Football and Covid | Page 8 | Vital Football

Football and Covid

I thought it had been shown that transmission rates are far lower than if unvaxed.
The media uses words like "growing body of evidence" we would of course need the information on how the studies are carried out and measured and peer review. So it's not yet a demonstrable fact just a claim that has yet to showthe method it has used to determine that claim.

Even if non vaxed can transmit more than vaxed do you not feel that taking the vaccination protects you? Was that not why you took it? That's the only claim the manufacturers are making.

Lots of places have a higher percentage of double vaxed being hospitalised now than unvaxed. The figures are available. This is not the fault of the unvaxed. The pressure on health services is being caused by doubled vaxed more than unvaxed at present so to suggest that allowing unvaxed free entry to football grounds as it could cause pressure of NHS is usubstanciated and can be dismissed as a reason/policy. Unless the policy is designed to coerce uptake to enjoy the freedoms we had last March.

You expect people to take a vaccine that they don't want or need? If they are not clinically vulnerable, there is no reason for them to take the vaccine. If they want to take the vaccine, this is a personal choice, but they should not be coerced into doing so. The vaccine doesn't prevent one getting the virus and it doesn't prevent transmission, which makes vaccine passports redundant. If you've taken the vaccine and it works, then you're protected.

Absolutely amazing we have so many experts on Covid 19 on here, hope the government agencies are monitoring our site & they can cherry pick the said experts on here......Great that we also have people champions on here informing us all what we should / shouldn't do & how great / not so great this vaccine is....despite the fall in infection rates!!!

The media uses words like "growing body of evidence" we would of course need the information on how the studies are carried out and measured and peer review. So it's not yet a demonstrable fact just a claim that has yet to showthe method it has used to determine that claim.

Even if non vaxed can transmit more than vaxed do you not feel that taking the vaccination protects you? Was that not why you took it? That's the only claim the manufacturers are making.

Lots of places have a higher percentage of double vaxed being hospitalised now than unvaxed. The figures are available. This is not the fault of the unvaxed. The pressure on health services is being caused by doubled vaxed more than unvaxed at present so to suggest that allowing unvaxed free entry to football grounds as it could cause pressure of NHS is usubstanciated and can be dismissed as a reason/policy. Unless the policy is designed to coerce uptake to enjoy the freedoms we had last March.
Yes, of course I took it for personal.protection. However, I also understand that I can still catch it ..... probably most likely from someone who's not vaxxed. (Subjective, I know).

The hospitalisation rate (if true) will simply be due to the relative numbers involved........you then veer into conspiracy land, so I'll leave it there.

I've made my views clear and I respect the right of others to hold different views. I certainly won't be getting involved in arguments or resorting to ad hominem attacks. Time will tell who's right and if I'm wrong, I'll hold my hands up and change my views accordingly.

You expect people to take a vaccine that they don't want or need? If they are not clinically vulnerable, there is no reason for them to take the vaccine. If they want to take the vaccine, this is a personal choice, but they should not be coerced into doing so. The vaccine doesn't prevent one getting the virus and it doesn't prevent transmission, which makes vaccine passports redundant. If you've taken the vaccine and it works, then you're protected.
How many times???

No, you don't have to take it, but if you want to be allowed to mix with thousands of other people whose safety actually matters, damned right you should have to take it.

I'm not having my safety, the safety of my family and friends, nor that of the vast majority of sensible folks who get vaccinated reduced by selfish tossers with no regard for anyone but themselves with their ill informed paranoia or desire to make some nebulous statement.

Nobody can give you a disease that they don't have. Asymptomatic spread is exceedingly rare. If somebody is ill, the last thing they're going to be doing is wandering around in public.

You are effectively calling for people to be excluded from society because they don't want to inject an experimental vaccine into their body. Do you believe in bodily autonomy? Since the vaccine doesn't prevent one getting the virus or transmitting it, a vaccine passport is utterly pointless. Also, where do you think it will end? Do you really believe that this won't be expanded?
I had COVID last November.
And by and large, I was asymptomatic.
The only indicator I had was I lost both taste & smell for about 3 weeks.
I caught it from my son, who in turn caught it from one of his Teaching Assistants.

Nobody can give you a disease that they don't have. Asymptomatic spread is exceedingly rare. If somebody is ill, the last thing they're going to be doing is wandering around in public.

You are effectively calling for people to be excluded from society because they don't want to inject an experimental vaccine into their body. Do you believe in bodily autonomy? Since the vaccine doesn't prevent one getting the virus or transmitting it, a vaccine passport is utterly pointless. Also, where do you think it will end? Do you really believe that this won't be expanded?
So are you a virologist?

How many times???

No, you don't have to take it, but if you want to be allowed to mix with thousands of other people whose safety actually matters, damned right you should have to take it.

I'm not having my safety, the safety of my family and friends, nor that of the vast majority of sensible folks who get vaccinated reduced by selfish tossers with no regard for anyone but themselves with their ill informed paranoia or desire to make some nebulous statement.

Based on us living in a "free society" wouldn't the best option for you be to stay away from all people and stay at home? That way you could guarantee your safety and control the environment. Having everyone double vaccinated, based on what the CDC are saying over the past week, may reduce the likelihood of transmission, but its only a slight reduction.

If you are healthy individual you've nothing to worry about, if you are and want to make choices based on your circumstances you should be free to do so.

If the virus is as dangerous as some believe what will happen if those who are worried stay at home is you'll have the people who dont care mixing, dying off and the problem is then solved, right?

Do you have the same views on people with the Flu during Flu season?

It may have half the associated deaths per year, but what risk is acceptable?

So are you a virologist?
To be fair he looks to be relaying the newest information coming out of the WHO and CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Last edited:

Utter drivel.

Based on us living in a "free society" wouldn't the best option for you be to stay away from all people and stay at home? That way you could guarantee your safety and control the environment. Having everyone double vaccinated, based on what the CDC are saying over the past week, may reduce the likelihood of transmission, but its only a slight reduction.

If you are healthy individual you've nothing to worry about, if you are and want to make choices based on your circumstances you should be free to do so.

If the virus is as dangerous as some believe what will happen if those who are worried stay at home is you'll have the people who dont care mixing, dying off and the problem is then solved right?
The Vaccination has never been about stopping transmission.
Its all about shrinking the risk of death, if you catch it.

Decided not to go Sunderland simply because I'm not 100% ready to be in a hugely populated small space with zero social distancing and masks. Was a tough call to make as I'd earmarked this game ages ago having not been to the Stadium of Light in many years, but I figured I've escaped Covid so far by being careful and I don't want to get pinged and miss the Rotherham game. For those going, stay safe.

As opposed to away games, I have far less worries going to the DW. There's plenty of space in the ground for all home fans to make their own decision on how they want to watch the game.
Or you do what thousands have done,.. ignore the ping.
I wouldn't advocate that but it is a way around it.
Millions have ignored any advice since the pandemic hit us. That's why it's still with us.

If that's the case why would clubs need to be involved?
As someone mentioned earlier, it's probably down to insurance policies.
If it was known that you caught COVID at a Football Game, some people would have no hesitation in suing the club involved.
COVID passports are effectively to cover everyone's back...

If the virus is as dangerous as some believe what will happen if those who are worried stay at home is you'll have the people who dont care mixing, dying off and the problem is then solved, right?

To be fair he looks to be relaying the newest information coming out of the WHO and CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html
I wouldn't trust WHO as far as I could piss on them.
Tedros Adhanom has more skeletons in his closet than Fred West...

You should also advise everyone to put their computers and smart phones into a cupboard, packlock the door and throw away the key. This will ensure data integrity, avoid data loss and protect the equipment from theft.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's probably down to insurance policies.
If it was known that you caught COVID at a Football Game, some people would have no hesitation in suing the club involved.
COVID passports are effectively to cover everyone's back...

I'd think it would work the exact opposite way though. Enforcement via a football club transfers the onus onto the club itself, vs adhering to government demands.

The clubs should strictly adhere to only what they are being regulated/forced by the government to do as it minimizes the liability they have.

You should also advise everyone to put their computers and smart phones into a cupboard, packlock the door and throw away the key. This will ensure data integrity, avoid data loss and protect the equipment from theft.

I'd advise exactly that if someone was deathly afraid of that happening.

I'd think it would work the exact opposite way though. Enforcement via a football club transfers the onus onto the club itself, vs adhering to government demands.

The clubs should strictly adhere to only what they are being regulated/forced by the government to do as it minimizes the liability they have.
The virus hasn't miraculously disappeared though.
Club's can only do so much, that's why COVID passport's are being introduced.
The thinking is, if you have a stadium full of double vaccinated people, then the likelihood of anyone getting a bad dose of it will be greatly reduced.
However... Anti-Vaxxers are up in arms because they say their freedoms are being taken away.
Whilst I understand and respect the views and beliefs of Anti-Vaxxers, this is an argument they simply aren't going to win...