Fixtures | Page 10 | Vital Football

Fixtures

Cheers YB. I thought twice about it but couldnt resist in the end. Last time at St Andrews I suffered a 3-0 loss with Naismith up front alone and Shitts in defence. Still scarred to this day. Hopefully no repeat Saturday.

Charlton playing better than us and should be out of sight .nThey have already hit a post before scoring in the 59th minute

In a weird way , I think we'll be more alert and aware at Brum if we lose today rather than win and go there thinking we're too good for Brum. Concerning though but I suppose you can't really make any opinions from pre season.

Just back from the game - I'll just say this now - if that is what we are going to be like in championship then we will be fucked. I have only seen one pre season game but to me, it looks like DF still hasn't learnt a thing. 4-1-4-1 hasn't worked and he still goes with it....slow, boring play and also I don't think the side is up for a bit of rough and tumble. I'll do a little report in a sec

Also, He had Pukki in central midfield?? why I mean play a central midfielder there. My dad was saying 'I hope he isn't going to do this in the season to just get all the players playing no matter what position'. Also is Leitner really the player to build the side around?

Firstly - we were sloppy and gave the ball away. Like last season we gave away so much space. I don't know if Charlton were good or we very poor. Like last season if you close us down we seem to lose ideas and go back into our shell.

Krul - made a few saves but his kicking at times was terrible and he still looks rusty. If it was Matthews he would have been getting rubbish from the media guys but not Krul. He is a good GK but just on today I thought looked average.

Passlack - didn't look like a right back and gave too much space and the pace of the Charlton lad scared him. I worry about him in Championship.

Hanley - looked like the captain Pinto wasn't. He was loud and commanding.

Klose - nothing special.

Husband - Maybe it is because I don't rate him but I just don't think he is good enough for this level. He looks like a player who knows that he is on the way out.

Trybull - He was the holding midfielder and put in a good shift for a while but looked tired and got beat a few times. If it was up to me I'd start a Thompson/Godfrey over him.

Hernandez - Looks ready and caused issues and I think probably our best player in 1st half. Scored but was offside which I didn't see as I thought we were 1 up when I went for a pee.

Leitner - god he was terrible. He had a challenge on him early on and that was it for him he looked more like Surman than Maddison. He didn't want to go into the tackle and I just don't think he is a central midfielder and if DF is going to plan the side around him then we might be in a little trouble as I would say we have better central midfielders. Get him further forward and then we will see a better player but then we will either go back to the 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-1-1. He was rightly subbed. I had been going on about him to dad and then dad was like 'wow that is our best player....oh dear'.

Pukki - Not a central midfielder and it looked as if a few minutes in he decided 'sod this I'm going forward'. He got into good positions and had a few chances but missed.

McLean - I like the look of him and think that DF needs to build around him. He gets about and doesn't stop plus he looked like he was wanting the ball all the time....like a Snodgrass. He has to start. Is he a left winger? I am not sure he drifts into the middle a lot which then frees up space for the other club.

Srbeny - My goodness he is pants but again DF doesn't seem to understand that he isn't a lone forward. He was like a headless chicken at a time. The guy just doesn't look up for it and can he cope a whole season in the championship especially if a lot of the time he'll be on the bench and not getting time to play. I think but hope I am wrong that he might end up being a poor forward and one that is moved on.

Subs:

Marshall - I like the look of him. I had been told he is slow but he looked to have some pace and has a sweet foot on him. Again I don't think he is much better than Pinto as a defender.

Aarons - Youngster always good to see but is a right-footed right back playing left back. He got caught out a few times but is 100 times better than Husband and better than Steipermann. As a back up left back for Lewis yes.

Cantwell - I can't understand the want for the club to loan out he looks skilful and tricky and added something different. Had a couple of chances that maybe one should have been put away but still young and hungry that is what we need but you can bet he'll be loaned out.

Zimmermann - Erm I am not sure what has happened. Last season he was a bit of a man mountain but today he looked void of confidence and a bit like a German league 3 player. I must admit I only seemed to see him when there was a mistake made by him.

Godfrey - A good player we have here. Not as good as I think he could have been but got 15 minutes and was on at a time when subs were coming on and the system changed. Is he a defender....we'll see.

Steipermann - I just don't know what he is. He was upfront at one point and then in central midfield then left back. A good utility player but should not be a starter. The fact that he'll be ahead of Cantwell and Godfrey in the midfield is beyond me. He does like a challenge though.

Thompson - Looked better than Trybull. DF might have to start thinking about leaving his Germans out and bringing in the brits. Thompson looks a player and I think if he is fit and we don't go up he'll be getting offers for him. He has the whole package - strong, good passer, has a bit of pace. Just needs to keep fit.

Buendia - I'll be honest I didn't even realise he was on until I asked 'who is that guy'. He has pace and a good cross on him. I hope he'll not be another Canos. Give him a go and I think we will have a good player.

The 4-1-4-1 is crap and doesn't work. going 4-5-1 also isn't worth it. I think we are calling out for a 2 up front system.

Lovely day for football just a shame I saw last season Norwich turn up again. I am currently struggling with a sore throat and cold so at times I missed stuff as I had to blow nose and go toilet but I saw enough to say that was terrible. The kit didn't look too bad actually.

I heard some fans saying Pinto will be on his way soon.

On what I saw today I would go with the following for Saturday (include Lewis)

Krul

Marshall
Hanley
Godfrey
Lewis

McLean
Thompson
Trybull
Hernandez

Pukki
Rhodes

Matthews - Aarons - Cantwell - Leitner - Buendia - Oli - Klose

Great write up Bears , and it all sounds a bit depressing . I am sick to death of this 1 up front that DF insists on playing despite the fact that it has failed us miserably . I guess the manager must be blind . Good team for next week Bears but Farke is gonna stick to his 1 up front , sideways passing , tippy tappy football

I agree, completely Bears. The side you mention ( complete with those subs) will beat Brum. Any other formation and our first game will be a loss.:tophat:

A couple of mates went to the Sutton game yesterday and they said that young Spyrou is the main attraction of our u23 and that there were some scouts at the game.

Lots of players out of contract next summer:

Klose
Pinto
Martin
Jarvis
McGovern
Thompson (year extension option)
Matthews (year extension option)
Cantwell (I think) - (year extension option)
Naismith
Phillips
Mourgos
Jaiyesimi
Abrahams - (year extension option)

I would hope the club will give new deals to Cantwell and Matthews - then probably loaned out. Thompson also but I guess they will see how fit he is.

A lot of those I am not bothered about - Naismith, Martin, Jarvis, McGovern, Pinto so will be a good clear out.

Good article and I have responded in depth on main page.
I am worried. Same tactics. Same boring football. Same or lower position in the league.