Football Media 23/24 | Page 14 | Vital Football

Football Media 23/24

FFS.

Just tuned into Sky Sports news - they are at Candlefield before the PL fixture tonight but at the bottom of the page is nothing - NOTHING - but a permanent ticker tape of pronouncements from Jim FeckingRatcliffe. Geez are they going to report everything the guy now says? Every utterance?

“Sir Jim Ratcliffe says they will be upgrading the toilet paper at the stadium.”

“Sir Jim Radcliffe says the temperature in the showers may be adjusted”

“Sir We Love Him Jim Ratcliffe says that Bruno Fernandes is going to trim his beard”

FFS :sick:

FFS.

Just tuned into Sky Sports news - they are at Candlefield before the PL fixture tonight but at the bottom of the page is nothing - NOTHING - but a permanent ticker tape of pronouncements from Jim FeckingRatcliffe. Geez are they going to report everything the guy now says? Every utterance?

“Sir Jim Ratcliffe says they will be upgrading the toilet paper at the stadium.”

“Sir Jim Radcliffe says the temperature in the showers may be adjusted”

“Sir We Love Him Jim Ratcliffe says that Bruno Fernandes is going to trim his beard”

FFS :sick:
I think it’s because he’s now officially taken over and he’s laying out his plans in minute detail.
It’s waaaay over the top from the media though.

Sign him up. He could do a job as a super sub coming on for the final20 minutes in a game :thumbup:
Yes, in his prime he was devastating, apart from the obvious his goal against the Dips when he was way over on the right and the angle well just wow, and then you remember some of the goals against JoMU (not in my lifetime HAA!)

Yes, in his prime he was devastating, apart from the obvious his goal against the Dips when he was way over on the right and the angle well just wow, and then you remember some of the goals against JoMU (not in my lifetime HAA!)
Sadly Kun's time with us is over, but I would love to see him pull on the boots again at any level. Top player and never any trouble at all.

I wouldn’t normally listen to Simon Jordan but you’re right jk - lots of interesting points made and nice to listen to a rational discussion.

On Grealish.

“Playing the game in his head before the ball gets to him”….love this phrase. It sums up another player perfectly - two in fact. Rodri and KDB.

There aren’t too many of them and Grealish is not at their level in that regard. He can clearly do a job that Pep wants in games - he is less selfish than Mahrez was on the right when he arrived, but I would just occasionally like him to get the ball and immediately attack his full back. Not all the time…..but just once because right now he’s a full back’s dream - receives the ball and 999/1000 you know he will go back inside. Job done.

On the 115 charges and the PL.

I was surprised at Jordans responses. Very rational AND he gets the facts AND he doesn’t come out with the same Pavlovian response to the issue.

Whereas this contrasts with Souness whose cannot prevent his bias bubbling up through his questions and understanding - he didn’t even know how many charges there were AND has fallen for the standard response “If there’s 150 (sic) charges they’ll be found guilty of one of them”. Job done by the Pl in Souness’s case and the minds of most fans of other clubs.

I wouldn’t normally listen to Simon Jordan but you’re right jk - lots of interesting points made and nice to listen to a rational discussion.

On Grealish.

“Playing the game in his head before the ball gets to him”….love this phrase. It sums up another player perfectly - two in fact. Rodri and KDB.

There aren’t too many of them and Grealish is not at their level in that regard. He can clearly do a job that Pep wants in games - he is less selfish than Mahrez was on the right when he arrived, but I would just occasionally like him to get the ball and immediately attack his full back. Not all the time…..but just once because right now he’s a full back’s dream - receives the ball and 999/1000 you know he will go back inside. Job done.

On the 115 charges and the PL.

I was surprised at Jordans responses. Very rational AND he gets the facts AND he doesn’t come out with the same Pavlovian response to the issue.

Whereas this contrasts with Souness whose cannot prevent his bias bubbling up through his questions and understanding - he didn’t even know how many charges there were AND has fallen for the standard response “If there’s 150 (sic) charges they’ll be found guilty of one of them”. Job done by the Pl in Souness’s case and the minds of most fans of other clubs.
I agree in one respect that Souness voice, they have thrown every petty charge they can come up with, the majority (65 I believe but not sure) are failing to co-operate and you get the feeling that they will find for the Premier in this respect which will then be highlighted by everyone as a sign of guilt even though all the other charges City are acquitted of.

I agree in one respect that Souness voice, they have thrown every petty charge they can come up with, the majority (65 I believe but not sure) are failing to co-operate and you get the feeling that they will find for the Premier in this respect which will then be highlighted by everyone as a sign of guilt even though all the other charges City are acquitted of.
I think, Buzz, that you may have hit on the formula the PL will use and which I now think is behind the rationale for them laying out the whole 115 charges instead of simply giving the key ones.

As has been mentioned here and by key figures like Stefan Borsan who have looked at this matter in depth - finding City guilty of fraud is a high bar. However a finding of ‘failing to cooperate’ will have a much lower threshold. I think this is why they published these elements of the case.

In doing so they have given themselves an out.

By levelling the charges to show the potential impending Independent Regulator they have a grip of things, they have signalled also to the wider football world “we will not tolerate this” and whilst they may not be able to prove guilt of fraud they could find the club guilty of failing to cooperate, levy a fine and points dedication.

No one. - NO ONE - outside MCFC will differentiate the outcome. No one outside MCFC will care that the main charges have been unproven. In the eyes of everyone outside the club City will have been found guilty.

Job done.

I was watching CNN’s World Sport this morning as they reported the Dips LC win. :sick: :sick: :sick: Vomit inducing when talking about Klipperty’s reaction. They lucked out - sneaked a win and now the myth is being built about “winning it with kids” …..oh and their fans. FFS.

Amazing, I thought you had to be able to articulate a few sentences together to get a job with the Beeb.

you would not matter for the BBC as long as the JoMU connection is there, he can speak jibberish for all they care (apparently quite good at it)

Check out the language in the article describing QF ties....

2 x 'set up', 1 x 'visit'.........Manchester City is the only one described as having been 'given' a 'home draw'. Seriously? :shake:

Methinks a pissed off Dip, or Rag in the BBC Sport (football) editorial team may have been responsible.

FA Cup quarter-final draw: Manchester United face Liverpool, Manchester City play Newcastle​

I have seen it all now Sky making excuses for JoMU because of the number of injuries they have, which may make the headlines come Sunday afternoon sensational for them should the Stretford lot triumph

I have seen it all now Sky making excuses for JoMU because of the number of injuries they have, which may make the headlines come Sunday afternoon sensational for them should the Stretford lot triumph
Not the only media outlet taking that line.

Get your excuses in early. Lose - because they had so many injuries. Get a result - Ten Hag is a Miracle Worker.

Seems to me though that they are taking up the Derby Underdog mantle quite willingly. In Fergie’s lifetime too.