Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 138 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Not all but yesterday 3 were shown live.

I haven't bothered today as it was complete shite.

It does show that without fans in the stadium football as a spectacle just isn't the same. I'd hope that perhaps the people in charge if the game might finally realise that. Won't happen obviously.

Not sure what the fuss is with football being on tv again.

I turn on sky and get wall to wall football.

If its about it being live then i watched Man United v Chelsea from 2012 the other day . Didnt have a clue what the score was before I watched it. There was the spontaneous element for me. Didn't have to fake interest in another countries league to get a fix.

One of the best aspects of German football is the atmosphere inside the stadiums. Seeing substitutes as the only people sitting in the stands and hearing the thud of the ball every time it’s kicked, completely ruins it. However if it’s that or no sport at all I will end up watching it

One of the best aspects of German football is the atmosphere inside the stadiums. Seeing substitutes as the only people sitting in the stands and hearing the thud of the ball every time it’s kicked, completely ruins it. However if it’s that or no sport at all I will end up watching it
Why ? Surely there are better things to do than watch bundesliga.
There's plenty of 5G masts to get to work on if you're short of ideas

Give me classic old matches to watch than a league I wasn't remotely interested in before . Its taken a world wide disaster for people to realise there is a league in Germany . Wow.

Finding this all comical now.

Ffs it's only been 2 months without games and the media and some fans are acting like it's been away for years . Really odd .

We go 3 months without football every year I don't see the problem

You don't work in the industry. I look at my spreadsheets and very much see the problem!!!!!!!! And I'm not even a cog in the wheel, I'm a ball bearing in the cog of the wheel !

Sorry, surely people understand the contract side of it, even if you don't care for football without fans and so on.

And I know you all know we are not operating in an ideal world right now!

Oh and I think there is going to be a lot of upset, as I don't think much is going to be available to view free to air, if anything!

Lol JF - I limited my comment purely to 'not missing football' as an enjoyment thing in my life as I didn't want to get into the rest.

I wasn't going to make it personal/job as this has decimated things (in the connotational sense as opposed to the denotational sense) for this industry and understandably, those not in this industry won't think about it.

I get 57's comment from the going without the game aspect - but from the industry side, the summer and off season is the summer and off season. Transfer rumours pick up - some accurate/most total BS but it's real in a sense because squads will change.

This is an unexpected forced pause in a season, and whilst nobody knows what will happen with 2019/20 let alone 2020/21 - add in player contracts (ie they are being paid without being able to honour that contract, will contracts be extended out of fairness to a clubs pocket, transfers free agency is up in the air) any transfer talk at the moment is total bollocks and invention.

So for the industry side (granted few care about that unless you are involved in it) this is a 3 odd month period that is not 'normal'.

Why do folks think I've largely stopped writing on the front end unless it's more 'real' news or an opportunity to really take the piss out of someone's transfer invention and why a deal definitely won't happen?

I have that freedom unlike some others....but that freedom comes with a massive financial cost for me and mine and a massive tightening of the belt and it's not like I was minted anyway.

But it is what it is and it's why I've got even less time for so called professionals who can't follow advice 5yr olds don't struggle with - yet think they can promise to donate an unnamed % of their wage whilst taking their full fucking wage - even though the staff at the club who make their pampered cnutish lives possible, are living with a 20% reduction.

This started as a hobby 21 years ago, it turned into my job...but honestly the only thing I'm clinging to at the moment given all the PR BS about 'Operation Restart' and the rest is, Villa didn't furlough.

Maybe I shouldn't say this where JF can read it lol, but I've never been closer to walking away completely.

That's my rant over anyway.

No we dont because every other year there’s a tournament and every 4 years the Olympics. Some leagues start in July, european qualifying starts in July and then there’s friendlies. Then there’s the constant transfer speculation, new kits and so on.

Give me classic old matches to watch than a league I wasn't remotely interested in before . Its taken a world wide disaster for people to realise there is a league in Germany . Wow.

Finding this all comical now.

Ffs it's only been 2 months without games and the media and some fans are acting like it's been away for years . Really odd .

Yes, I have people talking to me about the Bundesliga who didn’t give a shit about it when life was normal.

It appears that I’m in the minority on here but I enjoyed watching live football this weekend. It’s not quite the same and I can’t pretend I’m a fan of German football but it’s nice to have something to watch on the weekend that isn’t Friends or the news

Don't think we do. There's that awful dead period from the Cup Final to the start of July, maybe 6 weeks, when everything is dead, apart from high season for the media to go into rumour overdrive.

But then we're back into training, pre-season matches (which I enjoy) and transfer frenzy, for another 5 weeks or so until the season starts and all our high hopes come crashing down into a mire of despondency. It's not really away that long at all.

It appears that I’m in the minority on here but I enjoyed watching live football this weekend. It’s not quite the same and I can’t pretend I’m a fan of German football but it’s nice to have something to watch on the weekend that isn’t Friends or the news

I certainly enjoyed putting a few bets on and winning, but I couldn't watch any of it.

No we dont because every other year there’s a tournament and every 4 years the Olympics. Some leagues start in July, european qualifying starts in July and then there’s friendlies. Then there’s the constant transfer speculation, new kits and so on.

I was talking Villa , there really isn't any other football is there and if people really want to watch football the can still watch it 24/7 and still never catch up with every game they have missed in the last 40 years .
I've watched loads of Villa games I was actually at and still can't remember some of the goals