FFP News & updates | Page 17 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

I did jury service a few years ago. I cannot and will not go into detail as it's against the law here.
Wow. What an eye opener.
All I will say is we unanimously found the defendant guilty as the evidence was overwhelming. Their penance was anything but.
However, I am very much in the hang 'em by the balls camp.
(y)

If UEFA had any concerns about the source of the material provided by Football Leaks they have had plenty of opportunity to reject it, say that it is unusable due to it's illegal provenance and as such clearly states that no further action was to be taken given that sanctions had already been applied.

The fact that they have not done this makes me think that something is coming down the pipeline for our club. They may be waiting for the conclusion of the Women's World Cup so that they full attention of the media is available.

If UEFA had any concerns about the source of the material provided by Football Leaks they have had plenty of opportunity to reject it, say that it is unusable due to it's illegal provenance and as such clearly states that no further action was to be taken given that sanctions had already been applied.

The fact that they have not done this makes me think that something is coming down the pipeline for our club. They may be waiting for the conclusion of the Women's World Cup so that they full attention of the media is available.
I hope they are ready for the fight.

A ray of light perhaps? I am not entirely sure Infantino says anything definitive here, in fact the first sentence doesn’t make any sense at all IMO, but this could be interpreted as the World’s governing body blinking first (& giving UEFA an out). After all, wasn’t Infantino in charge of UEFA when the deal that City reluctantly agreed to was made?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/fifa-financial-fair-play-changes-16602081
Well, well, well.
I think you may be right, Skoorb.

A ray of light perhaps? I am not entirely sure Infantino says anything definitive here, in fact the first sentence doesn’t make any sense at all IMO, but this could be interpreted as the World’s governing body blinking first (& giving UEFA an out). After all, wasn’t Infantino in charge of UEFA when the deal that City reluctantly agreed to was made?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/fifa-financial-fair-play-changes-16602081

I have read this twice now and cannot make head nor tail of it. In one sentence he says FFP works and then in another we must let people invest and grow.

As for the comment by the Evening News that it would help Stretford, FFP has had no effect on them as they are able to spend literally hundreds of millions and it still would not contravene FFP.

Barcelona Real Madrid Stretford and Babyern Munchin have never been affected as it was these clubs that ensured the goalposts were smaller at their end.

It does seem like a load of waffle that makes little sense - just the hint of a softening. As you say Buzz, the big pushers of ffp were never affected because they run their clubs on levereged debt or bail outs from their banks.

It certainly doesn't make much sense but, as pointed out above, the tone is definitely conciliatory.
Couple that with the fact we have yet to hear anything from them since our appeal to CAS, speaks volumes.

[QUOTE="Rising, post: 1915938, member: 4250
Couple that with the fact we have yet to hear anything from them since our appeal to CAS, speaks volumes.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that and wondered if UEFA were biding their time just to drop it on City at a most inappropriate time, say the Eve of the Liverpool game or just after depending who the winners are.

[QUOTE="Rising, post: 1915938, member: 4250
Couple that with the fact we have yet to hear anything from them since our appeal to CAS, speaks volumes.

I was thinking about that and wondered if UEFA were biding their time just to drop it on City at a most inappropriate time, say the Eve of the Liverpool game or just after depending who the winners are.[/QUOTE]
We shall no doubt see in due course!

Hypocrisy is alive and well and living with Jamie Jackson at the Guardian.

So City get criticised for spending gazillions on players and being under threat from sanctions from UEFA for breaching FFP........but when the coach explains that the club wouldn’t overpay for a defensive replacement the snide journos can’t wait to have pop. FFS.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...chester-city-pay-above-odds-hurting-guardiola

You cannot win with these people whatever happened to the obscene amount for a defender to having a go at us for not spending.

Rui Pinto, the computer hacker behind Football Leaks and the source of Der Spiegel's material which prompted UEFA to reopen investigations into City, has been charged by the Portuguese courts.

One would hope that this is unlikely to assist UEFA in their action against City. Despite his claims of 'acting in the public interest', the motivation for his activities may have been less than altruistic given the nature of the charges......

"alleged illegal access to data, aggravated extortion, violation of correspondence and computer sabotage"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-49763321

Last edited:
Rui Pinto, the computer hacker behind Football Leaks and the source of Der Spiegel's material which prompted UEFA to reopen investigations into City, has been charged by the Portuguese courts.

One would hope that this is unlikely to assist UEFA in their action against City. Despite his claims of 'acting in the public interest', the motivation for his activities may have been less than altruistic given the nature of the charges......

"alleged illegal access to data, aggravated extortion, violation of correspondence and computer sabotage"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-49763321

I wish we had a 'love it' sign:love:

Last edited: