Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 136 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

The FA can't dictate what we do, even if it thinks it can. I hope somebody speaks up for voiding the season. By the rules relegation and promotion can only be decided after a full season has been played. It's time to talk of court action.

Do we deserve to go down? At the end of January the bottom of the table read:
15 Brighton 25
16 Villa 25
17 Hammers 23
18 Bournemouth 23
19 Watford 23
20 Norwich 17

2 points above the drop. 4 games later we were 2 points below the drop (but a game in hand). Things can change very quickly at this stage of the season. Being relegated with 9/10 games left in the season would be rubbish, for any club.

watching a bit of Dortmund v Schalke
big derby game apparently - it's like a very early preseason friendly - pish.
At least the players haven't forgotten theatrical tumbles.
Subs wearing masks and sitting far apart but players/refs no masks ?

watching a bit of Dortmund v Schalke
big derby game apparently - it's like a very early preseason friendly - pish.
At least the players haven't forgotten theatrical tumbles.
Subs wearing masks and sitting far apart but players/refs no masks ?

And BBC sport doing their headline match text thing like they really care. Clowns .

The only honest and honourable way to solve this is to play the remaining games. If that's not possible and the season has to be abandoned then it's void. Any artificial merit or ppg scenario is a dishonest guessing game.

:stupid:

I read and hear alot here and elsewhere about 'deserving to go down' . That is garbage .
We and no one for that matter deserves anything until it is mathematically decided. We simply do not deserve to go down at this point. It doesn't matter how we have played. It will only matter when the fat lady has sung. If you get what you deserve then we wouldn't have the European cup in our trophy cabinet after that final.

I will not recognise anything about this season unless all matches are played and the season is completed. Average points is an absolute shambles of a concept. Even then I may struggle as I am one who believes in the concept of home and away advantage/disadvantage so in my humble behind closed doors will have an impact.

Football Focus today. German journalist says if home fans congregate at BCD games,the points may e awarded to the away team. He didn't say what happens if away fans turn up or if both sets of fans turn up.FFS.

So all we need to do is turn up at our away games in whoever is the home team colours and we are sorted. Staying up.
West ham will have to be something with their badge on obviously.
I'm up for it.

The only honest and honourable way to solve this is to play the remaining games. If that's not possible and the season has to be abandoned then it's void. Any artificial merit or ppg scenario is a dishonest guessing game.

As Shankley would say: football is played on grass. No football...no results. Simple. Finish the season when we can. Its the only way that's fair if winners and losers are going to be identified.

I quite enjoyed watching a bit of live football again. Yeah it was weird without fans but the alternative in a global pandemic is not playing at all and people would moan about that as well for a variety of reasons!

I quite enjoyed watching a bit of live football again. Yeah it was weird without fans but the alternative in a global pandemic is not playing at all and people would moan about that as well for a variety of reasons!

Keep being told that it's what fans want but yet to see on here and elsewhere a huge swell of opinion for the resumption in the manner the Bundesliga has returned. There will be those desperate, I'm sure, so either they are in the minority or are not shouting as loud as those against a return.

Keep being told that it's what fans want but yet to see on here and elsewhere a huge swell of opinion for the resumption in the manner the Bundesliga has returned. There will be those desperate, I'm sure, so either they are in the minority or are not shouting as loud as those against a return.

I'm of the view that if this is what it takes to play out the rest of the season fairly and with 'sporting integrity' (to use Albion and Leeds' new favourite buzzwords) then, borrowing something you've said previously, it's a necessary evil. Hopefully we can use the time from now until the start of next season to work out a proper plan as this thing sure as hell isn't going away overnight!

There's also the economic argument. Many lower league clubs across the world face going under without fans, and if no football is played at all we could lose some bigger names too. So, if this is what it takes to keep the sporting part of the economy going for now then we should do it, rather than saying, 'feck it, we're already going to lose lots of clubs without fans, so let's just not play and lose some more!' (Appreciate that's not what you're saying)

The fact that it's on the telly is just a nice bonus to distract me away from all the other s**te on telly that I don't want to watch, I'm sure it's not at the point where it will make or break people's lives as everyone is far too concerned with the virus atm!

So all we need to do is turn up at our away games in whoever is the home team colours and we are sorted. Staying up.
West ham will have to be something with their badge on obviously.
I'm up for it.
Pretty much, classic example of a knee jerk idea not properly thought through, could easily be exploited tactically by opposing fans and there will almost certainly be attempts to do so.

It's pretty much a microcosm of the level of thinking which has taken place by most major football authorities since COVID.

I often sit and watch a TV game without the commentators, it's nice to make your own mind up about what's happening rather than the bias of the commentator and his sidekick.
For me they could just show the game it's then no different to watching a game at Villa Park. No HT chat bollocks just put adverts on while I go for a pee and get a drink
Funnily enough I often do the same when Alan Green is doing the commentary on the radio

According to Steve Bruce they need 6 weeks to get fit again. What happened to keeping in shape at home with the thousands of £ gym equipment they had delivered for the millions they have early whilst sat on their arse!?

I get that they won’t be match fit but they are not going to be by returning to normal training in small groups either.

By the time they are ready to play there will be another spike caused by the relaxing of the lockdown and people sitting on each other’s laps on public transport and it’ll all be shut down again.