FFP charges? | Page 123 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

In the midst of all this existential angst, its all forgotten When Saturday Comes....or Sunday, maybe Monday, perhaps Tuesday....but defo not wednesday or Thursday...could be Friday.

Anyways, there's always another match!

Chin up, lads!

I’m 100% serious when it looks like we’d get more enjoyment out of relegation, and if Leicester bottle promotion, Derby go up (I cannot believe I’ve written that) so we have at least 4 games to look forward to, rather than zero
Are we seriously saying if we go down this year that if we ever get back up again it will likely be with a points deduction to start the first season back.

Absolutely fucking so ridiculous it's hilarious. We have to stay up this season if this is true as otherwise we are never getting back in.

I mean let's make sure no one had any advantage, let's make those big spenders who have been in the championship start on minus points. It's not like it's difficult enough for them anyway.

Fucking hell Derby wouldnt have got to double digit points 🤣🤣
Yes when sporting advantage is mentioned regarding these breaches you have to laugh. The premier league is riddled with sporting advantages and disadvantages with the advantaged getting increasing advantaged and the disadvantaged getting increasingly more disadvantaged.
I’ve changed my mind we must appeal just to make this farce even more farcical

I admit that most of the financial analysis is all Greek to me (see what I did there) but assuming we stay up and get, say, a 4 point deduction to start. At least we know where we stand right from day 1. It will be a hard slog but doable. Better starting off that way rather than having only 9 games to correct it, like this season.

Oh and yes the rules are shite, but they are rules and we broke them

I admit that most of the financial analysis is all Greek to me (see what I did there) but assuming we stay up and get, say, a 4 point deduction to start. At least we know where we stand right from day 1. It will be a hard slog but doable. Better starting off that way rather than having only 9 games to correct it, like this season.

Oh and yes the rules are shite, but they are rules and we broke them
Yes not only the rules are shite which the premier league know as they are changing them the actual sentencing is made up differently as it goes along. Utter joke.

From the Telegraph

Marc Atkins
Forest are in a similar position to a number of other Premier League clubs, including Newcastle, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Wolves, where significant offers for their players would have to be assessed.

After being deducted four points on Monday for breaching PSR, Forest need to raise around £30 million in profit before July to ensure they avoid future sanctions.

Yet the club are confident of reaching that figure without the sales of their prized assets, with midfielder Orel Mangala set to complete a permanent move to Lyon for a total £25 million.

A loan fee has already been paid and Mangala is on course to become the club’s second biggest sale behind Johnson.

From the Telegraph

Marc Atkins
Forest are in a similar position to a number of other Premier League clubs, including Newcastle, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Wolves, where significant offers for their players would have to be assessed.

After being deducted four points on Monday for breaching PSR, Forest need to raise around £30 million in profit before July to ensure they avoid future sanctions.

Yet the club are confident of reaching that figure without the sales of their prized assets, with midfielder Orel Mangala set to complete a permanent move to Lyon for a total £25 million.

A loan fee has already been paid and Mangala is on course to become the club’s second biggest sale behind Johnson.
Mangala's loan fee of £10m has already been included within the current projections, but obviously the final payment of £15m has not.

With that in mind, unsure how the club is confident of counteracting the £30m (which is a wholly increased figure from the 12-17m claimed a couple of days back) debt we have this season.

What is the source of the remaining £15m...Worrall, McKenna, Dennis etc?
Maybe the club are hoping the tripling of season tickets, after dodging relegation, will be met with open wallets from the long-suffering home support.

2021/2022 (last set of accounts available, and last season in champs) ticket sales and memberships totalled £8.2m, and an average attendance of 25,778.
2022/2023 - IIRC - ticket prices increased by 20%,-ish?

Unknowns are how many STs are sold, and therefore what percentage of that 8.2m can be fairly accurately increased against the 20% price hike.
I'd guess its somewhere around £6m...so ST revenue, for last season, must be around 7.7m immediately.
Factor in the larger average attendance - 29 thousand ish - and those extra 3,000 match day tickets are a big hike for the club.
Say £35 on average, multiplied by 19 games thats almost £2m....

Anyways, a complete guess would be ticket sales probably stand somewhere between 10-11m for last season, compared to the 8.2m from 21/22.

If the supporter is to be hit, then they'll need to double the 7.7m ST revenue to guarantee 15m.
Does that mean my expensive BCU seat is gonna cost in the thousands!

Obviously, thats all nonsense and theres no way the club would do such a thing...and probably the maths and logic above is complete guesswork, full of errors and supposition.

TL:DR Still begs the question where this extra revenue is going to emerge from?

The EFL are also investigating them so if they get penalty points from them this season and are not promoted will any penalty points they get from the PL have to wait until they do get promoted!
This is a bit of a 'catch-us-if-you-can' game by Leicester.
The EFL tried to sanction them this season for last season's EPL spending. Leicester, defended by De Marco, argued that because LFC were PL members, the EFL cannot touch them. This defence was upheld.
So enter stage right the PL. Who have now said, right we'll 'ave you then.
So in a nutshell, Leicester won't get a sanction unless they get promoted, the PL and the EFL are like siblings that have fallen out, so zero cooperation between them.

It is a right pig's breakfast.

Mangala's loan fee of £10m has already been included within the current projections, but obviously the final payment of £15m has not.

With that in mind, unsure how the club is confident of counteracting the £30m (which is a wholly increased figure from the 12-17m claimed a couple of days back) debt we have this season.

What is the source of the remaining £15m...Worrall, McKenna, Dennis etc?
Maybe the club are hoping the tripling of season tickets, after dodging relegation, will be met with open wallets from the long-suffering home support.

2021/2022 (last set of accounts available, and last season in champs) ticket sales and memberships totalled £8.2m, and an average attendance of 25,778.
2022/2023 - IIRC - ticket prices increased by 20%,-ish?

Unknowns are how many STs are sold, and therefore what percentage of that 8.2m can be fairly accurately increased against the 20% price hike.
I'd guess its somewhere around £6m...so ST revenue, for last season, must be around 7.7m immediately.
Factor in the larger average attendance - 29 thousand ish - and those extra 3,000 match day tickets are a big hike for the club.
Say £35 on average, multiplied by 19 games thats almost £2m....

Anyways, a complete guess would be ticket sales probably stand somewhere between 10-11m for last season, compared to the 8.2m from 21/22.

If the supporter is to be hit, then they'll need to double the 7.7m ST revenue to guarantee 15m.
Does that mean my expensive BCU seat is gonna cost in the thousands!

Obviously, thats all nonsense and theres no way the club would do such a thing...and probably the maths and logic above is complete guesswork, full of errors and supposition.

TL:DR Still begs the question where this extra revenue is going to emerge from?
Fuck 'em Take the penalty and keep our players.

The EFL tried to sanction them this season for last season's EPL spending. Leicester, defended by De Marco, argued that because LFC were PL members, the EFL cannot touch them. This defence was upheld.
So in a nutshell, Leicester won't get a sanction unless they get promoted, the PL and the EFL are like siblings that have fallen out, so zero cooperation between them.

Wow Liverpool, kind of them to take Leicester’s penalty.

I didn't wonder if DeMarco would try that argument to defend us, that two of the years were under different jurisdiction so the PL can't touch us.

Not sure why it worked in the EFL but it wasn't tried in our case, especially as there was already winning precedent?

I didn't wonder if DeMarco would try that argument to defend us, that two of the years were under different jurisdiction so the PL can't touch us.

Not sure why it worked in the EFL but it wasn't tried in our case, especially as there was already winning precedent?

Maybe he's also been bought as well?

Best bit is, if we go down we get a points deduction whenever we go back up again unless we can sell 30m worth in a month.

I hadnt thought about the effect of the Euros, so yeah; zero chance

They have made an utter farce of it and the fact they are pursuing points deduction after points deduction on rules that are now defunct just makes it more laughable
Surely we can raise the money by shifting the likes of Richards, Vlach and maybe Worrall to Olympiacos

I'd rather not have a points deduction to look forward to in 23 years time.

But yeah, there are definite upsides to the championship
We are not going down.
any points deduction next season would be inline or less than this season as the breach would be less - we can demonstrate that are finances/sustainability are improving
We have more headroom from July to invest in the squad.
I know everyone is saying that the promoted teams - say Leeds, Leicester + 1 will be stronger. There is no guarantee of that
Leeds - maybe
Leicester - no money to spend and appoints deduction - no
Soton/Ipswich/WBA/Norwich - probably not

We have the nucleus of a good squad with a couple of sensible additions and a full pre-season under NES - we will be fine

Keep the faith - UReds

Covid expenses drops out of everyone’s accounts. That’s £100m more every club has to find, except Forest who were allowed only £2.5m so not so much of a problem.

Arriving in PL and staying brought in several new financial support packages which will be accounted for in two years not one.

We have an extra years worth of PL money.

Shortfall is nearer £12m than £30m.

We will have to rely on academy again. Instead of spending on likes of Monteil, Tavares and Origi we will have to play Donnelly, Back, Taylor and Onsong.

Everton again, Leics, Chelsea will all get point deductions next season, possibly others. If Ipswich gets promoted they will struggle as will the other promoted team. Next season can look after itself. Let’s sought this season out, on the pitch.

But here is the rub, and the curse of De Marco: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...emier-league-over-alleged-breach-of-psr-rules