Fixture Release Day | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fixture Release Day

Well Facebook was right about it being a local derby at home to start the season at least! The rumour must've got a little lost in translation on its way down through Chorley...

Blackpool away Saturday in mid April. MIW's points system might be needed for that one!

That's not a bad start at all to be honest. If we're going to get anything out of Norwich and Burnley it'll be in August. Birmingham away is hardly frightening and we should take a big following. PNE and Bristol City at home could both go either way.

Reading and Rotherham the last two games, both teams expected to be in the shit alongside us, they could be big ones.

Disappointed to get three of the four Home Derby games in the first five home matches and all of em done by Nov…and Boro away Boxing Day ? ☹️

I doubt that Knob End home game will be 3pm. Another 12.30 kick off I suspect and is why local derbies are not normally scheduled on opening weekend. Possibly the Burnley one a few weeks later will get shifted too. Bit frustrating if two out of first three home games get moved.

Boro away on Boxing Day is a bit shit it has to be said.

Opening set
I think Preston at home looks promising they are middle of the road and we'll be coming up with momentum to hopefully get off the an important good start.

Norwich away looks hard but coming down from the Prem, the expectation is going to be huge and they will see us as easy opposition, maybe with a bit of luck we'll catch them cold in a relegation hang over.

Bristol had a disapointing season last year, they are a team that could struggle. I think they are going to look to try and rebuild a bit so I wanted to get them quite early when they may not have gelled.

Coventry away will be tough as they wont take us for granted and are decent in their own right.

Birmingham are another side i fancy to struggle this year. Another one i wanted early.

Festival Fixtures
2 home games in 4 days on 29th December and 1st January with Sunderland and Hull is very good as prep, rest and recovery is so much easier when you don't have to worry about travelling.

Final Run
Blackpool, Stoke, Millwall, Reading and Rotherham is a very decent run if we need points to stay up.

None of those teams you expect to be in the automatic push, Millwall outsiders for play offs maybe. But the rest you fancy are more likely to be mid table on the beach by then or in the relegation mix and 6 pointers.

Rotherham at home last day is the game i'd have hand picked as if we need 3 points to stay up that is the easiest possible game in theory.

You could always get better or worse, but overall I'm happy enough with those fixtures. I feel like we've got winnable fixtures to have a good start and end which are always super important if you want to survive or succeed.