Fans owned club | Page 6 | Vital Football

Fans owned club

They want him to reduce his valuation when they have no idea what it actually is or whether anyone is interested at any price.
As I say, if Scally out, who in?
As it stands, it looks like he’s stuck with us and can’t shift the club.
Would the SOB be satisfied if Scally publicly announced that the business was for sale at £X amount and the first person to match that figure could have it without proving their motivation?

All we know is no one ahem "suitable" has come forward. No chance he will ever make details public.

Do all you can to facilitate a sale is all I ask.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
damned if you do, dammed if you don’t.

(a) Extra on the day is just another way of saying discount for buying early depending on whether you want to be negative or positive.[/QUOTE]
Sure, "discount for buying early" is a more positive spin....
...which makes sense only when near full capacity is known to be likely.

(b) how big would a club need to be to have more than one sales point ? That does seem unrealistic.
Have you forgotten that, in living memory, "customers" could pay cash at any turnstile ?

(c) What phone system doesn’t require queuing ?
GP, Virginmedia, Tax Office, Fridge Freezer repair line have all recently had me waiting longer than 40 minutes also with issues of being cut off.
Please re-read what I wrote.
My complaint was technical - either a faulty system or someone using the wrong setting.
(And I made a point of praising the staff !)

That said, just because GPs, Virginmedia etc have phone queue issues is no reason to lay down and accept them unquestioningly.

"40 minutes" ??? You're far too patient !:unsure:

People used to complain that pay on the day led to major queues at the ticket office with people missing the kick off. Now you seem to be saying we should have the same system because otherwise we put off casual punters. The other problem affecting everything is that so many suggestions require more staff that we can’t get because of staffing issues. That’s clearly not just an issue affecting football. The club continues to advertise for staff on an almost continual basis.
Again - please read what I wrote.

All we know is no one suitable has come forward. No chance he will ever make details public.

Do all you can to facilitate a sale is all I ask.
My problem is that I see putting the club up for sale formally will in itself carry a huge risk. We may think everyone knows exactly the situation at Gillingham. I’m sure that people don’t take that close an interest. What do you think the reaction in the wider world would be to Gillingham FC being put up for sale ? Remember, any business the size of Gillingham is dependant on credit and the goodwill of suppliers. Is there not a danger that creditors would be spooked and suppliers would be less willing to supply because they fear that the club is in financial trouble ? The danger I see is that the very action of putting the club up for sale in a very public way would precipitate a financial crisis that we are not currently in. The cynic in me suggests that is exactly what the Scally Out mob want as many of them have argued that any damage to the club is worth it if it gets Scally out. Precisely why I have no time for them.

damned if you do, dammed if you don’t.

(a) Extra on the day is just another way of saying discount for buying early depending on whether you want to be negative or positive.[/QUOTE]
Sure, "discount for buying early" is a more positive spin....
...which makes sense only when near full capacity is known to be likely.

Have you forgotten that, in living memory, "customers" could pay cash at any turnstile ?

Please re-read what I wrote.
My complaint was technical - either a faulty system or someone using the wrong setting.
(And I made a point of praising the staff !)

That said, just because GPs, Virginmedia etc have phone queue issues is no reason to lay down and accept them unquestioningly.

"40 minutes" ??? You're far too patient !:unsure:

Again - please read what I wrote.[/QUOTE]
You hardly made it clear that you were talking about reintroducing cash turnstiles, which by the way I hardly see as realistic in the current climate. You might think long waits on the phone are unacceptable. My point is that getting through immediately to any organisation is almost completely unheard of in my experience. What makes Gills different in that respect ? Illogical.

There used to be a regular poster who backed Scally in everything.
I wonder what happened to him and I wonder why I can’t remember his username 🙄
Durham recently voted in a poll held so I would guess he still regularly reads this message board.

What did the Club do to retain the interest of even part of those 40,000 ?
Where was the marketing - the reminders to the less committed of when Gills were at Home ?

And IIRC, that was around the same time that obstacles for casual fans grew.
a) extra ££ for pay on day
b) only one sales point (the Ticket Office)
c) given a) and b), a phone system at the T.O. that would either have one permanently queuing (always "you are second in the queue") or cut one off after 20 minutes or so.
Pls Note; Once through, staff were overwhelmingly helpful.(y)

Completey agree mate.

.[/QUOTE]

Great shout. Simple solution with unreserved blocks.

If it doesn't work then fine but at least we tried something.

The whole self service pumps and Whitney nights are a bit of fun Trash bat.

A bit of fun?

Come on mark. You are regular on the fans duscussion forum. It’s hardly a “bit of fun”. It is used to pour derision and scorn on PS and GFC at every single opportunity. Every single one of them basically wills those things (shows, factory, banqueting etc) to fail. They’d hate to see PS get extra income into the club, because heaven forbid we might get a bit extra budget to increase the playing budget and be successful (or as they would have you think, straight into his pockets).

I struggle with yours and others claims that the SOB don't know what they want. They want him gone. They want him to sell the club to someone else.

They want that alright. But the thing is they want that at all costs to the club. They only want it because a lot of them have a built-in hatred for PS. No other reason. The rest is just honey on top.

Not too many of them are like you mark. More than one of them has openly stated they’d welcome administration (and even the club folding) so long as he is gone.

Their “leader” Fred has stated he’d prefer SE gone because Scally only hired him to take the heat off himself. He thought everyone would hate SE and leave PS alone. Fred has also trolled the Dauville guy on Twitter trying to turn him off Scally and away from investing in Gills. He basically doesn’t want any money or success coming Gills way. Think about that. He’s the leading voice in there and not many of his “followers” ever question that. They must want that too.

So, yes, they want Scally gone. But with no other ideas other than he must sell. And whatever happens to the club is no issue. They are literally trying to run the club into the ground to get their wish.

A bit of fun?

Come on mark. You are regular on the fans duscussion forum. It’s hardly a “bit of fun”. It is used to pour derision and scorn on PS and GFC at every single opportunity. Every single one of them basically wills those things (shows, factory, banqueting etc) to fail. They’d hate to see PS get extra income into the club, because heaven forbid we might get a bit extra budget to increase the playing budget and be successful (or as they would have you think, straight into his pockets).

They want that alright. But the thing is they want that at all costs to the club. They only want it because a lot of them have a built-in hatred for PS. No other reason. The rest is just honey on top.

Not too many of them are like you mark. More than one of them has openly stated they’d welcome administration (and even the club folding) so long as he is gone.

Their “leader” Fred has stated he’d prefer SE gone because Scally only hired him to take the heat off himself. He thought everyone would hate SE and leave PS alone. Fred has also trolled the Dauville guy on Twitter trying to turn him off Scally and away from investing in Gills. He basically doesn’t want any money or success coming Gills way. Think about that. He’s the leading voice in there and not many of his “followers” ever question that. They must want that too.

So, yes, they want Scally gone. But with no other ideas other than he must sell. And whatever happens to the club is no issue. They are literally trying to run the club into the ground to get their wish.

Keefy it’s https://www.bauvill.co.uk/
That’s the name of the sponsors and their chief you are taking about is called Damien South - he appeared in one of the Chairman’s chats sat around the table with Scally at the team hotel for an away game.

Keefy it’s https://www.bauvill.co.uk/
That’s the name of the sponsors and their chief you are taking about is called Damien South - he appeared in one of the Chairman’s chats sat around the table with Scally at the team hotel for an away game.

That was him, thanks Lark.

Imagine being so dead set against GFC and PS that you’d do all you could to drive an investor or sponsors away. Meanwhile saying “I’m a Gills fan. I’m never unhappy about a win” 🙄

That was him, thanks Lark.

Imagine being so dead set against GFC and PS that you’d do all you could to drive an investor or sponsors away. Meanwhile saying “I’m a Gills fan. I’m never unhappy about a win” 🙄
Yes it’s become a strange obsession for Fred and his cronies.

The whole self service pumps and Whitney nights are a bit of fun Trash bat.

Perhaps for some. But the SOB have weaponised this stuff and used it to be critical of PS. It must be disheartening to work hard to bring in additional income only to have a bunch of people poking fun at it. It’s bullying full stop.

I struggle with yours and others claims that the SOB don't know what they want. They want him gone. They want him to sell the club to someone else.

That’s a principle rather than what they want. To achieve Scally Out, they need to have a plan; a list of demands... ...a specific 10 point plan such as:

1. PS and SOB to engage independent external advisors jointly to produce valuation of the club.
2. PS to market the sale of the club by releasing a statement of his intent to sell 100% of his shares, published on the club website.
3. PS and SOB to engage independent external advisors to validate all offers that meet valuation against credibility criteria (e.g. pass AML tests, proof of funds, passes fit and proper test etc.)
4. PS and the buyer to commit to complete the sale of 100% of shares within 6 months of agreement in principle for the sale of shares.
5. PS and SOB to engage external vendors to report of monthly basis on all offers made for the club, redacted where necessary for commercial sensitivities.
6. PS to set up committee including fan representation to vet potential buyers for suitability.
Etc
Etc

I think you putting too much emphasis on the mocking of Whitney and self service pumps but then it suits your argument to do so OSK.

These are just the symptoms.

The most extreme of the SOB are too extreme but actually have very limited influence or power. They are a distraction that you seem too focused on.

The SOB are not the biggest danger to the club. Let's talk about the missing fans who no longer go on a regular basis. Whether it's apathy, protest or the lack of self service pumps it makes no difference to the reduced income from their attendance.

That should be the key issue

Last edited:
Trashbat - the SOB don't get a say in the process and you know that as well as I do.

It's a private matter for the owner. To facilitate the sale to a person or group with the resources to take us forward we simply ask he reduces the price. There is no need to complicate it further. I don't even know how doing so supports your argument.

It's up to scally whether he sells or not. I hope he's planning ahead. Forget the protests they have never been the loudest voice in the room.

Those who have walked away for whatever reason are. He should be asking what sort of attendances will I be getting next season and is that sustainable.

We can only speculate but unless something miraculous happens in terms of form I can see gates dropping by another 500. Pure speculation on my part but surely we can agree that people are fed up with the direction of travel. Can we at least agree on that ?

MiK - the SOB don't get a say in the decision as to who owns the club and you know that as well as I do!

Which is exactly what I said. It was your post that identifies that they need to come up with a plan !

All fans can do is express their concerns on how the club is run, be silent or walk away. I appreciate that many would prefer the middle "in scally we trust" option but its the last group that will have the biggest influence on the clubs future.

Trashbat - the SOB don't get a say in the process and you know that as well as I do.

It's a private matter for the owner. To facilitate the sale to a person or group with the resources to take us forward we simply ask he reduces the price. There is no need to complicate it further. I don't even know how doing so supports your argument.

It's up to scally whether he sells or not. I hope he's planning ahead. Forget the protests they have never been the loudest voice in the room.

Those who have walked away for whatever reason are. He should be asking what sort of attendances will I be getting next season and is that sustainable.

We can only speculate but unless something miraculous happens in terms of form I can see gates dropping by another 500. Pure speculation on my part but surely we can agree that people are fed up with the direction of travel. Can we at least agree on that ?
No. Because two top 10 finishes followed by a season of struggle is not a “direction of travel”. Who knows what the crowds would have been last season given our relatively strong showing.

No. Because two top 10 finishes followed by a season of struggle is not a “direction of travel”. Who knows what the crowds would have been last season given our relatively strong showing.

You are entitled to your view Waldo and if you believe we are moving in a positive direction then I respect that you have that view.

I don't agree with you though.

Which is exactly what I said. It was your post that identifies that they need to come up with a plan !

All fans can do is express their concerns on how the club is run, be silent or walk away. I appreciate that many would prefer the middle "in scally we trust" option but its the last group that will have the biggest influence on the clubs future.

Scally says “I don’t know what Scally Out means”.

It’s incumbent on the SOB to explain what it means. That means they needs to have a Point of View about what is acceptable to them otherwise they’ll be no end to shenanigans.