Favourite films... | Page 4 | Vital Football

Favourite films...

Has anyone mentioned

The wild and the willing

much of it filmed in Lincoln

I remember the addition to the tower that was built. Another good film, obviously more powerful "in its day". There's one scene/dialogue in the changing room after a rugby match which would be deemed un-pc now

I remember the addition to the tower that was built. Another good film, obviously more powerful "in its day". There's one scene/dialogue in the changing room after a rugby match which would be deemed un-pc now

I must be honest, I've never seen it. I just saw the first four minutes on YouTube and saw the bit you refer to.

Has anyone mentioned

The wild and the willing

much of it filmed in Lincoln
In probably one of his earliest films John Hurt was always a favourite of mine in many diverse roles, 10 Rillington Place, Elephant Man being just two. However 1984 also starring Richard Burton in his last ever role is my favourite film of all time along with The Killing Fields (Mike Oldfield soundtrack) from the same era.

John Hurt was a boarder at the Lincoln School (his father was a vicar at Cleethorpes), so would have known uphill Lincoln pretty well.

According to Wiki, The W & W was his first film.

It seems ages since we went to the Cinema to see a film .... can anyone recommend one on Netflix, as I'm still suffering from cold turkey that Ozark has finished?

It seems ages since we went to the Cinema to see a film .... can anyone recommend one on Netflix, as I'm still suffering from cold turkey that Ozark has finished?
Have you got Amazon Prime? Just started watching a series called Bosch. He's a cop but does things his own way.

If not Mindhunter on Netflix is good.

Have you got Amazon Prime? Just started watching a series called Bosch. He's a cop but does things his own way.

If not Mindhunter on Netflix is good.

Bosch is pretty good. The early novels by Michael Connelly are well worth a read. Top-notch American cop procedural fiction.

George is the finest example of a hen pecked husband there has ever been on British tv,he certainly would never have been allowed to go to the footy on a Saturday if he wanted to go to Sinny Bank.
It has been mooted in the press that George is to return to the screen in a new topical series,not George and Mildred(r.i.p.) but George and Coronavirus,showing how he is dealing with self isolation,how he laughs the issue off when facing the fear of covid19 which forms a cluster in his neighbourhood.