Fans Forum 2 - 09/03 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fans Forum 2 - 09/03

Thanks for the summary points. Everyone is saying the right things.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Brad agrees that NH underperformed before the takeover…

…and expectations for next season are promotion. I’m sure if a budget were available to be competitive at the top end, they would be be happy with mid table mediocrity.

I think you are pretty right there Trashy. I also couldn’t help but notice Brad didn’t say NH was a “good manager” or is “our chosen manager”. Classy, yes, positive, yes, Shannon likes him, hmmmm? 😁 and a comment about “the support is completely there”. Not sure if that means “he’s got all the support and tools to do well”, or “we fully support him”.

If nothing else, I think he’s made sure NH realises he still has to prove his worth.

As for next season. There’s a lot more of the comments around that on Twitter and Facebook.

I think BG is definitely aiming for promotion. There was some comments along the lines of “whether that’s auto or through play-offs. We are mindful there will be teams like Wrexham out there with big aims, so it won’t be easy. But we should be competitive”.

So, yeah. I doubt being decent but ending 9th is in BG’s plans. Whether 4th-7th and galant/unlucky play off losers is enough? Who knows 🤷‍♂️

I do like that he a couple of times reiterated “a busy summer”. I think if we can fulfil our current transfer desires, like we did in Jan, then we should have a good, competitive team that <should> be up there.

Thanks for the summaries. Great that everything was so positive. Incredible how far the "feel good feeling" has come in under 3 months

Pre season tour sounds great - hopefully northern france so fans can travel.

Season tickets sound sensible (cost and transfer).

Glad to hear that theyve addressed the scally interview internally. Hopefully last we hear from him. So interesting to read the words "fans priority". Stand by what i said on the other thread, his time as a director may be limited

Great to have Galinsons back in the UK, it adds a buzz to tomorrows game.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Brad agrees that NH underperformed before the takeover
…and expectations for next season are promotion. I’m sure if a budget were available to be competitive at the top end, they would be be happy with mid table mediocrity.

Aah.....You got it in, Feeling better now? ;)

I take it that the comment about the Scally interview was a response to a question so somebody did mention it. I suppose it was inevitable.

Being in Suffolk and not being a Twitter user, I doubt I will be able to see a recording, but I would have been interested to see the body language when answering.

I take it that the comment about the Scally interview was a response to a question so somebody did mention it. I suppose it was inevitable.

Being in Suffolk and not being a Twitter user, I doubt I will be able to see a recording, but I would have been interested to see the body language when answering.

that question seemed to lighten the mood with everyone !!! when Brad answered it by saying well I didn’t see that one coming !!!! I also was impressed with KJ and it’s great he’s on board with us now and helping Neil . Next season will be interesting for sure

I think you are pretty right there Trashy. I also couldn’t help but notice Brad didn’t say NH was a “good manager” or is “our chosen manager”. Classy, yes, positive, yes, Shannon likes him, hmmmm? 😁 and a comment about “the support is completely there”. Not sure if that means “he’s got all the support and tools to do well”, or “we fully support him”.

Unless I missed it, Tuesday night (im pretty sure) was the first time BG hasn't tweeted after a game since the takeover. Is there anything to read into that re NH's approach to the game?

Despite both opening and ending questions being a bit on the negative side and unnecessary imo (Scally on Talk Sport / highly awkward personal question about an ex player of ours) I thought there were some really good questions.

I too was particularly impressed with what KJ had to say on matters, especially as I hadn't heard him speak prior to last night, and as someone else mentioned, they were all very calm and dealt with everything thrown at them very well I thought.

Couple of other bits i'm not sure if been mentioned yet:

Talks ongoing about upgrading/redeveloping the town end at some stage, although no specific details about what that will look like or when.
BG just mentioned that talks were going well with relevant entities and it's something they are keen to sort soon, especially if the demand is there as attendances go up.

The megastore will be back in all it's former glory (open on Friday's and match days).

They are working on other match day experience initiatives to add value for fans, with talk of bringing back 50/50 match day lottery.

All in all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and there were so many positives to take away from it.

Sounds to me like we've finally got the right team of people in place that have, in a short space of time, nailed down a vision both on and off the pitch to take us forward.

Providing we stay up, if we get it right over the summer on playing side of things and all what was discussed get's implemented as planned then I sense next season is going to be an exciting one.

In BG's words 'automatic promotion is the aim, but if we have to go Wembley then so be it'.

Despite both opening and ending questions being a bit on the negative side and unnecessary imo (Scally on Talk Sport / highly awkward personal question about an ex player of ours) I thought there were some really good questions.

I was sitting in the row ahead of the guy who asked the Mandron question, and my immediate thought was "what a dick". Mandron hasn't been at the club for two months and I think even Harris was stumped by the stupidity of the question, saying he didn't tell his players to go out and try not to score before Christmas.

I also liked Fish's response to the question about the recent statement about racist, sexist and homophobic comments being shouted, acknowledging that this is football and the odd bit of industrial language can be released in frustration, but there are lines in society you now cannot cross. Football, like it or not, is part of society and is subject to the same rules.

Despite both opening and ending questions being a bit on the negative side and unnecessary……. awkward personal question about an ex player of ours)

I was sitting in the row ahead of the guy who asked the Mandron question, and my immediate thought was "what a dick". Mandron hasn't been at the club for two months and I think even Harris was stumped by the stupidity of the question, saying he didn't tell his players to go out and try not to score before Christmas.

Wow. What question was asked about Mandron then?

He asked why Mandron was never in the box, was that down to the player or was that Harris telling him to "drift".

Like I say the guy, (Mandron), is history, so the relevance of the question was non-existent to the current situation.
Could he at least have worded it to ask how differently we’re setting up now, how differently the players are playing, what the difference NH feels between the previous partnerships and what we have now?

I take it the bloke just came across at wanting a pop at a striker who has now left us, even though NH addressed it at the last forum.

Could he at least have worded it to ask how differently we’re setting up now, how differently the players are playing, what the difference NH feels between the previous partnerships and what we have now?

I take it the bloke just came across at wanting a pop at a striker who has now left us, even though NH addressed it at the last forum.

Yes it was just about digging out Mandron and trying to get a nugget from Harris. He could equally have asked why Oliver wasn't able to execute effective flick ons to Kelman last season, was that Harris' instruction too?

It was just such a weird question to ask in the context of the meeting, and especially because before it was asked, we were told that this would be the last question of the night.

You're right Harris did say in passing in the first meeting the difference it makes having Hawkins getting his head on the ball when the previous striker brought in to do that, failed in that regard. That should have been enough and Mandron's time with us put to bed and filed under "best forgotten".

Unless I missed it, Tuesday night (im pretty sure) was the first time BG hasn't tweeted after a game since the takeover. Is there anything to read into that re NH's approach to the game?

The Fish did, and in glowing terms. Knowing out about the illness in the camp may have played a part (would BG have even known about that?). Strength through adversity !

With the megastore reopening, I hope we will be able to order stuff online now I have moved away. Although I don't buy replica kits, I am a sucker for random items with the club's name and emblem on them. Sad? Very much so.:(

We know he flew over from the States in the last day or two. Perhaps he was traveling after the match or busy trying remember where he put his passport and find the lucky underpants he wears to every match.

Have to say, NH`s approach to that game was spot on ! Pro-performance and much appreciated by all who were there to see it !