FFP charges? | Page 141 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

I don't think you actually understand the implications of this.

We are £35m over for 22/23. That means we would need to be £35m under for 23/24 under a 3 year cycle. If we were just on target for 23/24 we would still get punished for the same year of spending putting us over on the 3 year cycle.

In this case we wouldn't be repeat offenders. We would be being punished up to three times for the same year of overspending
According to the Everton ruling we have been penalised for 22/23 and is now capped. So the three years being judged are 21/22, last yr in championship little Expenditure. 22/23 now capped and 23/24 when we sold BJ and Mangala and bought Samgare and Dominguez both amortised. No problem. The amount amortised is mounting but is within limits. Just need to stay up then strengthen.

According to the Everton ruling we have been penalised for 22/23 and is now capped. So the three years being judged are 21/22, last yr in championship little Expenditure. 22/23 now capped and 23/24 when we sold BJ and Mangala and bought Samgare and Dominguez both amortised. No problem. The amount amortised is mounting but is within limits. Just need to stay up then strengthen.
Is that the case?

Very good news if that is how they have worded it.

Hard to see how a 3 year cycle even works with that though

Is that the case?

Very good news if that is how they have worded it.

Hard to see how a 3 year cycle even works with that though
As I have said before I am at a complete loss as to the IC logic and explanations but that is implied in their ruling. Need clarification from IC/PL. all change in summer so could be irrelevant. Could make up complete new ruling on Forest appeal then something different on Everton appeal. Dogs breakfast and lawyers field day.

Are you sure about that?

Didnt the ruling state that was an EFL edict and it did not transpose to the PL?

Looks like points as penalties for breaches of PSR are still going to exist next season only the rules will change despite that recent article suggesting otherwise. The clubs are meeting today on a scheduled meeting in which this is one of the main issues being discussed. The fact it’s led to a complete farce doesn’t seem to have registered particularly to the clubs. This comes from Sky sports

P&S out after next year and Squad cost control in for 25/26 season. Nothing I have read about fixed penalties. To be rubber stamped in June.

Not finished watching it yet but their last pod was interesting to listen to especially from Sam Cuthbert's POV.

JUst been listening to chap on SSN talking about the shenanigans at Chelsea enabling them to satisfy PSR by selling their hotel to themselves & booking a £60m profit.

It strikes me that is pretty much what Derby did with their ground. Apparently they would not have been allowed to do it in the EFL & if they were in European competition it is against UEFA rules as well.

It appears it's only in the PL can you get away with such financial sleight of hand & get away with it, another string to the bow of those that call the PL corrupt, and favour the cartel 6.

JUst been listening to chap on SSN talking about the shenanigans at Chelsea enabling them to satisfy PSR by selling their hotel to themselves & booking a £60m profit.

It strikes me that is pretty much what Derby did with their ground. Apparently they would not have been allowed to do it in the EFL & if they were in European competition it is against UEFA rules as well.

It appears it's only in the PL can you get away with such financial sleight of hand & get away with it, another string to the bow of those that call the PL corrupt, and favour the cartel 6.
They have sold hotels to a company they own to reduce their 248m losses to 94m

Shady shit

I did wonder if we could sell a player for £20 million to Olympiakos on the 30th June, then buy them back on the 1st July.............

I did wonder if we could sell a player for £20 million to Olympiakos on the 30th June, then buy them back on the 1st July.............
Why not, or even better loan them back. Perhaps instead of hotels EM could set up a shipping company under Forest umbrella then we could ships to ourselves & claim a massive profit.

Agree with all the above. I didn’t really want us to do this initially as I thought it was a ‘bad look’ but after everything’s that’s happened, I hope we do it and do it blatantly.
Well if they are going to let the ‘big’ clubs do it then they can’t have any legitimate argument to stop us doing the same. So bollocks to them, do whatever we need to do.

I listened to that Seasiders. They actually sold 2 prime London properties which is advantage itself to a company they own themselves. Which is disgusting in itself but apparently as long as they went for the market price which they did it’s ok! Really that doesn’t apply to selling players though does it!,

I said this before. Doesn't even have to be Oly - sure we could find a club to be involved for a fee somewhere in Europe.