FFP charges? | Page 103 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

The club refer to this indirectly in their statement I presume where they make the point that trading players is an entirely different proposition to trading other presumably inanimate commodities & allowances need to be made for this. We all know that buying or selling a player is a matter of a number of clubs getting their dominoes lined up so they fall in to place correctly which invariably takes time
I guess the argument is you shouldn’t be relying on selling one player to make the deadline. We put all our eggs in one basket or if you do we should have sold in January window
Interestingly we were 34 million over our 61 million allowed deficit which would have been below the 105 million that most other clubs had.

Of course it was a gamble, break the rules, stay up another year of Sky money, punishment this season yet to see if the gamble pays off if we stay up it did. Be in no doubt the club knew what they were doing
The only way I see it as a gamble, is if they thought we would be so far up the league that 6 point deduction wouldn’t matter.
That’s as arrogant as it is stupid and until today I’d hoped we weren’t either of those.

Im not intelligent enough to understand most of it but have scanned as much as I can. I don't see any references to all that accountancy practice many on here were telling us about GAP or something. Why is that? Unless I missed it. I thought people said this was our golden get of jail card?
It was all total bollox quite frankly

It was simple

1. As at 30th June were we in breach of rules?
2. What were the mitigating factors?

People on here were actually making a case for allowing the Johnson money by arguing for referencing an accountancy principle to something that could not have possibly have applied to the Johnson "transaction". It's quite simple -there was no deal for Johnno-no heads of terms in principle, nothing-should have accepted the offer of 50m on 30th June at the very least (to give us a fighting chance on this but subject to a confidentiality) but to be honest Im not sure that would have worked because it was contingent on Athletico selling (which may have never happened)

I don't like the fact we have quite blatantly sought to bend the rules

Mr Vrentzos says that “This was not an offer that was capable of acceptance as we knew that Atlético de Madrid had to sell a player before it could sign Player A”. The Premier League submitted that the offer could have been accepted on the conditional basis on which it was made. Entering into a conditional agreement during FY23 which would hopefully become unconditional very shortly after the year end would have been a “true near miss” and would have constituted “very powerful” mitigation.

It's weird because the PL themselves would see that as very powerful mitigation but the IC did not. There is a chink in the armour here and DiMarco could focus on that.

We argued that the end of the transfer window was a near miss. The IC say that waiting that long disrespects the rules and "flies in the face of mitigation".

"It could categorise a sale in the summer 2023 as a “near miss”, if it was truly near to the PSR deadline or at the first available reasonable opportunity proximate to the deadline."

They are pissed off that we didn't sell to Brentford early in the window, for any money that would have put us over the threshold.

Worse still, they say,
"In the eyes of the other clubs, had Forest sold Player A within the first few weeks following the PSR deadline, this would demonstrate a willingness to comply, so why not make the “miss” as near as it could? It may have cost Forest some money, but it would have demonstrated that Forest showed some respect for the Rules, its fellow clubs and the competition and reacted as soon as it could."

I think this is a fairly weak argument given that profit and sustainability is the literal name of the rules. Maybe we thought a miss was as good as a mile over the summer. But that argument is undermined a good bit by playing him in three games of the new season.
I hadnt read this before but its absolutely a spot on assessment . A conditional deal would have made it more of a near miss-a binding agreement

With everyone being a genius in hindsight why the. Bloody hell did the majority of clubs vote for the year end to end June 30th rather than August 31st so clubs can maximize the window for their biggest revenue opportunities

I agree it isn't. Was replying to someone suggesting they will get off under double jeopardy.
THis double jeopardy malarkey is the Everton fans spin on it. I've never really grasped their argument myself. I would have thought for a second offence they should be more harshly treated. If i remember in the report our previous compliance & "good behaviour" was taken into account

THis double jeopardy malarkey is the Everton fans spin on it. I've never really grasped their argument myself. I would have thought for a second offence they should be more harshly treated. If i remember in the report our previous compliance & "good behaviour" was taken into account
They have spent a shit load on beto who has contributed about as much as Richards did for us.

The only way I see it as a gamble, is if they thought we would be so far up the league that 6 point deduction wouldn’t matter.
That’s as arrogant as it is stupid and until today I’d hoped we weren’t either of those.
Gambling is a form of arrogance though isn't it people think they know better & can get one over the odds layer, & generally come unstuck but win a few & lose plenty. We haven't lost yet if we stay up we win massively