Football and Covid | Page 10 | Vital Football

Football and Covid

I've never known so many football matches be suspended due to someone in the crowd falling ill.
This coupled with the number of footballers also falling ill during a session.
Is there a link?

I've never known so many football matches be suspended due to someone in the crowd falling ill.
Is there a link?
Careful - the covid police will be all over you - it's "random coincidence " apparently !

Johanna Konta retired today following heart palpitation issues. She’s had covid, but was unvaccinated in case one or two were ready to jump to conclusions. However it can’t be ignored there seems to be a number of similar issues affecting sports people and the increase in medical emergencies in the stands requires more in depth investigation as to the underlying reasons.

Shovel staying in hand - the incidence both on and off the pitch needs investigating

As Nzog said....this is prob the ideal thread to post your views on any issues / concerns / links you may want to air....absolutely no 'Covid Police' on my part...my issue was using the CW thread for covid theories or discussions despite it being for get well / best wishes messages. So imo crack on in this thread....

Johanna Konta retired today following heart palpitation issues. She’s had covid, but was unvaccinated in case one or two were ready to jump to conclusions. However it can’t be ignored there seems to be a number of similar issues affecting sports people and the increase in medical emergencies in the stands requires more in depth investigation as to the underlying reasons.
I must have read a different report to you as mine states "long term knee injury problem"
‘I got to live my dreams’: Johanna Konta retires from tennis aged 30 | Johanna Konta | The Guardian

Is there a link?

That's because up until very recently they never used to stop games as a result of someone in the crowd falling ill - I've seen people have heart attacks and epileptic seizures at games and they were treated & the scene, then taken away whilst the game carried on & most people were none the wiser to what had happened.

That's because up until very recently they never used to stop games as a result of someone in the crowd falling ill - I've seen people have heart attacks and epileptic seizures at games and they were treated & the scene, then taken away whilst the game carried on & most people were none the wiser to what had happened.

Exactly….St John’s ambulance piled in and did their best till an ambulance showed up …the game didn’t generally stop. I’m not saying that is acceptable by today’s standards but it’s just how things were.
Today there has to be a Doctor in attendance and I’d be amazed if there wasn’t a defibrillator on site at all professional grounds …I’m personally aware of people who have had seizures/coronaries at both football and rugby games including one chap who sadly passed away….all of this years before the current situation.

If the punters have to have the passports and be fully vaccinated then the Footballers themselves have to be fully vaccinated too ?

I've only witnessed an incident just the once thankfully - if that is the right word. I was only 13 - 14 & on this particular match day we were sat in the main stand at Springy & a lad little bit older than me had a seizure a row in front. If I remember he didn't receive any help from emergency services just his family. Fortunately the seizure was only small & he was back on his feet & in his seat within a couple of minutes.

Evidence apparently suggests that covid infection increases the risk of peri and myocarditis- not vaccines. So that should put that myth to bed.

Got my booster at Boltons ground tomorrow- not sure if that’s a good or bad omen.

Evidence apparently suggests that covid infection increases the risk of peri and myocarditis- not vaccines. So that should put that myth to bed.

Got my booster at Boltons ground tomorrow- not sure if that’s a good or bad omen.

You'll be 'reet' so long as you don't sing or whistle the tune 'Bolton get battered'.....you may get more than a booster jab 😉

Well, I know for a fact River's Ponzio and Boca's Cardona got myocarditis around the time everyone in the teams was getting infected.

Where's the source for that ?
It would counter the US gvt survey if so.
It's a thing not a myth and it's not going away

Where's the source for that ?
It would counter the US gvt survey if so.
It's a thing not a myth and it's not going away

It is a myth. Personally I’d rather go with the professionals than internet cranks with fuck all knowledge of the subject matter.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-reject-vaccine-theory-players-fans-collapse/

Following wild speculation last week, experts pointed to research showing that previous coronavirus infection would be a more likely contributory factor than the jab, if there was any link at all.
A recent American study found that younger people infected with the virus were up to six times more likely to develop myocarditis than those who received the vaccine.

Advertisement
“Anything the vaccines do, natural infection will almost certainly be more common with disease,” said Prof Keith Neal, who has 25 years of experience in the research of the epidemiology of infectious diseases at the University of Nottingham. Prof Jonathan Ball, a molecular virologist at the same university, added: “Studies have shown that Covid is more likely to cause myocarditis and pericarditis than the vaccines.”
The pair, who referenced research by universities and heart centres in Ohio, had already expressed their concern about former players sparking fears the vaccine had contributed to the recent health alerts. Prof Neal said there was no evidence to show conclusively that any aspect of Covid was impacting on health in elite sport. “But these things are always investigated if reported,” he added.