FFP News & updates | Page 16 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

I believe we're appealing against the investigatory chamber for not following due process in the investigation in the hope CAS rule the investigation not fit for purpose so case dismissed.

If we fail in this we'll likely appeal to the CAS again against any sanction we receive.

I think our legal eagles have done their homework indeed. If UEFA thought that the owners would roll over after we got stitched up last time they clearly underestimated them.

I think our legal eagles have done their homework indeed. If UEFA thought that the owners would roll over after we got stitched up last time they clearly underestimated them.

Uefa’s rules do not allow for an appeal against such a referral.

That is like-

UEFA Rules
Rule 1
, UEFA are always right
Rule 2 If UEFA are found to be wrong Rule1 applies

You have to wonder at how they can constitute themselves as a governing body which makes up rules and then effectively police's itself. The classic example is the behaviour of Bayern Munich regarding Sané - their pronouncements would not be allowed by FIFA if they were trying to sign a player in another Federation e.g. from a Brazilian club. But they are at liberty to tap up a player from a rival in a European league.

Ridiculous.

Funny, I don’t recall anyone “sending a message” to the old Sky 4 that they were ruining football?

A report by financial analysts states -

"With ten years of available data, we can see a clear correlation between improving economic profit performance by the Big Six clubs and their increasing share of total Premier League points. The Big Six clubs are destroying the Premier League with money,"

Doubtless by the end of the day all the blame will be laid solely at City’s door because our arrival will be cited as the reason everyone else has had to spend. You read it here first.

I note it fails to lay any blame (at least in the reported article) on the PL or broadcasters for their financial model.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...remier-league-sent-manchester-united-16448522

Looks like they struck a deal.

Are we next up?
It could well be. If any sanction is to be meted out to us, and they want it this season, then they have to do it now because of all the prep that needs to go on with scheduling, etc.

*****This thread has moved on and evolved from it's original designation ("FFP documents leaked") but rather than start a brand new thread it was though best just to amend the title & keep all the info in the one place*****

Well now. ACMilan have been banned from Europa League for a year for breaking FFP rules, starting from the new season. (Ruling by CAS)

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ded-from-201920-europa-league-over-ffp-breach

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48801681

They have admitted they were guilty and have accepted the punishment a deal where UEFA have not imposed a transfer ban.

I think ours still relates to a case where we have been punished once and UEFA need to tread very carefully when they come to a decision over material which has been either stolen(therefore obtained illegally) or taken out of context (reading between the lines they wish were there)

They have had the recommendation for some time and the sooner they spit it out the sooner we can deal with it.

Yes, City have already 'admitted' a breach of ffp and served the punishment. Like AC Milan we agreed a 'reduced sentence'. It remains to be seen whether UEFA want to risk two bites at the cherry using grounds which would not be admissible in a regular court.

I've pinched this post from another forum.
It's written by a much-respected blue in answer to a question about the difference between what Milan did to breach FFP rules, and City's situation.

"Milan were initially going to get a two year ban (for repeated rule breaches already) but appealed to CAS, who overruled it and said as long as you get your finances in order then that’s ok. Theirs has been missing loan repayments and continually breaching the break even target.
They then breached again though so went to uefa with this offer to stop the two year ban from happening, which CAS have also agreed to (which is why it is a Consent order rather than a sanction). They’ve come out of it far better than Uefa initially wanted to and now have got another year to sort themselves out.
With City, that accusation is linked to the same reporting period that we were already sanctioned for, but alleges that the Etihad sponsorship payment was paid from elsewhere (potentially Mansour depending on how the emails are interpreted) and the charge is misleading investigators.
In terms of the criminal law element, there is no accusation or evidence around that, both Etihads and City’s accounts are independently audited by law already. If there was issues with that though, that would likely be more against Etihad (and the independent accountants, who I have a memory were PWC for us, the same as Uefa)."

First, in a real court, the evidence would be thrown out because it was obtained illegally. And second, is there no such thing as double jeopardy?

The law in respect of double jeopardy was abolished in this country so that in certain cases you can be tried again for a crime you had been acquitted for.
https://news.sky.com/story/how-scrapping-double-jeopardy-has-brought-killers-to-justice-11646468
Not here. But our Supreme Court just ruled that a defendant CAN be tried in a state or federal court after he was acquitted and found innocent in the other. It's a slippery slope to be tried twice in the same court.

Not here. But our Supreme Court just ruled that a defendant CAN be tried in a state or federal court after he was acquitted and found innocent in the other. It's a slippery slope to be tried twice in the same court.
I love US law. You can bang your scum up for 150 years or more. Or, in some States, do away with them altgether.
We have to be the softest nation on earth when it comes to "justice".

here whilst the double jeopardy exists that is for Criminal Cases, I am not sure it applies in Civil Matter:- an accused may be found not guilty at a Criminal Court, but that does not stop civil proceedings being brought against the accused of the same offence.