(FOOTBALL TALK!!) AFC Wimbledon v Pompey - MATCH DAY LIVE... | Page 8 | Vital Football

(FOOTBALL TALK!!) AFC Wimbledon v Pompey - MATCH DAY LIVE...

Despite being beaten like shite team like Wimbledon we are still getting 15,000 or thereabouts regularly as a league two side, not bad at all and not sure you guys would be able to say the same in the same position...

Alas best ignoring people like Steve I guess!

People like him seem to have VERY short memories and forget the struggles that Brighton have had in the past and I dare say will again once it is decided that no more money is available and that what has been put in is wanted back...

Lemmi - 16/11/2013 23:13

I'm taking not a little barracking from my AFC mate for this one. Couldn't listen to this one, and for that I'm eternally grateful. There has to be changes, in tactics, approach and mental attitude. It's no good thinking we're the biggest club in the division and expecting deference ( I mean the players here) we are going to have to scrap with the best of them. I don't think we'll have the same management team by the time we play them at home.

Very true Lemmi, and you were best off not listening!

I missed the first 10-mins or so and the final 15-minutes, that inbetween wasnt great at all...

Might not be the case but I still think we 'could' still see something happen with the management set-up this week before the next game, if not then unless dramatic improvement is seen with how we play and we get a win we will almost certainly see one after Scunny.

Things cannot go on like this and if they do IF we have not seen change by the time the Wombles womble into Fratton to say you would have gisgruntled punters would be an understatement. Yep, I know the turnouts we are getting are great but lets be honest the 15,000 or so we are getting would be massively reduced next season as people will not renew ST for this...

I don't quite know what to say about this result, accept I'm pretty miffed. I'll leave it at that... it says enough!

What I will say though, is that it ties in with Penton's thread nicely. We bought into the hype after the fans buyout. We were going to rip this league apart because we had a huge fan base and a superior squad.

We still have the huge fan base compared to others in League 2, but I'm afraid our team is no better than the majority that make up this league. Grunt and graft is what's needed down in the bargain-basement, along with big hearts and a love for the club.

As much as I hate to admit it, slick one touch football is for those a little higher up the scale. Down where we are we need ankle tappers and hoofers... and head butters if they can get away with it... PUP :17:

stevebha - 17/11/2013 00:15

Do you know something? I still have a quiet giggle to myself seeing you in league 2 getting thumped by really shit teams. It was also marvelous scenes seeing you get knocked out of the cup in round one by bloody Stevenage Boro HAHAHA. Can't have you boosting the club coffers can we?

On the other hand look at us? Smashing teams like Blackburn in front of 28,000 fans. Great isn't it?

.. every dog has it's day .. How's the debt on your stadium..

cornypomp - 17/11/2013 10:30

I don't quite know what to say about this result, accept I'm pretty miffed. I'll leave it at that... it says enough!

What I will say though, is that it ties in with Penton's thread nicely. We bought into the hype after the fans buyout. We were going to rip this league apart because we had a huge fan base and a superior squad.

We still have the huge fan base compared to others in League 2, but I'm afraid our team is no better than the majority that make up this league. Grunt and graft is what's needed down in the bargain-basement, along with big hearts and a love for the club.

As much as I hate to admit it, slick one touch football is for those a little higher up the scale. Down where we are we need ankle tappers and hoofers... and head butters if they can get away with it... PUP :17:

Hi Corns... Gotta say that even I am having a problem defending Guy .. but in fairness nobody from the club said we were gonna rip up League two .. In fact if I recall the board and the mgmt said they weanted stability ... But the rest I have to agree with ..

I for one have never bought into the 'ripping the league up' mindset - consolidation and stability was my outlook for this season, but I did expect us to put up a fight and show some bollox at the very least.

Since the York debacle results have papered over the cracks. Teams that try to play football we are more than a match for on our day but most of this league is about lumping the ball up and outrunning our defence. As a small side (on the whole) we are outmuscled by teams who clearly want it more.
We are in League Two and we should be prepared for the style of play that League Two entails.

A couple of the lads and I are over for the Scunny game and I expect a reaction. Unfortunately that is not the first time I have said that this season so I won't hold my breath.

All in all I would have to say that the vast majority, if not all, of the posters on this site were not in the 'ripping this league up' thoughts either are they?

Definitely results had papered over the cracks without a doubt...

Its such a tough one, I have not done any away games apart from Plymouth (as that was a home one) but have in the main enjoyed the Fratton games and that is what I have wanted from this season.

However, and there is a however, since the Chesterfield game (couldnt make the Rochdale one) I have come away from most of these games not feeling it and have very much been of the 'papering over the cracks' thoughts without a doubt.

Bury was awful, the Exeter game wasnt too bad but they are another side that likes to play football. We outplayed them in difficult conditions, but once they exposed our weakness they very nearly found a way back. The excitment of the final 20-minutes, the fact we won and because it was against the side that is closest to my home these days again probably (if I am honest and think back) papered over the cracks.

Like you tempest think its imperative we get a reaction this weekend, if not then something will have to change no two ways about it surely...