewed.

I recall a relative who had a son in the academy moving off due he said to a large degree of favouritism for certain people. I know that that is irrelevant but it could be that a knowledgeable outsider could come in with a clear vision of who is right and what is needed.

Solent can't get an interview either! They're even interviewing Knighter from Fratton Park due to lack of personnel around

No interviews mean one thing. Its broken. The whole team spirit is gone. If he can't face the media, how can he face the fans. He's walking tonight

PompeyJake - 16/11/2013 17:19

No interviews mean one thing. Its broken. The whole team spirit is gone. If he can't face the media, how can he face the fans. He's walking tonight

Sorry Jake I mean those who watched at Fratton..

But still no interviews from anybody anyhow ..

dedmans - 16/11/2013 17:18

I recall a relative who had a son in the academy moving off due he said to a large degree of favouritism for certain people. I know that that is irrelevant but it could be that a knowledgeable outsider could come in with a clear vision of who is right and what is needed.

Dedders .. when two of those not favoured are home grown defenders then it is completely relevant