Favourite films... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Favourite films...

In the current situation, I would strongly, very strongly, recommend anyone and everyone to watch "V for Vendetta" which is, in my humble opinion, a brilliant film.

One of my favourite bands did a re-score for this. Link below if you're interested (probably also on YouTube somewhere).

https://65daysofstatic.bandcamp.com/album/silent-running

Nothing to do with the film or its music, but we've seen the Paul Carrack band perform the song of the same title (orig released by Mike and the Mechanics) a number times in Stoke - I always found it quite a spine tingler - plus I'm a fan of tenor sax. This clip is a from different venue; although you don't see much of him, Mrs S finds the bassist, Jeremy Meek, "cool"

Blade Runner
Apocalypse Now

And a trio of comedies - can watch Pythons Holy Grail and Life of Brian and still find them fresh; and Airplane is still ridiculously funny.

Oh, and Spinal Tap. Stonehenge and the never making it to the stage scenes get me every time. And the chrysalis thing getting stuck. And 11.....

Bumping this so it is more visible on 100% Imps before I move it back after this post!

Blade Runner
Apocalypse Now

And a trio of comedies - can watch Pythons Holy Grail and Life of Brian and still find them fresh; and Airplane is still ridiculously funny.

Oh, and Spinal Tap. Stonehenge and the never making it to the stage scenes get me every time. And the chrysalis thing getting stuck. And 11.....

Which version of Bladerunner, though? I think there about 100, now. :lol:

But yes, absolute classic.

Moulin Rouge was a really good film that didn't get the recognition it deserved. The choreography was brilliant and well worth an award. Can't help feeling politics was at play

Blues Brothers and Animal House......" fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son!"