Fixture release date | Page 5 | Vital Football

Fixture release date

Seems a reasonably favourable start based on early bookies odds according to Ben Mayhew's charts. Obviously very high level stuff and no home/away adjustments which should (hopefully) be more of a factor this season.

Only 2 teams in the top 8 odds in our first 12 matches - but then what do bookies know!

I would have pasted the chart but the graphic file is too big. The link opens a tweet and it's the top right chart showing a timeline of all league one fixtures for all teams with a very early guestimation of difficulty.

I take we'll be giving Gillingham a guard of honour onto the pitch then?
Afterall they are the 'real' league one champions, with smallest squad and budget and youngest according to 'honest ' Steve Evans.....
Love to get one over that fat cheating bastard first up.

Xmas/New Year period looks stinking - Donny, MK, Rotherham, Ipswich, Oxford.
Define 'stinking'. Does it relate to travel, ticket availability, likely points gained/entertainment value or something else? Or perhaps one of the words that has flipped from its traditional meaning ie now has a more positive, sweet smelling meaning.

I take we'll be giving Gillingham a guard of honour onto the pitch then?
Afterall they are the 'real' league one champions, with smallest squad and budget and youngest according to 'honest ' Steve Evans.....
Love to get one over that fat cheating bastard first up.
Liam Bridcutt summed him up perfectly on the recent GOAT Pod.

Not a bad set of fixtures in my opinion. The 'big' games are reasonably well spaced out. Not too many scheduled midweek, though with the squashed season just gone that's probably as many as it used to be.
Portsmouth away on Good Friday could be a nice Easter 'treat' visit for the missus

Very tempted to go to a lot of away games this coming season, assuming we're allowed...Burton, Rotherham, Donny, Wednesday, MK, Bolton, Cambridge, Oxford, Crewe, Shrewsbury all possible...wallet allowing.

For me, maybe Oxford, Burton, Morecambe, Wigan & Wednesday (both definites), Crewe & Plymouth (also both definites), Fleetwood maybe, Wimbledon definitely, Shrewsbury & Charlton both definitely, Accrington probably definite.

Very satisfactory as far as I'm concerned - i.e. lots of places I could get to - just one solitary disappointment being Crewe away in midweek.

I just hope that from Gillingham onwards spectators will be allowed again.

That's a good geographic spread! I forgot about Wigan, and Morecambe could work too...oh god this is going to bankrupt me!

Yeah...so doubtless I'll be chopping a few off that list when they come round.
And some will depend on how things are going...will we be likely to play them next season so I could go then instead...how broke am I...etc etc.

Pretty good; three midweek away games and of those only Bolton that very many would want to go to. Pompey at Easter may attract a good following.

Very satisfactory as far as I'm concerned - i.e. lots of places I could get to - just one solitary disappointment being Crewe away in midweek.

I just hope that from Gillingham onwards spectators will be allowed again.

All going to depend on cases...well it should do at least !