FFP charges? | Page 107 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

In other words, 13 out of 30 in the same situation

Do you know how many of those survived more than 2 seasons?

Four
Good point.

By cheating the standard course of events - non-parachute payments, promoted side - is relegation.

Hard to argue that our sporting integrity breach didn't result in a specific outcome.

It was tongue in cheek, so I feel no need to provide evidence.
The idea of EM starting a war with the EPL, given some of the more outrageous accusations against him, does conjure images of him becoming a supervillian, trying to destroy football.
On the contrary when this lot hits the media tomorrow a few home truths may be aired.

I can see what you're saying mate, & in many ways I agree, but it's just the unfairness of life isn't it we all (or most of us) have to abide by rules & laws some of which we don't like, we can all choose to ignore those we don't like but have to suffer the consequences if we get caught out
On the other hand, if an appeal finds that we shouldn't be deducted any points, such moralising won't apply.

I agree with abiding by laws, but I also insist that laws serve a useful purpose and do what they say on the tin. I don't see how Forest have gone against the spirit of any rule designed to enhance profit and sustainability.

EM should please sell up after today. Please don't tell me we didn't know what we were doing. I just dont believe it

How long did Cloughie take to build our reputation up? We'll now be remembered for the team that won the European Cup twice and breached the rules. Either we will go down and everybody will laugh at us or we'll stay up and everyone will claim we knew exactly what we were doing

I acknowledge the game has moved on but Cloughie won Div 1 with a team of apparent nobodies.

Horrible day for our club today? It can never be erased
Did Leicester fans give a shit when they won the Prem? Did anyone hark back to how they made a mockery of financial rules and dodged all punishment? Of course not. This is completely forgotten, if not next season then the one after. FFS, we lost far less than Everton, and we're out of P&S for a fat shorter period, yet the PL wanted us hit with an EIGHT point deduction? When Everton got 6?! Fucking insane.

Did Leicester fans give a shit when they won the Prem? Did anyone hark back to how they made a mockery of financial rules and dodged all punishment? Of course not. This is completely forgotten, if not next season then the one after. FFS, we lost far less than Everton, and we're out of P&S for a fat shorter period, yet the PL wanted us hit with an EIGHT point deduction? When Everton got 6?! Fucking insane.
Leicester have gotten away with it three times now, this will be their fourth

Absolutely valid Pope - there is no question. But sport is a rules based game and if rules are broken there are consequences, which in my opinion, we could have avoided and still stayed up. The "unfair element " is that in the knowledge that we were going to breach we still spent close to 45m in agents fees and transfers and wages etc in Jan 2023. That too me effectively said -sod everyone we'll take our chances. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Prem went for 8 points because it was a blatant two fingers up to the system

I hadnt forgotten Lynx. Id just rather the club played by the rules as at 30th June

Our current situation. Here is your "two fingers to the system" @toms

WT Analysis

@wt_analysis

It's not clear if this projected loss this season for #NFFC of £12m to £17m is an overall loss, or a PSR loss (remember some costs are excluded from PSR calculations).If this is the PSR loss, then at the end of the season, Forest could be looking at a 3-year rolling loss of between £95m and £100m, which would be over the permitted loss of £83m.

On the other hand, if an appeal finds that we shouldn't be deducted any points, such moralising won't apply.

I agree with abiding by laws, but I also insist that laws serve a useful purpose and do what they say on the tin. I don't see how Forest have gone against the spirit of any rule designed to enhance profit and sustainability.
If there is an appeal and the deduction is eradicated then that would have meant that the mitigations were completely valid and within the rules.

I've posted on here about Bairstow being run out by Carey. Within the rules but against the spirit of the rules . England lost that match and ultimately the Ashes

EM should please sell up after today. Please don't tell me we didn't know what we were doing. I just dont believe it

How long did Cloughie take to build our reputation up? We'll now be remembered for the team that won the European Cup twice and breached the rules. Either we will go down and everybody will laugh at us or we'll stay up and everyone will claim we knew exactly what we were doing

I acknowledge the game has moved on but Cloughie won Div 1 with a team of apparent nobodies.

Horrible day for our club today? It can never be erased

Didn’t think you were bothered by people breaking rules? Why do you vote for people who consistently flaunt the rules set. Should they move on too?

No point bitching and whining gents.its happened let's move forward.
Spot on...the much awaited guillotine has now fallen. The " unknown" is now known...let's concentrate on winning enough points to be clear if the bottom three. Everton used to be in the bottom three got a discount on their penalty nd they got out of the relegation zone... we can do the same...starting from the next round of matches after the break.

WT Analysis
@wt_analysis

It's not clear if this projected loss this season for #NFFC of £12m to £17m is an overall loss, or a PSR loss (remember some costs are excluded from PSR calculations).If this is the PSR loss, then at the end of the season, Forest could be looking at a 3-year rolling loss of between £95m and £100m, which would be over the permitted loss of £83m.
£47.5m for Johnson
£5m for Scarpa
£5m for Surridge
£25m for Mangala

£82m brought in there.

I would imagine the commission would not have written of the money we have brought in in such glowing terms if we were still in a position of breaching. You would imagine that if we were on course to breach yet again this would be noted as an aggrevating factor.

We'll also be selling Murillo at least this summer

Spot on...the much awaited guillotine has now fallen. The " unknown" is now known...let's concentrate on winning enough points to be clear if the bottom three. Everton used to be in the bottom three got a discount on their penalty nd they got out of the relegation zone... we can do the same...starting from the next round of matches after the break.
D you think that if I concentrate on us winning lots of points, we will win lots of points?

@toms if the rules said "newly promoted sides are only allowed to field 9 players in a match day squad" would you just say "oh fair enough, rules is rules"?

This is akin to a boxer moving up a weight class, but only being allowed to gain 1/3rd of the weight difference per year.

Our squad was 1/10th the value of the cheapest squad and 1/100th the value of Man City's squad. Yet we were expected to somehow compete with all those teams, whilst only being allowed a little over half their spending power and starting from a drastically lower base.

It's not right, it's not fair, and I don't actually give a fuck from a moral stand point that we've broken those appalling rules.

End of Seasons:

2021/2022 = 61m loss, max loss 26m ---- rolling 3 year +/- = -35m
2022/2023 = 96m loss, max loss 61m ---- rolling 3 year +/- = -35m
2023/2024 = 108m loss (at best), max loss 83m ---- rolling 3 year +/- = £25m

So, we're reducing our overall debt, but we're gonna be hit with another points penalty next season if we avoid relegation.

Of course, if we can sell one of the young guns before 30 June for £30m or so, maybe we can dodge a PSR charge.

30m, how ironic...

WT Analysis
@wt_analysis

In other words expect another points deduction next season if we are in the Prem. Huzzah!