FFP charges? | Page 97 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

Nottingham Forest docked four points for Premier League financial rules breach​

Nottingham Forest have received a four-point deduction for breaching the Premier League’s profitability and sustainability rules, dropping them into the relegation zone, one point from the last safe spot.
An announcement from the Premier League is expected on Monday and Forest are likely to appeal. Luton, with whom Forest drew 1-1 on Saturday, have been lifted out of the bottom three by the punishment.

Forest admitted the breach but their defence was based around extenuating circumstances in relation to the sale of Brennan Johnson. The club received a £30m offer from Brentford early last summer but the forward was unwilling to move and Forest felt they could get more money for their star asset if they waited beyond the 30 June PSR deadline. Johnson was sold for £47.5m to Tottenham in September but an independent panel did not accept this defence.

not enough there. other than they have essentially rejected our arguments or offered 1 point back for each. no explanation as yet as to why that should be so. Everton sold early and we sold late but neither argument has been accepted.

atm looks like they are trying to take a black and white approach without having a watertight system.

Still nothing on the EPL or NFFC websites so I'm assuming that EPL are waiting for the clubs decision on whether to appeal or not.

Keiran Maguire just on now.

Said if index linked increase to £105m losses from when introduced it would now be over £200m.

Also has said he believes we were offered something slightly lower if we agreed not to appeal. That is blackmail isn't it.

Can I just repeat my observations about Da Marco, which were shot down at the time by Pope a number of other Vital experts.

Keiran Maguire just on now.

Said if index linked increase to £105m losses from when introduced it would now be over £200m.

Also has said he believes we were offered something slightly lower if we agreed not to appeal. That is blackmail isn't it.
I don’t think that’s in the ICs power to do that.

What's the point of an appeal? Would the theory be that the next set of " independent " people look upon our case more favourably than the last " independant" people ? Don't forget there is no set scale for these points deductions, they can and have made it up as they have gone along, they have given us 4, what's to say that if we had won on Saturday it wouldn't have been 6? Don't forget that's what most " experts" we're expecting. Take the 4 and tell the likes of Sangare to get his fucking arse into gear and start earning their fucking wages.