FFP charges? | Page 121 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

Apologies if someone else posted this before, I did trawl through the last 20 pages and didn’t see it mentioned. Does anyone think we would have seen a better effort and 2 extra points against Luton, if we had known about the deduction before last Saturdays game?

Fair comment, he has been brilliant for us when he hasn't been on the sidelines. Sorely missed. Just wish our two main strikers (both of whom have actually shown they can more than do it as this level) didn't have glass legs.

If we go down, and they stay mostly fit. Wow, just imagine the damage they could do in the champs.
clearly i think we all want to stay up, but i have thought a few times that if we went down and managed to keep most of our players, we might actually win a few games in the Champ

my new favourite MP

To all of those cowering and thanking our lucky stars it's only 4 points for daring to challenge the establishment, read this, and then read it again.

Man City and Chelsea will never see a single punishment while us and Everton are immediately docked points.

This is why I'm pushing back. It's not remotely evenly applied and never will be.

At least in the Championship we can all talk about how we are morally superior while watching City win another Champions League. We did a similar thing watching Leicester win the PL. We were definitely the real winners.

If we have nothing ot lose on an appeal why wouldn't we ? Everton got 4 points back maybe we would get one back
Yes.

Because this current year we are in now, ending on 30th June, we are being judged under the existing rules. Fail on 30th June and it's another deduction.

The year from 1st July is judged under the new rules
That’s true but wouldn’t be surprised if they did a bit of a reset

Yes.

Because this current year we are in now, ending on 30th June, we are being judged under the existing rules. Fail on 30th June and it's another deduction.

The year from 1st July is judged under the new rules
sorry i meant that yes they would get a points deduction for this year, but would the new rules mean they wouldn't get punished for that overspend in the following years as the current rolling 3 year limits would be gone. So as the prior post says, Newcastle spend £200m on players, get an 8 point deduction, then go into new season and remain compliant with the new % of revenue approach?

sorry i meant that yes they would get a points deduction for this year, but would the new rules mean they wouldn't get punished for that overspend in the following years as the current rolling 3 year limits would be gone. So as the prior post says, Newcastle spend £200m on players, get an 8 point deduction, then go into new season and remain compliant with the new % of revenue approach?
They probably won’t spend big prior to June 30th 2024 but go big between July and end of window as that won’t be in figures until reporting in summer of 25 and won’t be charged till Jan 26. New players will have had 18months and be in top 6. They could afford 8 point reduction without a major problem and effective for one season. More likely the ne rules will apply.

So, we rejected a bid of £42.5m to comply (in January?) to accept a £42m bid in August to fail?

Guess we just delayed relegation by a season then.
Maguire was speculating that Forest's payment to Macquarie is around £5m - the 27m vs 32.5m that the papers reveal the bank will obtain from Spurs.

Presumably the actual payment to Forest was around £15m, hence the total being £47.5m...but Forest needed to pay for the bank's loan to gain cashflow.

Maguire was speculating that Forest's payment to Macquarie is around £5m - the 27m vs 32.5m that the papers reveal the bank will obtain from Spurs.

Presumably the actual payment to Forest was around £15m, hence the total being £47.5m...but Forest needed to pay for the bank's loan to gain cashflow.

Think Spurs pays bank.

To all of those cowering and thanking our lucky stars it's only 4 points for daring to challenge the establishment, read this, and then read it again.

Man City and Chelsea will never see a single punishment while us and Everton are immediately docked points.

This is why I'm pushing back. It's not remotely evenly applied and never will be.

At least in the Championship we can all talk about how we are morally superior while watching City win another Champions League. We did a similar thing watching Leicester win the PL. We were definitely the real winners.

erm I support an appeal.

Interesting; not sure.

If they could spend 200m by 30th June they would be under the old rules, which might help; although some suggestions are that they might need to sell by 30th June to stay clear anyway (I suspect there are actually a few clubs dismayed by what the verdict means for them).

I don't know enough about how the new rules work, or even what the % of income to expenditure will be. I don't know if it's a 3 year average or just yearly

An example; Burnley had a 86M wage bill in the PL in 2021/22, with 63% wages to turnover. Assuming the % limit was something like 70-75% that doesn't give much room for manoeuvre in terms of funding transfers.

And that season Burnley's wage bill was the second lowest in the league

Obviously, 1% of Brentford's 166m turnover is going to offer a hell of a lot less spending power than 1% of Manchester United's 750m turnover.

But I imagine that is the whole point

Interesting; not sure.

If they could spend 200m by 30th June they would be under the old rules, which might help; although some suggestions are that they might need to sell by 30th June to stay clear anyway (I suspect there are actually a few clubs dismayed by what the verdict means for them).

I don't know enough about how the new rules work, or even what the % of income to expenditure will be. I don't know if it's a 3 year average or just yearly

An example; Burnley had a 86M wage bill in the PL in 2021/22, with 63% wages to turnover. Assuming the % limit was something like 70-75% that doesn't give much room for manoeuvre in terms of funding transfers.

And that season Burnley's wage bill was the second lowest in the league

Obviously, 1% of Brentford's 166m turnover is going to offer a hell of a lot less spending power than 1% of Manchester United's 750m turnover.

But I imagine that is the whole point
Will the clubs all have to vote for this, at 14/6 split?

If so, why wouldn’t at least 10 clubs vote against these new set of unfair rules which yet again allow the top 6-8, who have had years to establish new revenue streams, a new set of standards which 10-12 clubs will never be able to reach

Will the clubs all have to vote for this, at 14/6 split?

If so, why wouldn’t at least 10 clubs vote against these new set of unfair rules which yet again allow the top 6-8, who have had years to establish new revenue streams, a new set of standards which 10-12 clubs will never be able to reach
They have already voted for it

Probably because the existing rules are such bullshit and half the clubs are at imminent risk of points deduction if they continue