Fans Forum 2 - 09/03 | Vital Football

Fans Forum 2 - 09/03

Question "was paul scally's outburst authorised" by the new owners?

I'm not sure 'outburst' is the right term and I can't see why his comments would need to be 'authorised' by anyone?

As many have stated, the comments weren't new or different to anything that hadn't been said before.

Just because things at Gillingham FC are better nowadays doesn't mean that these previous incidents didn't happen or should be conveniently whitewashed over. I bet the SOB won't stop restating their negative claims about PDPS - even if he was to go completely.

What exactly is the point of stirring it up. Just better to just let it go. People complain that Scally’s comments added negativity to the general positivity. Raising this just makes it worse.

Completely agree, waldo.

My initial feeling was similar to wx but it was a knee-jerk reaction and upon reflection I totally agree that raising the question would only make things worse.

Lots of very positive things on the Gills twitter page to read through this evening, especially the question about Olly Lee getting a send off from the crowd before a game, which the club are hoping to sort.

Too many things to mention, but it’s worth a read if you can

Lots of very positive things on the Gills twitter page to read through this evening, especially the question about Olly Lee getting a send off from the crowd before a game, which the club are hoping to sort.

Too many things to mention, but it’s worth a read if you can

Yes, a lot of good stuff came up. A few main points -

S/T prices lower than last year, transferable and with a payment option available.

Brad said didn’t expect to be 24th at takeover. But last 2 months is beyond expectations. But not getting ahead of themselves. “Big summer coming up”.

Likely to be a pre-season tour to either France or Italy.

Stadium will definitely remain cashless.

Ongoing talks about a ladies team. No timeframe but will happen. And on this theme, club is definitely embracing the #hergametoo movement.

Next seasons playing budget - the capital is there for us to be competitive at the top end.

Kits - staying with Macron. Order was placed 2 months before previous years. 3 kits, 2 of them “traditional”

More to follow -

Last edited:
More from the tweets.

Question about the manager - SG says she is very fond of him. Brad takes over and says Neil is a class man and along with Hess and KJ, the club is a more positive place. The support is completely there.

Lot of talk about the recent club statement about chanting, sexism etc. need to stamp it out.

Talk about the training ground (Beechings). Club in talks. Ground improvements. Lot of potential.

U21 team will happen either next season, or one after. Need to get it all in place. Also talk about improving the scouting across Kent and improving pathways for young players into GFC.

Talks held with companies about improving the sound system in the ground.

LED advertising around the pitch to be done. For financial reasons and “ because it’s cool” 😁

Q’s about players for next season - KJ says search and talks are going on constantly. Conor Masterson is a player “who interests us enormously”.

Q about investment. Brad said he wants the club sustainable. So he wants to grow and build it accordingly.

Fish talked about the stadium improvements and match day experience. Hooedully already noticeable. There will be TV’s in the RE concourse and this area open to both GRS and Medway for pre-game entertainment, food etc.

The PS interview. They didn’t know about it beforehand. Being dealt with internally. Their focus is on a happy fanbase.

Q about next seasons vision - Neil Harris says the team want to be a force in 2023/24. Brad says the team will get better and better. Full focus on improving all areas.

Last edited:
I haven’t heard the video stream of it all (if there is going to be one). But a lot of different people on various forums and Twitter have said that Kenny Jackett was very impressive in this one and the “star of the show”. Talked well and talked sense apparently.

Last edited:
I haven’t heard the video of it all (if there is going to be one). But a lot of different people on various forums and Twitter have said that Kenny Jackett was very impressive in this one and the “star of the show”. Talked well and talked sense apparently.
Always thought part of the reason why Jackett might have been appointed was to replace Harris if results had continued in their pre-January pattern. But fair play to Harris, once he got new players into the team he quickly turned things around. Of late we’ve gone back to a safety first style of play (no goals scored in the last 3 league games), but at least we’ve had 2 clean sheets in the last two against tricky opposition.

Lots of encouraging things coming up. Kenny Jackett came over very well. Everone on stage were relaxed and all the questions were answered very well. All in all a very good evening.

Thanks for the summary points. Everyone is saying the right things.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Brad agrees that NH underperformed before the takeover…
Brad said didn’t expect to be 24th at takeover.

…and expectations for next season are promotion. I’m sure if a budget were available to be competitive at the top end, they would be be happy with mid table mediocrity.
Next seasons playing budget - the capital is there for us to be competitive at the top end.