• Bryan Gil

• Richarlison

• Yves Bissouma

• Djed Spence

• Ivan Perisic

• Fraser Forster

• Kulu

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well he was 23 when he left the club and Jose had him for just over half a season. KWP had been given zero loans by Poch and had only been on the pitch 25 times since his debut 3 years prior. That's all fact. Now Jose not wanting to use him after completing a successful loan spell at Saints is just conjecture but also probably true.

All we can do is hope that the new regime don't repeat the same mistakes. Managing your homegrown quota is a big part of it. If you have enough then you don't do unnatural acts like retain a 22 year old RB as 3rd choice to tick the HG box. Our constant fight with not having enough homegrown coincides with the decline.

I glad to hear that there is more than just me that wants someone to manage our home grown youth as it is vital we put more time and more money into scouting for young HG players. Not just at senior level as it is just as vital at junior. We need a brave manager to look at the youth level and give some premiership minutes to see if they can make it.
That coach that gives you your chance becomes your most influential person. If handled right they can shape your whole career if not you can peak before you have begun

I glad to hear that there is more than just me that wants someone to manage our home grown youth as it is vital we put more time and more money into scouting for young HG players. Not just at senior level as it is just as vital at junior. We need a brave manager to look at the youth level and give some premiership minutes to see if they can make it.
That coach that gives you your chance becomes your most influential person. If handled right they can shape your whole career if not you can peak before you have begun

When you think Greaves couldn't come on as a sub in 1966 because no subs were allowed. By 2021, we are allowed 9 subs and you still see teams that don't give a youngster a chance to be part of a match day squad.

We have our easiest game of the season on paper tonight. You can see the fear in the club as only Scarlett starts and only White and Omole make the bench. 17 out of 20 are first teamers.

When you think Greaves couldn't come on as a sub in 1966 because no subs were allowed. By 2021, we are allowed 9 subs and you still see teams that don't give a youngster a chance to be part of a match day squad.

We have our easiest game of the season on paper tonight. You can see the fear in the club as only Scarlett starts and only White and Omole make the bench. 17 out of 20 are first teamers.

That is my exact point. You have Arsenal, Chelsea,Man utd and City play Ns Mura tonight and there team would be mostly youth players. You have to give them a chance to prove themselves.

Much ado about nothing ?click on the link and watch on you tube .
you won’t learn anything !!!!!!!!

I like Fabio's interviews, the only one at the club that talks like a leader. A guy that has a sales DNA, and doesn't need a script whilst doing an interview in a second language. I don't think Levy has ever been interviewed for 7 minutes without putting noses out of joint. He's just not a communicator.

Being relatively new, I think Fabio sees the bigger picture. As he said, his last 2 jobs have been 6 years and 11 years. Talking about the blend of young signings with the 3 existing kids at the club is what an MD of football ops should be talking about.

Last edited:
It is so hard to be patient but we went through a similar process with Pochettino, only now we have to be patient with Paratici.

120 days into his tenure and we are still working through all the shit from the last 4 years.

We do NOT have a winning culture. It will take time to develop that. Whether it's with or without Nuno is irrelevant. We just have to grin and bear it. The big change is we have the money, we are working now through the personnel issues.

It is so hard to be patient but we went through a similar process with Pochettino, only now we have to be patient with Paratici.

120 days into his tenure and we are still working through all the shit from the last 4 years.

We do NOT have a winning culture. It will take time to develop that. Whether it's with or without Nuno is irrelevant. We just have to grin and bear it. The big change is we have the money, we are working now through the personnel issues.

I concur....but one thing still bothers me...why we doesn't Nuno control what he can...Kane should not be anywhere near the pitch in his current form....there is something going on behind the scenes that we are not privy too...the only thing I can think of.

I concur....but one thing still bothers me...why we doesn't Nuno control what he can...Kane should not be anywhere near the pitch in his current form....there is something going on behind the scenes that we are not privy too...the only thing I can think of.

Well.......maybe Nuno's balls are about to descend.

I don't think this is anything like the beginning of the Poch era.

We had players like Hugo, Walker, Jan, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen and a young Kane coming through.

We simply do not have the quality of players here like we did back then.

From what I have seen with his manager appointment and player recruitment I am seeing nothing but a bang average DOF.

I don't think this is anything like the beginning of the Poch era.

We had players like Hugo, Walker, Jan, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen and a young Kane coming through.

We simply do not have the quality of players here like we did back then.

From what I have seen with his manager appointment and player recruitment I am seeing nothing but a bang average DOF.

The only similarity I can see is with Mason / Bentaleb and Skipp / Hojbjerg.

Mason and Bentaleb used to get selected above Paulinho, Capoue, Stambouli and even Dembele. The reason was because the 2 kids adopted Poch's tactics and made his system work. Skipp and Hojbjerg have nowhere the ball playing talent of Tanguy, Gio, Dele and even Winks, but get the shirt. Tanguy has been accommodated further forward because he simply cannot be trusted in the 2 man pivot, even though that is how he built his reputation.

The only similarity I can see is with Mason / Bentaleb and Skipp / Hojbjerg.

Mason and Bentaleb used to get selected above Paulinho, Capoue, Stambouli and even Dembele. The reason was because the 2 kids adopted Poch's tactics and made his system work. Skipp and Hojbjerg have nowhere the ball playing talent of Tanguy, Gio, Dele and even Winks, but get the shirt. Tanguy has been accommodated further forward because he simply cannot be trusted in the 2 man pivot, even though that is how he built his reputation.

Like it or not Lo Celso, Dele and Winks have had plenty of chances in recent years and haven't been good enough.

We can't keep saying Dele is good enough just because he was 4 years ago.

Ndombele is playing just because he is probably technically our best player. Doesn't mean much to me when you only show glimpses of talent a few minutes against crap teams.

Skippy and Hojbjerg will never win us anything going forward but work harder than the others. I don't see who else works better as a pair at the club.

I would literally sell all of them minus Skippy. He is young enough and seems a smart lad.

Like it or not Lo Celso, Dele and Winks have had plenty of chances in recent years and haven't been good enough.

Ndombele is playing just because he is probably technically our best player. Doesn't mean much to me when you only show glimpses of talent a few minutes against crap teams.

Skippy and Hojbjerg will never win us anything going forward but work harder than the others. I don't see who else works better as a pair at the club.

I would literally sell all of them minus Skippy. He is young enough and seems a smart lad.

Even Ndom can't carry the whole team in his back all of the time and that's what you're asking him to do, we need more than one creative player or it's simply too easy to nullify tactically one player.

Even Ndom can't carry the whole team in his back all of the time and that's what you're asking him to do, we need more than one creative player or it's simply too easy to nullify tactically one player.

No I'm asking a 60m player who is into his 3rd season to give 100% every week and get fit. A few flashes of brilliance doesn't mean Jack to me.

You are right about other attacking players needing to step up but I don't think the quality is there.

What you ask for is probably true, but definitely can't happen. Nuno has to try and get a tune out of them, and Fabio needs to start finding new homes for them over the next few windows.

What I would say though is that we'll get a better tune out of all of the midfielders if Nuno made an example of Kane. This passive pressing we're seeing is the other players telling their manager that if it is OK for Kane, then it is OK for them. The next player to get frustrated and not give 120% will be Bergwijn. He has worked his arse off for his managers, but will give up like the rest of them.

No I'm asking a 60m player who is into his 3rd season to give 100% every week and get fit. A few flashes of brilliance doesn't mean Jack to me.

You are right about other attacking players needing to step up but I don't think the quality is there.

He did again yesterday, but he was on a different wavelength to the rest of our 'attackers' - you may not have seen it on the TV but whenever he picked up the ball, the lack of movement and running from our front three was criminal - he has almost nowhere to go or give and get in dangerous areas because we had no one running wide more often than not and our 'attackers' were static.

He never stopped asking for the ball and showing and running, but few others (if any did).

He needs better than that around him.

Ndombele was trying to thread passes through the middle to Kane but Spam were intercepting them. It might be a dream but didn't we used to have Son giving width on the left , Moura on the right and Kane in the middle with Ndombele spraying it right and left and Dele arriving in the box for support.

He did again yesterday, but he was on a different wavelength to the rest of our 'attackers' - you may not have seen it on the TV but whenever he picked up the ball, the lack of movement and running from our front three was criminal - he has almost nowhere to go or give and get in dangerous areas because we had no one running wide more often than not and our 'attackers' were static.

He never stopped asking for the ball and showing and running, but few others (if any did).

He needs better than that around him.
It was possible to pick up most of that on the TV. I was watching him and he was constantly on the move looking for pockets of space. But once he was on the ball there were so few forward options for him. Most of his forward passes were intercepted but sometimes that's down to the runs of the players ahead who don't find the space to pass into.

Your right about the quality not being there. We really need to take a plunge and throw in some youngsters into the starting eleven. One I have hopes for other than Devine who has had his bow, is Markanday.