Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch! | Page 11 | Vital Football

Fao Farmer Imp re Training ground Pitch!

Must seem a bit surreal to be training in a farmer’s field, to what all intents and purposes it still is, albeit on very lush green grass. Will be very impressive once it is all complete. Have they constructed a tall net yet to save the cars on the A15 (including mine) from being struck by wayward shots?
Not yet but its quite low down the pitch nr the road plus quite a big hedge already.

I must admit it nearly brings a lump to the throat to see the players on green grass when on April 14th, it was still growing a crop of seed wheat. Amazing transformation and one which I’m incredibly honoured to of been involved in from the start. Still lots to do and the grass will keep improving right into the winter with Jim’s expertise.

I must admit it nearly brings a lump to the throat to see the players on green grass when on April 14th, it was still growing a crop of seed wheat. Amazing transformation and one which I’m incredibly honoured to of been involved in from the start. Still lots to do and the grass will keep improving right into the winter with Jim’s expertise.
You’ve done a great job keeping us all up date with goings on at the training ground. I have to say it’s been one of my favourite threads and I’m anticipating more footage especially as the building progresses. No pressure!!! Especially with harvest fast approaching!!!

"Still growing a crop of seed wheat" on April 14th - does that mean it'll grow through the grass at some stage?. Only joking - brilliant job with all the updates and your involvement in the whole process FarmerImp - looking forward to seeing the final product. ???

"Still growing a crop of seed wheat" on April 14th - does that mean it'll grow through the grass at some stage?. Only joking - brilliant job with all the updates and your involvement in the whole process FarmerImp - looking forward to seeing the final product. ???
A good dose of Glyphosate (Round Up to you gardeners) made sure we started with a clean site.

You’ve done a great job keeping us all up date with goings on at the training ground. I have to say it’s been one of my favourite threads and I’m anticipating more footage especially as the building progresses. No pressure!!! Especially with harvest fast approaching!!!
Cheers. Apologies for lack of videos in last 2 weeks, I went on holiday to Crete just after the Lincs show, only got home 4 am today. The pics I’ve been posting are ones I’ve been sent from others in the project. Normal service will resume!!

Harvest is very early this year, earliest I’ve ever known but I’m sure I’ll find time . . . . . for farm work!???

Cheers. Apologies for lack of videos in last 2 weeks, I went on holiday to Crete just after the Lincs show, only got home 4 am today. The pics I’ve been posting are ones I’ve been sent from others in the project. Normal service will resume!!

Harvest is very early this year, earliest I’ve ever known but I’m sure I’ll find time . . . . . for farm work!???

I thought farmers only took holidays in the winter? :grinning:

Farmer I know had to get special permission to go his Honeymoon in the middle of Summer from his family! :eek!:

Ok, its been a week now & I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms. Any chance of an update on the condition of the pitches (seeded mainly - I'm assuming the turfed one is Ok and being trained on). How is the building work coming on?
Also, haven't seen anything about the SB pitch - assume that's all ready to go for the new season as they've played friendlies, but it looked just a touch thin in one or two patches to me which surprised me - maybe just a trick of the light.

Ok, its been a week now & I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms. Any chance of an update on the condition of the pitches (seeded mainly - I'm assuming the turfed one is Ok and being trained on). How is the building work coming on?
Also, haven't seen anything about the SB pitch - assume that's all ready to go for the new season as they've played friendlies, but it looked just a touch thin in one or two patches to me which surprised me - maybe just a trick of the light.