Football Media 23/24 | Page 16 | Vital Football

Football Media 23/24

Unless they had managed it….in which case it would be an achievement of unparalleled footballing brilliance. In their own tiny minds.
We could hold our hands up and say Whoa, we did it first in our season of League, FA Cup, League Cup, we also won the Community Sheild (now a major Trophy if you play in red)

Given MotD’s penchant for preferring Thunder Bastard goals over carefully crafted, multi-player moves resulting in a goal scored from 6 yards if both of KDB’s strikes against Palace aren’t included in their April Goal of the Month selection there will be more than a whiff of bias.

You just know they will include both rag goals from the match against the Dips - Penandes long range effort and Mainoo’s “Greatest Goal Ever Scored in the Premier League”………so we will wait to see.

Given MotD’s penchant for preferring Thunder Bastard goals over carefully crafted, multi-player moves resulting in a goal scored from 6 yards if both of KDB’s strikes against Palace aren’t included in their April Goal of the Month selection there will be more than a whiff of bias.

You just know they will include both rag goals from the match against the Dips - Penandes long range effort and Mainoo’s “Greatest Goal Ever Scored in the Premier League”………so we will wait to see.
They wont pick Kev's first, they will say that the Goalie should have done better, even though it was top bin and no keeper would have saved that even Schmeichel

If it hasn’t already happened we will now start seeing a flurry of “It’s City’s title to lose” from the usual media sources.

We NEVER heard this whenever the Arse or Liverpool™️failed were leading the pack. Nope. Not once was there any kind of pressure applied to their challenge.

If it hasn’t already happened we will now start seeing a flurry of “It’s City’s title to lose” from the usual media sources.

We NEVER heard this whenever the Arse or Liverpool™️failed were leading the pack. Nope. Not once was there any kind of pressure applied to their challenge.
Although I must admit sheer glee and euphoria at watching multiple clips re the Dippers and Arse losing I still think any of the three sides can win it. However, would much rather be in the City camp than them at this point in time. I will continue to gloat until we maybe fall of top perch.

No all we heard was that it was between Arse and the Dips and although they did admit that City were there, the Title was not in City's hands, but they will bung it now with 'pressure is on City' after this weekend as City do not have a league game.

No all we heard was that it was between Arse and the Dips and although they did admit that City were there, the Title was not in City's hands, but they will bung it now with 'pressure is on City' after this weekend as City do not have a league game.
The other thing that has been missing was any kind of comment earlier in the season about whether Arsenal or the Dips could complete any kind of treble etc. You are right - with City being in the FA Cup this weekend the ‘pressure is all on City” and “It’s City’s title to lose” will increase in frequency.

The start of BBC’s MotD commentary on the Arsenal game noted that they had taken “a remarkable 31 points from the 33 available but still have no margin for error”. Whilst noting this as an excellent run of form Steve Bower conspicuously avoided mentioning why……because their rivals are also notching up points.

Kovacic’s and Doku’s goals yesterday ought to n=be added to the BBC MotD Goal of the Month for April. I make it about 4 in my list now that ought to be included. Possibly 5 with Gvardiol’s…….

But I know we’ll be lucky to get one in the list.