Football and Covid | Page 19 | Vital Football

Football and Covid

On the basis that my 18 year old and all his mates are double jabbed I'm calling bullshit on this - no excuse for pro footballers on that basis - unless they are being advised not to get jabbed - if so wonder why ? 🤔
Good for you and your sons (did I mention the fate of my son and his girlfriend, as a result of the Tory's hostile environment)

If I ruled the world,
Every man would be as free as a bird,
Every voice would be a voice to be heard,
Take my word we would treasure each day that occurred.

Sung by Harry Seacombe of the Goons.

Good for you and your sons (did I mention the fate of my son and his girlfriend, as a result of the Tory's hostile environment)

If I ruled the world,
Every man would be as free as a bird,
Every voice would be a voice to be heard,
Take my word we would treasure each day that occurred.

Sung by Harry Seacombe of the Goons.
Think you've spectacularly missed the point here 😂
A prior post was suggesting some footballers may not have been jabbed due to their age - my point was given all adults (and indeed kids 12 upwards - crazily) have been offered jab then no footballers should be unjabbed right now unless they chose not to be.
Nowt to do with me, my son and his mates, the Tories or your family at all.
That your comment is then liked is "entertaining" 🙈

Think you've spectacularly missed the point here 😂
A prior post was suggesting some footballers may not have been jabbed due to their age - my point was given all adults (and indeed kids 12 upwards - crazily) have been offered jab then no footballers should be unjabbed right now unless they chose not to be.
Nowt to do with me, my son and his mates, the Tories or your family at all.
That your comment is then liked is "entertaining" 🙈
I think you missed Dalek's original point here Hampton ...... whether the jabs are available or not, he was saying (I think) that the number of footballers unjabbed is in line with others of that age range who are non-footballers.

As for the liking ...... it's Harry Secombe. What's not to like? I'd offer you a big fat raspberry right now if one was available ....... but it's not ....... so have one of these instead.

:nerner:

I think you missed Dalek's original point here Hampton ...... whether the jabs are available or not, he was saying (I think) that the number of footballers unjabbed is in line with others of that age range who are non-footballers.

As for the liking ...... it's Harry Secombe. What's not to like? I'd offer you a big fat raspberry right now if one was available ....... but it's not ....... so have one of these instead.

:nerner:
Seems a pretty good raspberry to me !
Goons a bit before my time so will take your word for it.

I did understand the original point was simply flagging it would have been made available to all footballers irrespective of age and wondering if clubs had insisted or otherwise.
As you know I'm on the personal choice side of this arguement not the mandation side.
That said the conflation between being jabbed and catching covid leading to games off is moot as jabs don't prevent it - maybe if they had to wear masks that would sort it and avoid postponements 😉😁

When talking about young one's,
My step grandaughter is 13 and her brother is 17 neither one will have the inoculations for fear of fertility problems in coming years.
Now for a 13yr old to be thinking this way I suggest these things are being brought up in our schools.

They particularly the greed league have been after winter breaks for years now. This while is an epidemic is just giving some clubs the excuse to get a couple of weeks rest get the injuries cleared up

If Accrington have 5 players out with Covid, only 2 changes from Boxing day to the 18 man squad. 24th Dec a full round of testing across all leagues were done as they have to do this 2 days prior to a game. So the isolation for 3 players would end tomorrow. Meaning they would have 21 players. For it to be called off they need 13 or less. They would have to suddenly lose 8 players.

Hopefully he is just voicing frustration that they're having to play so many games at once and others aren't which would be fair enough.

They particularly the greed league have been after winter breaks for years now. This while is an epidemic is just giving some clubs the excuse to get a couple of weeks rest get the injuries cleared up
You still on the Christmas sherry Martinez? :hmmm:(y)
;)

Accrington Stanley game has just been officially postponed

This is now getting beyond a joke...their manager Coleman was whinging & whining away in their post match interview yesterday...was most def on his agenda to get our match postponed.... ****

When oh when is the bumbling EFL & their highly paid chairman, the inept Rick Parry going to do something about these postponements? At what stage do these balloons who oversee the safe & well being of all teams in the league actually do something to stop this descending into at total farce of a season.....

This is now getting beyond a joke...their manager Coleman was whinging & whining away in their post match interview yesterday...was most def on his agenda to get our match postponed.... ****
Sorry, but once again we have no right to take the moral high ground when we did the same against Crewe and got games called off during the international break by using a Norwegian under 20s player who struggles to get on our bench.

Probably the biggest blow of all to the club financially this season losing Accrington. Guaranteed gate of 10k plus down the shitter to be replaced by one at least 2k lighter if that.

We need a game on the 11th now as we need to avoid using first team players against Blackburn as we cannot afford to have the Crewe home game called off, simply have to throw the cup game now.

Does anyone know why the L1 play off final is scheduled for May 21st ….when the L2 and Championshio play offs are both the following weekend ? (as is normally the case on the Bank Hol weekend)

When oh when is the bumbling EFL & their highly paid chairman, the inept Rick Parry going to do something about these postponements? At what stage do these balloons who oversee the safe & well being of all teams in the league actually do something to stop this descending into at total farce of a season.....

They won’t. They couldn’t give a flying fuck about the integrity of the league, it’s already descended into a farce.

Middle of a pandemic and these idiots still devised a fixture schedule that ended in April for this league with three cup competitions thrown in for good measure, one including a group stage. Absolutely no foresight. Why clubs aren’t told to utilise under 23 players as we did last year I have no idea. Injuries are being used as excuses too - though I can guarantee in March if we said we can’t play as most of the team are injured by playing non stop for three months they’ll just turn around and say they should be utilised then. If players do get injured due to the schedule that the efl are insisting on then they should take out a civil claim against them. As usual the Pfa remain silent but they should start speaking up on behalf of their members and tell the efl the condensed schedule we and others are having to face between now and April is not on and they need to extend the season.

We need a game on the 11th now as we need to avoid using first team players against Blackburn as we cannot afford to have the Crewe home game called off, simply have to throw the cup game now.
Ironically, we'll have no choice but to play the first team against Blackburn as they'll desperately need match fitness in their legs having gone three weeks without a game.

Unless the Efl announce the season is being extended in the next few days we should tell the efl that due to fixture congestion we are withdrawing from the pizza trophy. We cannot afford to progress and play more games, so bar ‘throwing’ the Oldham game the transparent thing to do is to withdraw from the competition.

Unfortunately the same goes for the FA Cup fixture. The priority is the league and getting promoted, so cancelling even more league games to play cup matches is just plain stupidity.