Football and Covid | Page 9 | Vital Football

Football and Covid

Or you do what thousands have done,.. ignore the ping.
I wouldn't advocate that but it is a way around it.
Millions have ignored any advice since the pandemic hit us. That's why it's still with us.
I could, but unlike many in this country I’m actually not a selfish **** that puts other people’s health in danger for my own benefit.

The virus hasn't miraculously disappeared though.
Club's can only do so much, that's why COVID passport's are being introduced.
The thinking is, if you have a stadium full of double vaccinated people, then the likelihood of anyone getting a bad dose of it will be greatly reduced.
However... Anti-Vaxxers are up in arms because they say their freedoms are being taken away.
Whilst I understand and respect the views and beliefs of Anti-Vaxxers, this is an argument they simply aren't going to win...

Virus' come and go. For example the Flu has been all but wiped out by Covid if you believe the stats.

Virus' come and go. For example the Flu has been all but wiped out by Covid if you believe the stats.
Correct.
However, the seasonal flu virus is controlled by an annual jab.
COVID 19 was a completely new virus with no vaccine.
And remember the last time there was a worldwide pandemic (with no vaccine), it claimed the lives of 100 MILLION people...

Correct.
However, the seasonal flu virus is controlled by an annual jab.
COVID 19 was a completely new virus with no vaccine.
And remember the last time there was a worldwide pandemic (with no vaccine), it claimed the lives of 100 MILLION people...
COVID 19 isn't the virus, sars cov 2 is the virus. Watch out for that word magic there.

I've made my views clear and I respect the right of others to hold different views. I certainly won't be getting involved in arguments or resorting to ad hominem attacks. Time will tell who's right and if I'm wrong, I'll hold my hands up and change my views accordingly.

Come down off ur high horse....sounding a bit like a previous poster on here....as to the 'ad hominem' - don't think anyone is resorting to personal attacks for your belief or thots on this virus / vaccine...your just giving the impression that you are fully knowledgeable whilst others are following like sheep....🤔😉

I'd think it would work the exact opposite way though. Enforcement via a football club transfers the onus onto the club itself, vs adhering to government demands.

The clubs should strictly adhere to only what they are being regulated/forced by the government to do as it minimizes the liability they have.

You should read the guidance - it's deliberately worded to put the onus on clubs and, elsewhere businesses and schools.
Like changing rooms can be used without social distancing but try and limit their use and avoid too many people spending too much time together in there (so you can use them but they wouldn't really advise everyone getting changed in there together or team talks in there, or all going in at half time or full time but hey its your clubs choice!!)
Or like when schools were cancelling sports days, parents were complaining and the govt just turned round and said they could be held and weren't stopping them - conveniently ignoring the raft of regulations that had to be adhered to and safety measures that had to be out in place and staffed that were unfeasible for most schools

Dear forum colleagues.
I've not read any of this thread and don't intend to, it's an emotive subject and I just can't be arsed getting involved, I do however fear that it's a topic (similar to others recently) that could quickly descend from respectful debate to antagonistic posts and spiral on down into personal insults or stuff that "crosses a line".
Let;'s avoid that, Jonathan (The Fear - Vital moderator) has enough on his plate without having to police a non latics thread on a latics forum.
Respect each others opinions please.
No predictable responses required to me about this from the usual suspects, I'm just trying to keep things civil.

Dear forum colleagues.
I've not read any of this thread and don't intend to, it's an emotive subject and I just can't be arsed getting involved, I do however fear that it's a topic (similar to others recently) that could quickly descend from respectful debate to antagonistic posts and spiral on down into personal insults or stuff that "crosses a line".
Let;'s avoid that, Jonathan (The Fear - Vital moderator) has enough on his plate without having to police a non latics thread on a latics forum.
No predictable responses required to me about this from the usual suspects, I'm just trying to keep things civil.
If you haven't read any of the comments, how would you know if it's likely to get uncivilised or not...??? 🤔

***Genuine Question btw***

Dear forum colleagues.
Surely no-ones's reported anything to you or Jonathan. Theres' been nothing personal or nasty.

Come on chaps. Leave admin alone.

I knew a lad from Hindley Green who chose Dignitas. You can now save on the air fare just don't have your vax and Bob's your uncle.

Glad to be of assistance.

Surely no-ones's reported anything to you or Jonathan. Theres' been nothing personal or nasty.

Come on chaps. Leave admin alone.

No ones reported anything Moonay as far as I am aware, as I said I'm not reading the posts, there are too many and it's a subject I'm not interested in debating. I'm glad to hear everything has been civil and long may that continue. Crack on everyone.

The plain and simple fact in all this is that if the government legislate that vaccine passports are required, then the clubs and other venues will have to implement it.

All those that are complaining will cry foul, be ignored and in a couple of months the uproar will die down and life will continue. Just as it did with the smoking ban in pubs, seat belts in cars and other contentious issues that supposedly infringed our personal freedom.

The plain and simple fact in all this is that if the government legislate that vaccine passports are required, then the clubs and other venues will have to implement it.

All those that are complaining will cry foul, be ignored and in a couple of months the uproar will die down and life will continue. Just as it did with the smoking ban in pubs, seat belts in cars and other contentious issues that supposedly infringed our personal freedom.
This is exactly right, but the clubs are crazy if they "jump the shark" in doing it!