FFP charges? | Page 122 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

Will the clubs all have to vote for this, at 14/6 split?

If so, why wouldn’t at least 10 clubs vote against these new set of unfair rules which yet again allow the top 6-8, who have had years to establish new revenue streams, a new set of standards which 10-12 clubs will never be able to reach
That's a really good question but they already have which makes it an even better question. I'm nowhere near being any sort of financial expert but as far as I can see it is going to tighten purse strings even more for "smaller" clubs & I can't understand why enough clubs have vote this through.

I can only assume that I am missing something & yes as Pope says above it is better than we have now, but surely there must be better ways. Once again this is going to favour those clubs with the greatest turnover, whether that turnover is legitimately generated or not in some cases. I just don't see how it can have anything to do with sustainability when it gives a club like Man U the scope to spend lavishly when they are carrying debt of £3/4 B.

I sincerely hope that the new Government regulator can set things up differently if that is within their remit, but as I've said previously I have very little faith if Government's previous record of meddling in things they know little about is anything to go by

I believe it’s 85% of income can be spent on transfers/wages so yes entirely weighted to clubs with massive revenues.

Don’t clubs in the PL have any ambition? Why are they happy to vote for this shite?

Last edited:
I believe it’s 85% of income can be spent on transfers/wages so yes entirely weighted to clubs with massive revenues.

Don’t clubs in the PL have any ambition? Why are they happy to vote for this shite?
Because - most of the mid range EPL clubs are happy being just that. Stay in the league and keep taking the money. The gap will grow to the EFL as well if they end up being forced to adopt the same regulations.
It will mean the EPL will be even more of a closed shop.
I think this is part of the reasoning for the 'calculated risks' that EM is taking to keep us in the EPL

Because - most of the mid range EPL clubs are happy being just that. Stay in the league and keep taking the money. The gap will grow to the EFL as well if they end up being forced to adopt the same regulations.
It will mean the EPL will be even more of a closed shop.
I think this is part of the reasoning for the 'calculated risks' that EM is taking to keep us in the EPL
At he time of voting the likes of Newcastle and Villa were happy to be a member of the elite as both had spent seasons in championship. They are both under new ownership with different priorities. They would not vote for a similar package. Much more likely to vote for % of income.

If Ipswich get promoted the three seasons taken in to account will include a season in League one. That is very unfair.

I just got recommended a Youtube video released by the Premier League on Monday of Man U beating us 8-1

Are they taking the piss?

Why you hate us so much Premier League?

Never been more deflated with this game we love. It’s been 4 days since the verdict and we’re learning that we are facing another points deduction if we can’t raise £30+ by June 30th.

I’m a European championship year. Ain’t happening
This league is actually pointless being a part of it. Our financial means are not allowing us to compete, without having to weaken our team year over year

It really is a pointless and futile league run absolute asshats. Today I couldn’t careless if we go or down

Yes.

It's an absolute mess

Not content with no one knowing what the actual table looks like this season, they are zealously moving on to fucking up next season now
The EFL are also investigating them so if they get penalty points from them this season and are not promoted will any penalty points they get from the PL have to wait until they do get promoted!

Never been more deflated with this game we love. It’s been 4 days since the verdict and we’re learning that we are facing another points deduction if we can’t raise £30+ by June 30th.

I’m a European championship year. Ain’t happening
This league is actually pointless being a part of it. Our financial means are not allowing us to compete, without having to weaken our team year over year

It really is a pointless and futile league run absolute asshats. Today I couldn’t careless if we go or down
Best bit is, if we go down we get a points deduction whenever we go back up again unless we can sell 30m worth in a month.

I hadnt thought about the effect of the Euros, so yeah; zero chance

They have made an utter farce of it and the fact they are pursuing points deduction after points deduction on rules that are now defunct just makes it more laughable

Best bit is, if we go down we get a points deduction whenever we go back up again unless we can sell 30m worth in a month.

I hadnt thought about the effect of the Euros, so yeah; zero chance

They have made an utter farce of it and the fact they are pursuing points deduction after points deduction on rules that are now defunct just makes it more laughable
I’m 100% serious when it looks like we’d get more enjoyment out of relegation, and if Leicester bottle promotion, Derby go up (I cannot believe I’ve written that) so we have at least 4 games to look forward to, rather than zero

I’m 100% serious when it looks like we’d get more enjoyment out of relegation, and if Leicester bottle promotion, Derby go up (I cannot believe I’ve written that) so we have at least 4 games to look forward to, rather than zero
I'd rather not have a points deduction to look forward to in 23 years time.

But yeah, there are definite upsides to the championship

Never been more deflated with this game we love
The game we all knew & loved has gone I'm afraid at least at prem level I'm afraid & this season has had very little enjoyment attached to it.
I'm more or less resigned to our fate now, at least at champ level & below we get the chance to see the odd academy player come through, and hopefully progress & actually show some affinity with the club, not like some of these (not all) highly paid prima donnas we have now who have little if any feeling for the club & fans.

I'm not bothered about playing in the PL ever again, but that also removes any enjoyment of playing in the Championship as there is nothing to play for.

I feel we need to ditch the filthy fucking parasites of the football world like your Chelseas and Man Citys and let them form of a soulless European League that alienates the fans to leave the proper clubs to play football in a proper league that isn't infested with cockroaches.

I'd rather not have a points deduction to look forward to in 23 years time.

But yeah, there are definite upsides to the championship

Are we seriously saying if we go down this year that if we ever get back up again it will likely be with a points deduction to start the first season back.

Absolutely fucking so ridiculous it's hilarious. We have to stay up this season if this is true as otherwise we are never getting back in.

I mean let's make sure no one had any advantage, let's make those big spenders who have been in the championship start on minus points. It's not like it's difficult enough for them anyway.

Fucking hell Derby wouldnt have got to double digit points 🤣🤣