Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 171 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

That is a big problem, I'd limit it to 5 miles from Villa Park:throw:

Seriously you can't have people travelling from London to Manchester to watch Utd, if you ban away fans
I just checked AA Route finder and it says Smethwick to Villa Park is 5.1 miles.
Be careful what you wish for.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Not by crow

Wonder if the players who went to Spain quarantined then? I know one then went to Greece, and you don't have to quarantine from there, which makes a mockery of the people who make these rules!

Trouble is, people shouldn't want to get around them. Yes, the players (and anyone) can have tests, but the virus takes up to 14 days to show itself, so you can test negative and still form it later. And be spreading it in the meantime.

Posted yesterday, 14 have tested positive already in the PL.

Timing wise, all might be fine, and we all run the risk of getting it and spreading it, whether careful or not, however...................?

Liverpool are in Austria for a pre season training camp . Austria went on the list of countries you have to go into quarantine last night , but apparently Liverpool will be exempt from having to do so because they have played a game whilst out there.

Liverpool are in Austria for a pre season training camp . Austria went on the list of countries you have to go into quarantine last night , but apparently Liverpool will be exempt from having to do so because they have played a game whilst out there.

The rules are shambolic aren't they?

Why should they (players... or indeed politicians!) be treated any differently, they are in just as much chance of becoming ill as any other fairly fit person (I say it that way, as obese and people with underlying conditions have more chance of being seriously ill) and the press/news aren't explaining well enough the damage this virus has done to some people, their lungs, hearts and also those suffering from post viral syndrome.

As said, no one should be riding rough-shod against the rules, my feelings on some of the behaviour with reference to that has been clear, but also you shouldn't be looking to be clever and get around the rules.

Would only take one player to go into training with their squad to spread it to enough players leading to a club not being able to field a team.

At the end of the day, they have pretty much one job, to be fit to play football and they are paid in a week, what most people don't earn in 2-3 years. Wouldn't be that difficult to sacrifice a holiday would it? Most of us have had to!

Apparently something to do with being elite athletes, trying to find the right info but can't, the cricketers when they came over had to isolate and have been in bubbles since - or at least that is my understanding of how they have got Test Cricket back on.

I don't see why everyone shouldn't be following the exact same rules when it comes to this stuff. But then, they are having to not follow the exact same rules, when playing and so there is that contradiction? That doesn't go as far as being on packed beaches, in a country on the quarantine list, and not following quarantine rules (if indeed, anyone didn't quarantine) though surely?

Apparently something to do with being elite athletes, trying to find the right info but can't, the cricketers when they came over had to isolate and have been in bubbles since - or at least that is my understanding of how they have got Test Cricket back on.

I don't see why everyone shouldn't be following the exact same rules when it comes to this stuff. But then, they are having to not follow the exact same rules, when playing and so there is that contradiction? That doesn't go as far as being on packed beaches, in a country on the quarantine list, and not following quarantine rules (if indeed, anyone didn't quarantine) though surely?

No , probably not . The report I read said that because they had played a game out there it gave them exemption from quarantine , but didn't say what would have happened if they hadn't played a game.

Anyway our training camp is in Wales , so I think we are safe going there.

No , probably not . The report I read said that because they had played a game out there it gave them exemption from quarantine , but didn't say what would have happened if they hadn't played a game.

yes Jack and SJM are staying in my caravan and training on the football pitch

It is an odd one isn't it? Can't see why they would take the risk of going abroad really, with the changes (so quickly) in rules about where you can and can't travel to. Plenty of places in the UK to train, like their training ground for instance!

Oh right, some do the right thing...

England captain Harry Kane should be available for the Nations League games next month despite being in quarantine following a trip to the Bahamas.

Tottenham striker Kane, 27, was on holiday in the Caribbean when the island was added to the UK quarantine list on 7 August.

He is now in self-isolation for 14 days after returning home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53860015

Wonder where in Wales... I'll keep a look out. Bet they're thankful they don't have to do a long flight to somewhere like Arizona :halo:

Wasn't sure where to put this. Pre-season. And in particular friendlies. We're down to plat Bristol City some time this week, but nobody's letting on when "because of risk to players".

Don't get that. BC are playing Weston super Mare tonight with no problems.

Think the club are missing a trick with this. A way to keep fans on side would be to air it via Villa TV, or something.

Bit of a crossover I suppose , but Usain Bolt has tested positive for Covid 19 . Apparently Raheem Sterling was at a party with him in Jamaica last weekend , so presumably he will have to go into quarantine now.