Fixtures | Page 11 | Vital Football

Fixtures

I see DF was saying it isn't an issue with the tactics and also started going on about bloody stats of the game!!! Oh dear me.

YB returns home after the first home game of the season against West Brom ( or was it Brighouse ?) .............................

I just can't understand how we have all these midfielders - Leitner, Steipermann, Cantwell, Godfrey, Tettey, McLean, Trybull, Vrancic, Thompson and yet it is Pukki that is looking like taking that role on Saturday yet from what I saw on Saturday it is a mistake waiting to happens because - He goes forward (because he is a forward), Leitner goes forward (because he isn't a central midfielder), that leaves Trybull all on his own covering the whole midfield which he can't do, McLean drifts forward too but also comes in to the central role but isn't an out and out 'defensive' midfielder. I just don't think we can line up with Husband at left back and then Leitner and Pukki in the central role with Trybull behind and McLean on the left if DF watched the same match as me he won't.

Nice work if you can get it . It will help them about as much as the now infamous trip to Dubai in the Prem season which ended up with us getting relegated

The germans were robbed that goal was way offside.

Still it was nice to see they were quite philosophical about it...

I was trying to remember what that trip was YB. I remember the manager saying that the players had come together and were ready to improve and I think we won one more game after that and got relegated.

Out of the 6 clubs who trained in Dubai that season 5 are now relegated . What a wicked waste of our money that it was used to go on an expensive holiday instead of buying the players we needed to stay up . I expect the latest holiday to America will be just as productive , and all the hangers on will accompany the team on the plane on this latest farcical jaunt

I am not a medical expert but have never understood why it is beneficial to fly long distances to train in warm areas just to come back to a cold winter again.
Long flights, change in temperature and short breaks always seem unsettling to me.

U23s lost to Leicester U23s tonight 2-0. The Leicester U23 team was strong actually with Simpson and King playing for them along with

No Martin in the squad - yet he was apparently training and playing with the squad but not tonight??? Has he got a loan lined up? Also no Idah at all. We also had a trialist but no name someone said it was some Northampton Town youngster.

3rd loss in a row.

I do indeed , and if our owners had any guts about them Hopeless Hugh would have walked after that utter humiliation

I was there and stood next to a fucking massive smelly fat man near the snake pit. We had a good side out too and were just so crap.