FFP charges? | Page 104 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

And what about 'Waiting to get the correct fee for Johnson increased our profitablity and sustainability, so should be applauded and any punishment waived'.
I see where you're going with that line of argument but the whole point of the rules are to ensure that " the smaller clubs" are shafted so I can't agree with you.

The only way I see it as a gamble, is if they thought we would be so far up the league that 6 point deduction wouldn’t matter.
That’s as arrogant as it is stupid and until today I’d hoped we weren’t either of those.

There's something in the ruling saying that the financial plan submitted was based on us finishing 12th! Why didn't they plan for staying up by the skin of out teeth which would've been much more accurate. And sustainable.

Club firmly batting this back at the EPL

"We were extremely dismayed by the tone and content of the Premier League’s submissions before the Commission.

After months of engagement with the Premier League, and exceptional cooperation throughout, this was unexpected and has harmed the trust and confidence we had in the Premier League.

That the Premier League sought a sanction of eight points as a starting point was utterly disproportionate when compared to the nine points that their own rules prescribe for insolvency.

We were also surprised that the Premier League gave no consideration at all to the unique circumstances of the Club and its mitigation. In circumstances where this approach is followed by future PSR commissions, it would make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for newly promoted clubs without parachute payments to compete, thus undermining the integrity and competitiveness of the Premier League.

Whilst the Premier League may have called into question the Club’s business plan, the Club maintains that it responsibly balanced compliance with PSR with important investment into the squad to give us the ability to compete in the league for the first time in over 20 years.

Even after the Club had missed the PSR reporting deadline, it still took steps to ensure Brennan Johnson was sold before the end of the transfer window. That was a clear demonstration of our respect and support for PSR."

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2024/march/18/club-statement/

Club firmly batting this back at the EPL

"We were extremely dismayed by the tone and content of the Premier League’s submissions before the Commission.

After months of engagement with the Premier League, and exceptional cooperation throughout, this was unexpected and has harmed the trust and confidence we had in the Premier League.

That the Premier League sought a sanction of eight points as a starting point was utterly disproportionate when compared to the nine points that their own rules prescribe for insolvency.

We were also surprised that the Premier League gave no consideration at all to the unique circumstances of the Club and its mitigation. In circumstances where this approach is followed by future PSR commissions, it would make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for newly promoted clubs without parachute payments to compete, thus undermining the integrity and competitiveness of the Premier League.

Whilst the Premier League may have called into question the Club’s business plan, the Club maintains that it responsibly balanced compliance with PSR with important investment into the squad to give us the ability to compete in the league for the first time in over 20 years.

Even after the Club had missed the PSR reporting deadline, it still took steps to ensure Brennan Johnson was sold before the end of the transfer window. That was a clear demonstration of our respect and support for PSR."

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2024/march/18/club-statement/
It’s a brilliantly worded and written statement which needed stating

Particulalrly like this final cut:

"We believe that the high levels of cooperation the Club has shown during this process, and which are confirmed and recorded in the Commission's decision, were not reciprocated by the Premier League."
Yep.

Every club from 12th position down to 92nd should be applauding this statement. Eviscerated

Not making many friends are we? Having previously called out the refereeing body we have now said we think the League itself is bent. Don't know where this is going to end to be honest. The media will be all over this by tomorrow morning and we will be public enemy number one. For what it's worth though I agree with every fucking word.

That is an absolutely superb and spot on statement.

It just goes to show doesn't it?

Some of us have felt that the Premier League have been penalising us indirectly for months. We have been referred to as crazy, tin hats, etc. It has been very noticeable that a strong of absolutely insane refereeing performances and decisions have taken place since mid December; presumably when these charges were first being prepared.

The fact that the Premier League wanted 8 points just says it all.

Whether you believe it has come through in the matches or not, the Premier League absolutely DID have it in for us.

It is worth remembering that it is not just us who can appeal. The Premier League can as well. I wonder if they will?

I consider it absolutely grotesque. We cheated . We knew we cheated . We kep on spending. Then we co-operated. We didnt accept Athleticos June 30th offer.

We are Forest Fans buts lets not look for crumbs of comfort on a day when the club's reputation has been absolutely tarnished possibly for good.

Somehow, we have to move on try and stay up and hope Marinakis sells up to people who know what they are doing

Some of us have felt that the Premier League have been penalising us indirectly for months. We have been referred to as crazy, tin hats, etc. It has been very noticeable that a strong of absolutely insane refereeing performances and decisions have taken place since mid December; presumably when these charges were first being prepared.

Whether you believe it has come through in the matches or not, the Premier League absolutely DID have it in for us.

It is worth remembering that it is not just us who can appeal. The Premier League can as well. I wonder if they will?

That may well be the horse trading that might have been going on. If you don't we won't kind of deal.

I consider it absolutely grotesque. We cheated . We knew we cheated . We kep on spending. Then we co-operated. We didnt accept Athleticos June 30th offer.

We are Forest Fans buts lets not look for crumbs of comfort on a day when the club's reputation has been absolutely tarnished possibly for good.

Somehow, we have to move on try and stay up and hope Marinakis sells up to people who know what they are doing
It’s a brilliant statement around rules not fit for purpose and forbid teams from competing on an equal basis
Give your head a good shake FFS

The club is deflecting from its breach of the rules

Not making many friends are we? Having previously called out the refereeing body we have now said we think the League itself is bent. Don't know where this is going to end to be honest. The media will be all over this by tomorrow morning and we will be public enemy number one. For what it's worth though I agree with every fucking word.
And while disappointing to do so, we are 100% correct on both cases

Rubbish. We are guilty of being the wrong side of technicalities nothing more. How can strengthening a football clubs squad ever be perceived as cheating.

Keep shaking
We were warned in January by our own finance man and just carried on. This has got nothing to do with how unfair rules are. It's got everything to do with deliberately breaking the rules . Rules are black and white. You may hate them and so do I but we had an opportunity to meet them, like it seems Luton have

Toms, we didn't cheat.

This whole thing is not about cheating. Everton didn't cheat, Chelsea haven't cheated, Man City didn't cheat.

Breaking a rule and cheating are very different things and it's very unfair for you to conflate the two.

We got the financials wrong, clearly. We can disagree with the rule, we can argue it's unjust but we didn't do enough to comply with the rule. But we did not cheat

Rubbish. We are guilty of being the wrong side of technicalities nothing more. How can strengthening a football clubs squad ever be perceived as cheating.
Basta look at Luton. Are you trying to tell me that we couldnt have reached Luton's standard and met the rules?