Favourite films... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Favourite films...

Rob the Imp

Vital Football Hero
I'm not sure where you can find it to stream, but Whiplash is a good film too (watched it on a plane last year). Very intense film about an elite music school, a drummer attending the establishment and the teacher who is terrifying in his pursuit of perfection.

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
Dark Star. A pretty wild 70s comedy pre-cursor to Alien (I think Dan O'Bannon worked on both). Well worth a look, if only for the talking bomb.

Eweimps

Vital Squad Member
I’ve just watched a bio on BBC i player called “Marvellous” about a guy, Neil Baldwin who became the kit man for Stoke City under Lou Macari in the 90’s. Really uplifting feel good film with a few cameo performances,and well worth a watch

Rob the Imp

Vital Football Hero
I’ve just watched a bio on BBC i player called “Marvellous” about a guy, Neil Baldwin who became the kit man for Stoke City under Lou Macari in the 90’s. Really uplifting feel good film with a few cameo performances,and well worth a watch
That is a great film. Funny and strangely moving! Great performance by Toby Jones.

Chesterimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Heads up, but will need iplayer or a recorder as the pillocks reponsible for BBC scheduling have put on at the same time the following crackers on Friday night:-

The Shining- surely one of the greatest all time horror movies. Heeere's Johnny! BBC1, 10.50.

For a Few Dollars More - ditto Westerns. BBC2, 11.20.

Honestly! Wall to wall crap most of the time and then they do that.

stokeimp

Vital Squad Member
Can't say I am a great fan of horror films, but well remember going to see Blind Terror when it came out. I used to scare myself silly when laying in the bath after that, letting my imagination run wild