Football League likely to resume behind closed doors | Page 3 | Vital Football

Football League likely to resume behind closed doors

it’s an absolute shit idea to be honest. It would completely take away from what it’s all about for me and would it really make much difference financially?

Would make a difference with increasing scale the further you go below Championship level.

Wouldn't make much of a difference for us as we're closer to about half of the teams in the southern region anyway!

Has anyone seen the proposal for a regionalised championship next year?

Apparently in the Sun on Sunday.

Each FL division would have a north and south with each team playing only 22 games. Presumably only top club goes up. Idea is to cut the season down and reduce traveling.

Clubs aren't keen

Our first ever league title was D3 south.

Regional divisions are a non-starter.

If it's safe to play, it's safe to travel to play.

Fans are a different matter. I could see games behind closed doors, with fans watching a live stream, but the lack of atmosphere would be weird.

It would be a pretty grim division.

Derby
Leeds
Barnsley
Huddersfield
Hull
Blackburn
Wigan
Wednesday
Boro
Stoke
Preston
Forest

Fuck me, do we really have to play that lot twice? :rotfl:

It's not as if you're able to go away to those places anyway!

I think I would probably rather die than live in Derby, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Hull, Wigan, Middlesbrough, Stoke or Preston.

I've never been to Blackburn, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was even worse than all of the above.

I think I would probably rather die than live in Derby, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Hull, Wigan, Middlesbrough, Stoke or Preston.

I've never been to Blackburn, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was even worse than all of the above.
It is.

Maybe not Middlesborough

A lot of holes, apparently.

Regional divisions are a non-starter.

If it's safe to play, it's safe to travel to play.

Fans are a different matter. I could see games behind closed doors, with fans watching a live stream, but the lack of atmosphere would be weird.
I feel there should be a machine learning algorithm that puts the right type and amount of crowd cheering onto a tv feed.

I might get busy with this and earn my fortune. Should be far easier than, say, comedy canned laughing!

I feel there should be a machine learning algorithm that puts the right type and amount of crowd cheering onto a tv feed.

I might get busy with this and earn my fortune. Should be far easier than, say, comedy canned laughing!

I like the idea, but I feel it should also be played at the ground so the players also get the boost of crowd noise if they (eg) create a good chance.

Though home games in an empty ground should suit Forest, with their great away record - they don't need a stadium full of nervous home fans!

TBH, I can't see an end to this virus and football resuming any time soon. :cautious:

ive come to the view that we should try to finish this season by next summer.

there are bound to be further outbreaks of this virus and I think 9 matches plus the play off games by May 2021 is about as much as we can hope for

I like the idea, but I feel it should also be played at the ground so the players also get the boost of crowd noise if they (eg) create a good chance.

Though home games in an empty ground should suit Forest, with their great away record - they don't need a stadium full of nervous home fans!
I'm invalidating a patent claim here by early disclosure but...
If it can be shown that players are more likely to stick away a decent chance if the crowd noise builds, we should amplify, or simulate, positive crowd noise when we're on the attack.
There we go.
That's why they pay me the big bucks. Forest can have that one for free and you can all thank me later when it's standard.

I don't see any football happening this year at all. Conference cancelled today. L1 and 2 clubs want to cancel.

The whole thing will be voided but Scouse exceptionalism will win out and they'll be given the title while 91 other clubs are told hard cheese

I don't see any football happening this year at all. Conference cancelled today. L1 and 2 clubs want to cancel.

The whole thing will be voided but Scouse exceptionalism will win out and they'll be given the title while 91 other clubs are told hard cheese

It will always have an asterisk attached though.