Football Media | Page 31 | Vital Football

Football Media

It doesn’t surprise me that he is surprised largely because his limited ability as a pundit is summed up by this comment:-

When you lose David Silva, the influence he had, and Leroy Sane, one of your best wingers”

With the typical focus of an ex-JoMU he cannot see past the idea that a team relies on a STAR player which has always, to me, been the model for the rags in more modern times (post Busby).

A hack trying to get on the right side of history. He and many of his colleagues have constantly under estimated Pep ever since their sneering at his use of “inverted fullbacks” in 2016 or wanting to have a goal keeper that was “good with the ball at his feet”. You could just feel the condescension dripping off their keyboards.

He has always evolved his style, continues to baffle and confound them and he building something special. Keep it up Pep 👍🏻

“If we dream that the striker is going to solve our problems,”.......​

Err no thanks Martin, but we would get a decent penalty taker. Too expensive, too old, and too injury prone for me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...UEL-time-Manchester-City-Harry-Kane-team.html

i normally rate Martin’s contribution, after all he was the only journo who saw through FFP and the sham of the UEFA investigations, but I am not sure I agree with him here. He is not wrong about us needed a better penalty taker for sure but he ignores the fact that Levy would screw us rotten (not least because his financial master plan is in tatters) but as jk says Kane has been injury prone himself. I am sure Pep could mould him as he has other players......if, at 28, he would be willing to learn.

As for Maureen - he is a dinosaur and simply keeps re-creating the same type of team everywhere he goes. Spurs are regressing as Maureen enters his second-third season phase.......he was praising his players Saturday but the cracks are there. Pretty soon he will start calling out someone and the cycle is discontent in the dressing room will begin.

Martin Samuel nearly always produces thought provoking pieces, but, ultimately I agree with JK and Skoorb.

One thing that MS didn't conclude, but I have commented on here before about United, is that the Europa League, if you win it, is also a passport to the Champions League pot one seeding.....

That is a very good point. Always UEFA’s second competition was an end in itself.....but it has been altered to become a back door gateway for those old guard who fall short.

I don't think we could afford him even if we wanted him, but I am not sure he meets the City profile needed for a Pep squad, maybe Haaland is a blind.
I don't think we could afford him even if we wanted him, but I am not sure he meets the City profile needed for a Pep squad, maybe Haaland is a blind.
I don't want to hear that lisp constantly, so nah.

The Athletic reporting that the BMG coach, Marco Rose has been appointed the Borussia Dortmund coach from this coming summer.

Their Bundesliga correspondent, Raphael Honigstein, first wrote about this then possibility last December.

Emirates sponsor Arsenal and they are the national Airline of Dubai......

Princess Latifa: 'Hostage' ordeal of Dubai ruler's daughter revealed https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56075528

I await with interest the shouted outrage of football journalists in the UK and demands for action by Arsenal FC given the potential human rights abuse.....

But I won’t hold my breath.
Nothing will happen.

Emirates sponsor Arsenal and they are the national Airline of Dubai......

Princess Latifa: 'Hostage' ordeal of Dubai ruler's daughter revealed https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56075528

I await with interest the shouted outrage of football journalists in the UK and demands for action by Arsenal FC given the potential human rights abuse.....

But I won’t hold my breath.

Or demands for action from the FA who's showpiece competition is sponsored by them.

They're more likely to use it against City because of the UAE connection.