Farage | Page 2 | Vital Football

Farage

Spot on,all lying bastards,always jam tomorrow never jam today,I think is the terminology

Trouble is that the electorate always votes for the one who tells the biggest lies.

Over promising, under delivering is the best strategy.

Worked for Leave campaign. They fooled the electorate that a lucrative deal would be the easiest deal. The voters fell for it.

Worked for Boris in the Tory leadership. Promised to leave at the end of October even though virtually all of the other contenders publicly told him that the parliamentary arithmetic was not there. The voters fell for it.

My advice for Lib Dems, Labour, Greens, SNP. Promise to lower taxes to zero, double spending in NHS, schools and police, promise free rail travel, TV licenses, no stamp duty, abolish VAT...

...then on 13 Dec, gradually roll back from your promises and cover it up with some smears and blame problems on the mess left by the outgoing administration.

Trouble is that the electorate always votes for the one who tells the biggest lies.

Over promising, under delivering is the best strategy.

Worked for Leave campaign. They fooled the electorate that a lucrative deal would be the easiest deal. The voters fell for it.

Worked for Boris in the Tory leadership. Promised to leave at the end of October even though virtually all of the other contenders publicly told him that the parliamentary arithmetic was not there. The voters fell for it.

My advice for Lib Dems, Labour, Greens, SNP. Promise to lower taxes to zero, double spending in NHS, schools and police, promise free rail travel, TV licenses, no stamp duty, abolish VAT...

...then on 13 Dec, gradually roll back from your promises and cover it up with some smears and blame problems on the mess left by the outgoing administration.

Do you think 17.4m people will just accept what's going on ?
For over three years , every attempt possible has been used to frustrate the will of those people.
The one thing about Boris I believe , is that democracy must be seen to be enacted , and if it isn't , he warns of disorder and breakdown.
Whatever happens , whether the stalemate continues or inevitably one side 'wins' , the other side will be very disappointed.

For over three years , every attempt possible has been used to frustrate the will of those people.
For two years and 8 months Theresa May was dickering about with the Tory Party with her agreement, which non-one accepted but on the third vote had ERG and DUP MPs voted for it May's deal would have gone through. Then we had Boris dickering around for another three months then expected Parliament to pass perhaps the most important Bill ever in the UK in three days. As far as I can see, only Leavers have frustrated the will of the people.

Whatever happens , whether the stalemate continues or inevitably one side 'wins' , the other side will be very disappointed.
You may have hit the nail on the head; you can't expect a decision made by a wafer thin majority to be passed by ignoring a major stakeholder in the UK's future.

He has shown that he isnt.
His recent posts have been rants , and he is coming across as a rather angry/nasty man.
Imagine his teachings to a generation of children.

ps. He's blocked me so can't see my posts ?
He blocked me too, and delights in telling everyone repeatedly. He is a hate filled bigot, I'm just glad he never taught my kids.

You can tell how bad his posts must have been on this thread, even his boyf Rotherhithe Gills hasn't liked any of them!

He has shown that he isnt.
His recent posts have been rants , and he is coming across as a rather angry/nasty man.
Imagine his teachings to a generation of children.

ps. He's blocked me so can't see my posts ?

Retirement has turned him into a Wayne!

Elect me says Farage but I don't want to be in politics I go better things to do.I'd like be ambassador to USA and earn millions helping my mate Donald flood Britain with all their crap. I will have a few of my followers do the dirty work in Westminster if anyone is mug enough to vote for them. Frankly Nigel you are finally starting to show your true colours.

For two years and 8 months Theresa May was dickering about with the Tory Party with her agreement, which non-one accepted but on the third vote had ERG and DUP MPs voted for it May's deal would have gone through. Then we had Boris dickering around for another three months then expected Parliament to pass perhaps the most important Bill ever in the UK in three days. As far as I can see, only Leavers have frustrated the will of the people.
May was a remainer, she campaigned for remain before becoming PM.

May was a remainer, she campaigned for remain before becoming PM.
What does that have to do with the price of eggs? Her stumbling block was NI. Leaver Boris has adopted 95% of May's deal and put in an alternative and also unworkable NI solution. So, based on Boris' tack not sure what May's initial preference had to do with it. Her problem was putting Party before Nation - something Boris was also guilty of. May being a Remainer just fuels the myth. Boris was always very pro Europe but, as Cameron said, he adopted a Leave profile in order to further his own ambitions [to become PM].

Re "window licker"-gate... I think this sums up the ethos of the left. As we saw in the commons recently with Phillips, Sherman and the other blob of an MP, whose name I have forgotten: they love to seek and cry victimhood, whine about the abuse they have suffered and had to endure, whilst snarling, shouting and spewing hatred of others left, right and centre!

In respect of Farage, I am a fan and admire what he did to drive forward the case for a referendum and his influence in winning it. However, even I am starting to tire of him now. He either wants to complete Brexit utopia, which is never going to happen, and the process of achieving it may risk no Brexit at all. Or he, as some of his haters have said, is just in it for himself and part of him disingenuously or at least subconsciously wants the status quo to continue, so he can continue to make a living as an anti-EU/establishment political and media figure, which suits him quite well financially. There's certainly no pragmatism in his approach.

In respect of Farage, I am a fan and admire what he did to drive forward the case for a referendum and his influence in winning it. However, even I am starting to tire of him now. He either wants to complete Brexit utopia, which is never going to happen, and the process of achieving it may risk no Brexit at all. Or he, as some of his haters have said, is just in it for himself and part of him disingenuously or at least subconsciously wants the status quo to continue, so he can continue to make a living as an anti-EU/establishment political and media figure, which suits him quite well financially. There's certainly no pragmatism in his approach.
Well said young man [well you're younger than me]. The time has passed surely for another protest vote that would be the case by ticking the Brexit Party box as it could almost certainly throw Westminster into even more disarray. Ideally, we need to be back to a party with a workable majority [no more knife edge stuff] and an opposition that does its job in holding the Govt. to account.

Re "window licker"-gate... I think this sums up the ethos of the left. As we saw in the commons recently with Phillips, Sherman and the other blob of an MP, whose name I have forgotten: they love to seek and cry victimhood, whine about the abuse they have suffered and had to endure, whilst snarling, shouting and spewing hatred of others left, right and centre!

On the contrary: it shows the absolute cynicism and hypocrisy of the far right, for ever banging on about PC gone mad and free speech for hate preachers like Yaxley-Lennon, but turning into the most sensitive of snowflakes whenever it happens to suit.

Gills58 unwittingly used a poor expression in his post, was called out on it, and was big enough to apologise. But that was still not enough to stop a massive pile-on, with a dash of homophobia thrown in for good measure.

It seems free speech is fine if you're clever enough to simply imply wholesale slurs about certain races, religions or political persuasions, but woe betide anyone who speaks up directly against it. Then the pearl-clutching starts and it becomes clear that it's not at all about free speech, but about closing down anyone else's right to dissent.

Nice bit of fat shaming in your righteous post.

Nice bit of fat shaming in your righteous post.

Where have I ever claimed I don't use such language/tone in my posts or generally or where have I ever complained about others doing so? If my post didn't make it patently clear, it's the hypocrisy I was moaning about.

On the contrary: it shows the absolute cynicism and hypocrisy of the far right, for ever banging on about PC gone mad and free speech for hate preachers like Yaxley-Lennon, but turning into the most sensitive of snowflakes whenever it happens to suit.

Gills58 unwittingly used a poor expression in his post, was called out on it, and was big enough to apologise. But that was still not enough to stop a massive pile-on, with a dash of homophobia thrown in for good measure.

It seems free speech is fine if you're clever enough to simply imply wholesale slurs about certain races, religions or political persuasions, but woe betide anyone who speaks up directly against it. Then the pearl-clutching starts and it becomes clear that it's not at all about free speech, but about closing down anyone else's right to dissent.

I can't speak for the far right, but my issue isn't people using aggressive/near the mark comments, criticism or arguments, it was the hypocrisy of the left forever whining about aggressions, abuse and name calling, whilst indulging in such practices themselves - in the recent case I refer to in parliament, pretty much in the same sentences. If someone abuses me, I won't whine about it, I'll give it back - but I certainly won't moan about the content whilst I am responding in kind!

"Unwittingly"? Are you serious saying he didn't understand the origin of the phrase "window licker"?

He's apologised and he has edited his post, but you are calling people out for "piling on"! We all do that, and you are as guilty as anyone else.